Dirty filthy disgusting Leeds A Sun 22nd Nov KO 430pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Perryashburtongroves

Re: Dirty filthy disgusting Leeds A Sun 22nd Nov KO 430pm

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

augie wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:46 pm
Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:43 pm
augie wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:38 pm
Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:32 pm
This is like early 1995 under George Graham. Fucking dreadful.
Also, anyone know when Bob started supporting Arsenal?

Difference being that GG had delivered us several trophies at that stage 8)

Yeah. And I suppose with Ian Wright and TA we had a couple of players who could actually get us out of a hole when we needed something. Today reminded me of an atrocious game against Sheffield Wednesday on a Sunday in 1995, I think. Shit game, nothing happening and then Wrighty had one chance and nicked it in stoppage time. Sadly, we don't have an Ian Wright.

Think I remember that game too - was it played at highbury and he scored it in front of north bank stand ? Was it a shocking wet day too ? Not sure if I have the weather part mixed up with a different game though

Yes. That's it. Pouring rain all game. Fuck all happened for 90 minutes and then a ball came over the top, Wrighty beat Des Walker and slotted it past that fat Kevin Pressman. December 1993 apparently, just looked it up.

Midz

Post by Midz »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:13 pm
Can we sign those posts.....?
:D :D

They were probably our best player.

Midz

Post by Midz »

g88ner wrote:
Pepe must be proper thick to instigate a “head contact” (I can’t bring myself to call that a headbutt :lol:) in the days of VAR.

Pepe was voicing his frustration in the press last week about and the lack of game time so, when given a chance, he plays shit and then gets needlessly sent off and a 3 match ban! Prat :lol:

Footballers are slimy *word censored* though. That guy rolling around pretending he was head butted is a disgrace... but it got VARs attention do it worked!
He's another brainless cun..t. a 33 match ban would be ok for me. he won't be missed as he's fucking useless anyway!

Midz

Post by Midz »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:41 pm
The fucking gormless look on the fucking dickhead’s face as he walks off. Can’t stand the wanker.
seconded.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Was that the Des Walker that could never be beaten ?

Natural Born Gooner

Post by Natural Born Gooner »

augie wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:46 pm
Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:43 pm
augie wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:32 pm
This is like early 1995 under George Graham. Fucking dreadful.
Also, anyone know when Bob started supporting Arsenal?

Difference being that GG had delivered us several trophies at that stage 8)

Yeah. And I suppose with Ian Wright and TA we had a couple of players who could actually get us out of a hole when we needed something. Today reminded me of an atrocious game against Sheffield Wednesday on a Sunday in 1995, I think. Shit game, nothing happening and then Wrighty had one chance and nicked it in stoppage time. Sadly, we don't have an Ian Wright.

Think I remember that game too - was it played at highbury and he scored it in front of north bank stand ? Was it a shocking wet day too ? Not sure if I have the weather part mixed up with a different game though
That and Man City away I think the same season and same scenario. Memorable for Wrightys celebration after!

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

A11M11 wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:02 pm
Was that the Des Walker that could never be beaten ?
That's him, also the same one who Marc Overmars just jogged past for the Netherlands at Wembley one evening.

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

Although we deserved fuck all and are a shambles of a club, just had a few more looks at the handball and, considering what has been given this season, that is a penalty!
As for the “team” - fuck off if you don’t want to play with any heart or fight. And Arteta can do one as well! Boring, weak, timid, prima fuckin donnas, most of them. The only hope now is for Martinelli to come back and hopefully show some of these pricks what desire means and how to score! Fucked off with the lot of them (Tierney excluded). Goodnight!

augie

Post by augie »

goonertux wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:15 pm
Although we deserved fuck all and are a shambles of a club, just had a few more looks at the handball and, considering what has been given this season, that is a penalty!
As for the “team” - fuck off if you don’t want to play with any heart or fight. And Arteta can do one as well! Boring, weak, timid, prima fuckin donnas, most of them. The only hope now is for Martinelli to come back and hopefully show some of these pricks what desire means and how to score! Fucked off with the lot of them (Tierney excluded). Goodnight!

You think that he will be picked ahead of willian ? He'll be a sub who will be rotated in for 25-25 minutes every other league game, and will play the first 60 minutes or so of the cup games. Bank on that buddy

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

surprised how many Arsenal fans have completely lost it with this result. good overall performance against a very tough bielsa team that runs opposition ragged, especially at home, after a tough and grueling international break for some of our players.

ceballos was very handy with some great interceptions, tierney was a livewire all game, saka's appearance was extremely bright. only one player let the team down and the positive is we won't have to put with him for the next few matches. just need martinelli to come back and replace laca and we'll look a decent team

goonertux

Post by goonertux »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:00 pm
surprised how many Arsenal fans have completely lost it with this result. good overall performance against a very tough bielsa team that runs opposition ragged, especially at home, after a tough and grueling international break for some of our players.

ceballos was very handy with some great interceptions, tierney was a livewire all game, saka's appearance was extremely bright. only one player let the team down and the positive is we won't have to put with him for the next few matches. just need martinelli to come back and replace laca and we'll look a decent team
Henry - what were you watching? Most of Ceballos passing was backwards/sideways or went out of play! I’ll give you Tierney and Saka, and maybe Gabriel and Leno. But as for a good, overall performance? What?! How many chances did we create? Leeds hit the woodwork at least 3 times, and on another day we would have been out of it by half time. Bellend, Holding, Xhaka, Ceballos, Willian, Pepe (!), and Auba all absolute shite. 7 out of 11! You can carry 1 or 2 but not 7. And it’s the apparent lazy, couldn’t care less attitude that’s the most worrying. Strange how some people see games!

Midz

Post by Midz »

It's not just this result, it's the whole season.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

“Good overall performance”

Fuck me. Now I can just about give you the defensive performance given the clean sheet - albeit relying on them hitting the woodwork three times, Leno making two top saves and them pissing away numerous other chances.

But going forward? We are a disgrace. Absolutely zero creativity, and no tempo. Our most intrepid attackers were Saka and Tierney.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

To think we spunked £72 MILLION on the useless CUNTBAG - We could have had Upemcamo or Wayne dibble for less than that...as someone said on here recently he's the only player who looks bewildered and confused before he even gets on the pitch.

Then of course we give a contract to that chavski pensioner Willian :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I'm quickly losing faith in this manager and team :cry:

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:00 pm

Don't know what game you were watching or what you were smoking but we were shite from start to the end. We were lucky not to concede 6. Still that's another point in our relegation battle. 40pts here we come. :barscarf: :barscarf: