Legends Stadium Tours

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Kingralph

Legends Stadium Tours

Post by Kingralph »

Morning all.

Does anyone know, if you take a legends stadium tour, will they sign memorabilia?

With next year being the 50 year anniversary of Charlie rifling in ‘that’ goal against the Victims to win the Double, I was hoping to buy a retro 70/71 FA Cup final shirt from the club shop, get Mr George to sign it, and then get it boxed up as a present for my old man.

On the description it says you do get a signed photo, but not if they will sign anything else on the day.

Any ideas?

A11M11

Re: Legends Stadium Tours

Post by A11M11 »

Ask him , slip him a tenner and he will probably meet you in a pub on Blackstock road.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Kingralph wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:50 am
Morning all.

Does anyone know, if you take a legends stadium tour, will they sign memorabilia?

With next year being the 50 year anniversary of Charlie rifling in ‘that’ goal against the Victims to win the Double, I was hoping to buy a retro 70/71 FA Cup final shirt from the club shop, get Mr George to sign it, and then get it boxed up as a present for my old man.

On the description it says you do get a signed photo, but not if they will sign anything else on the day.

Any ideas?
I'd be amazed if he refused after you explained it's for your old man mate. Unless some club marketing jobsworth cùnt gets involved..... :|

Never met him but by all acounts Charlie knows where he came from.

Chance the arm! :barscarf:

Kingralph

Post by Kingralph »

A11M11 wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:24 am
Ask him , slip him a tenner and he will probably meet you in a pub on Blackstock road.
I heard Charlie used to have a drinking problem so maybe a pub isn’t the best option, but I get the sentiment! :D

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Kingralph wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:50 am
Morning all.

Any ideas?
Hello Kingralph,

I’ve done the Highbury tour with Bob Wilson and also the Emirates one with Charlie, (see my avatar picture ) both were happy to pose for photo’s and good enough to have signed my 1971 cup final programme also.

I’d be very surprised if your request was refused, as long as you do it at an appropriate time.

Enjoy the tour and hope your dad enjoys his present.

herbert

Post by herbert »

like Stuart said I would be very surprised if he refused

Wait until the end of the tour in the press room and thats where you can normally get a photo with him and he signed my 71 shirt there

Kingralph

Post by Kingralph »

herbert wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:34 pm
like Stuart said I would be very surprised if he refused

Wait until the end of the tour in the press room and thats where you can normally get a photo with him and he signed my 71 shirt there
Thanks. Once the tours are up and running again, I’ll sort it out. :barscarf: