Dirty filthy disgusting Leeds A Sun 22nd Nov KO 430pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
John F

Re: Dirty filthy disgusting Leeds A Sun 22nd Nov KO 430pm

Post by John F »

With the shameful news that Arsenal are now approaching 500minutes in the league since they last scored in open play I wouldn't be surprised if opposition goalkeeper s formed a book club for recommendations of what to read during the match. :banghead:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

We didn’t take a single short kick out yesterday (that I can remember anyway) they were all booted long by Leno.

Thought that was strange as it was a massive departure from taking them all short and bar winning a throw in off a couple of them (which Bellerin continues to throw foul ones this season :banghead: ) we lost possession on most of them.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

John F wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:22 am
With the shameful news that Arsenal are now approaching 500minutes in the league since they last scored in open play I wouldn't be surprised if opposition goalkeeper s formed a book club for recommendations of what to read during the match. :banghead:

Hate to break it to you but we are actually now four minutes shy of eight hours without a goal in the Premier League from open play :suicide:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Anyone think we’ll score in the first 4 minutes against Wolves? Nah, me neither :suicide:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

augie wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:36 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:25 pm
That's Tierneys Arsenal career over. :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyone see what happened ? That fool tyler was suggesting that it was over pepe's red card, but it was hardly over that was it ? :?

Btw Tierney was motm by a country mile - wasnt hard I know, but given arteta's preference to ship out any player that shows a bit of fight, it should be highlighted how we look when he keeps those lovely nice boys in the team :roll: :oops: :oops:
MOTM...FFS he cant even take a throw in, twice he fucked up, hes an average slogger.... they were all total shit, maybe excuse Leno only
Only bright point was after 86 mins Bellerin surged forwrad and put a great pass to make a chance

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Midz wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:52 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:41 pm
The fucking gormless look on the fucking dickhead’s face as he walks off. Can’t stand the wanker.
seconded.
That vacant look is no act...he really has nothing in his brain

augie

Post by augie »

Redarmy wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:19 am
augie wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Anyone see what happened ? That fool tyler was suggesting that it was over pepe's red card, but it was hardly over that was it ? :?

Btw Tierney was motm by a country mile - wasnt hard I know, but given arteta's preference to ship out any player that shows a bit of fight, it should be highlighted how we look when he keeps those lovely nice boys in the team :roll: :oops: :oops:
MOTM...FFS he cant even take a throw in, twice he fucked up, hes an average slogger.... they were all total shit, maybe excuse Leno only
Only bright point was after 86 mins Bellerin surged forwrad and put a great pass to make a chance

Buddy you are mixing up your full backs - bellend was the fool that keeps fcuking up the throw ins, and Tierney was my motm

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:49 am
Redarmy wrote:
augie wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Buddy you are mixing up your full backs - bellend was the fool that keeps fcuking up the throw ins, and Tierney was my motm
:lol:

I was reading it thinking hang on when did Tierney fuck up the throws....?

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:22 am
augie wrote:
Redarmy wrote:
augie wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Oh yeah...apologies so fucking angry cant think straight

augie

Post by augie »

Redarmy wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:01 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
augie wrote:
Redarmy wrote:
augie wrote:

I've been there buddy :cry:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

augie wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:03 am
Redarmy wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:01 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
augie wrote:
Redarmy wrote:

I've been there buddy :cry:
from todays Sun....
Arsenal call in police after Nicolas Pepe and Ezgjan Alioski suffer racist abuse and death threats following Leeds clash

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

has he gone yet?

augie

Post by augie »

I dunno if it is ironic or hypocritical writing this on an internet forum, but social media has gotten out of control and needs to be clamped down on big time. People seem to think that they can say what they like without sanction as if saying it online is different than saying it face to face :roll: C.unts like donald trump have made racism "fashionable" again and it has brought out the dredges of society from the sewers in which they had been exiled to in recent years. Twitter and other social media platforms can delete posts all they like, but the reality is that they cannot un-ring a bell that has already been rung - banning people of social media doesnt do the job either, and it will take severe sanctons to deter dickheads from posting racist crap. Personally I would advocate jail sentences, severe fines and/or being forced to wear those leg monitors to flag to their communities what a scumbag they are :roll:

On a side issue that is somewhat social media related, rte (our national broadcaster) has received over 100 complaints about their staff attending a retirement party for one of their colleagues without wearing a face mask - seriously what kind of a c.unt would be that petty or vindictive to actually make a complaint ?? We are all fcuked off having to wear face masks etc, but could you seriously be arsed to complain about that ?? :roll: :oops: :oops:

augie

Post by augie »

the playing mantis wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:26 pm
has he gone yet?

Arteta ?? Not fcuking likely - dont you know that we have one of the best young coaches around ? All you have to do is look at our set pieces to recognise that this is a manager that has coached with meticulous precision all week :roll: :oops: :oops:

SPARKSY

Post by SPARKSY »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:00 pm
surprised how many Arsenal fans have completely lost it with this result. good overall performance against a very tough bielsa team that runs opposition ragged, especially at home, after a tough and grueling international break for some of our players.

ceballos was very handy with some great interceptions, tierney was a livewire all game, saka's appearance was extremely bright. only one player let the team down and the positive is we won't have to put with him for the next few matches. just need martinelli to come back and replace laca and we'll look a decent team
Agreed. The reaction is like that of an hysterical woman who got an hoover for xmas.
We all know what we have been like these past 5 years or so. There are still players who need offloading and new players to come in.
Arteta is still working on the team and will continue until things start to fit in to place.
We used to ship goals with limp dick performances but at least he has tightened us up. Yes, there will be many defeats but we are better defensively.
Surely, he needs to get a solid base so we can build. Not much use scoring loads of goals if you're shipping them the other end.
There are plenty of reasons to be optimistic. A decent young squad and good manager who has just won us an FA Cup ( and a Charity Shield)
People need to support, not slag off him and the team all the time.