Wolves Wallapurs H Sun 29th Nov KO 715pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
falkirk goon

Re: Wolves Wallapurs H Sun 29th Nov KO 715pm

Post by falkirk goon »

He has to go it's as simple as that.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

A massive gamble/mistake employing a no mark as manager of a big club. If they let him go the full season, bottom 6 awaits. Just get rid now, write off a few million and lets move on. I don't believe these same bunch of players can't be 50-60% better than they are currently. (Still shit but a whole lot better than now)!

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Rhys Nelson standing over a corner :suicide:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

I honestly don’t see where our next win is coming from.
I consider the Burnley match in a couple of weeks time a relegation 6 pointer.

Midz

Post by Midz »

falkirk goon wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:21 pm
He has to go it's as simple as that.
Maybe, but whoever's in charge will still have the worst squad in premier league history and will struggle like he is.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:20 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:05 pm
augie wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:02 pm
We are playing a team whose main goal scorer went off after 3 minutes, and whose best player (neves) only came on for the last 25 minutes, and yet they are so comfortable they could go into snooze mode :roll: :oops: :oops:

No doubt we have worst midfield I have seen for a long, long time, but where is all this heart and passion that I am hearing so much about ? Supposedly the players are in a happier and more positive place since arteta took over, but I dont see much fight in them and if anything they look like a team that has thrown in the towel
Happier for sure because some of the c.unts have played over 100 times for the club and been shit for years and the new Messiah has persuaded them to stay on the gravy train and carry on being shite but guaranteed a place ahead of a younger player
I get your negativity, I do because I don't think there's an arsenal supporter who thinks we are decent side but when posters on here defended the last adjutant, their main weapon was he didn't sign or sell players.

So why all of a sudden do posters think Arteta signs and sells players, just a question because some people on here moan about Arteta signing pepe and saliba (for example) !?and if memory serves me well they were signed before he got here
My post was really referring to the (much lauded at the time) decision to persuade Xhaka to stay. I know there are people on here who said so much shit about Emery that they can't concede a single favourable thing about him, but it is undeniable that the Swiss prick was gone after his two finger salute. Stripped of the captaincy, confined to the stiffs and a couple of German teams lined up to loan him back. He'd fallen out with the fans, failed to make an apology, and even the numerous Emery haters were counting the days down to January when the club footed turd was heading out of the door. Xhaka would even concede himself that Arteta persuaded him to stay

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

He'll last the season. There is no way anything will happen beforehand with empty grounds.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Surely to fuck there has to be some young lads in the youths who are better than Ceballos and Xhaka.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

Interesting stat from Ian Darke in commentary. This season we have averaged 85 passes to every goal attempt. That's not goals, that's goal attempts!

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

I say this in all seriousness....we’re lucky that there looks to be 3 sides likely to end up with fewer points than us. Mind you, I wouldn’t guarantee it ! I see no reason to believe that we’ll end up higher than we are and we could well end up in a scrap at the bottom.

This team has lost it. There’s no obvious structure or game plan and the players seem to have no belief. This is now worse than anything we saw under Wenger or Emery. I really don’t know how this ends up....fucking worrying.

We’ll lose by at least 3 next week.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:27 pm
Surely to fuck there has to be some young lads in the youths who are better than Ceballos and Xhaka.
Of course there are - he just doesn't want to give any of them a chance. He's made a prick of himself re-signing Ceballos on loan (please don't tell me someone else was responsible for that) and persuading Xhaka to stay and making him a mainstay of the team. A good manager would have the humility to admit he'd done wrong and take a different turn - every manager makes mistakes, even those in the game for 30 years, and if he did that and tried some kids and came up short, I'd give him the credit he deserved for trying something else. However, he has stood by these clowns game after game and is almost sticking two fingers up to everyone else by keep picking them. Nobody thinks Willian, Ceballos or Xhaka have done anything all season and yet they know they'll be back in the team. What's the point of being Emile Smith Rowe right now unless its to play against the Dog and Duck when we've already qualified for the EL next stage
Last edited by SteveO 35 on Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

We simply don’t have a midfield and therefore nothing else functions.

No midfield player capable of controlling play, no one who can pass the ball through the lines and no creativity.

It’s abysmal. Partey better be immense as he basically has our season on his shoulders :lol:

If we don’t recruit a creative central player (or at least register Ozil :lol: ) we might as well take our ball and go home now :roll:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

I can't see who, apart from Fulham, Burnley and West Brom, we will beat this season.

King Henry

Post by King Henry »

Big questions will be asked about the manager, as they should, but given the personnel I don't see what we can even do. Attack wise with Aubameyang totally out of form we have no goalscorers in the whole squad and on top of that not one creator in the team either to even make chances. That's probably why Arteta has been playing so defensive and hoping to nick one goal because when we actually try to attack we still can't score but end up conceding far more. We have to win next week but that seems impossible right now.

hertsgunner

Post by hertsgunner »

Arteta is out of his depth. Look at what Mourino has done to that shower of shit down the road. Signed Doughty, the fella from Southampton and the boy from Swansea and they thrash Utd away beat city at home and get a point away to the chavs.