Wolves Wallapurs H Sun 29th Nov KO 715pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: Wolves Wallapurs H Sun 29th Nov KO 715pm

Post by augie »

goonersid wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:45 pm
augie wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:37 pm
As soon as arteta came in guendouzi was dropped to the subs bench ......... behind these c.unts - people question his attitude but if he wasnt pissed as hell to be behind these c.unts, then I would question his heart. Himself AND torreira are a million miles better than xhaka, ceballos and elneny, and yet they were not wanted by this gormless pr*ck :roll: :evil:
Augie!! Arteta is a busted flush, I want him sacked!
But you’re obsession with Guendozy? ?
He is fucking shite! Also Torreira! Shite apart from his first 3 months!
We’re a fucking mess , but guendozy nor any if the rest of the shite?
Come on!
Getting rid of that shite, will be be the one good thing Arteta has done!

Management Rule 101 - any decision you make should make the team stronger - has keeping xhaka and resigning ceballos ahead of guendouzi made us stronger ? Has it fcuk. You obviously think that they are shite and that is your perogative, but ffs get rid of the other two useless c.unts first, and then work them out of the team and squad. Keeping xhaka was a bad and worrying start to his tenure and it hasnt improved since

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Just read that Aubameyang touched the ball 23 times.......one fewer than Bernd Leno

Arteta truly is a genius - he's turned a mutliple golden boot winner into someone who looks less threatening than Ollie McBurnie !

augie

Post by augie »

g88ner wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:53 pm
Mr Eboue wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:46 pm
You'd think we were playing with Duncan Ferguson up front the way we were (attempting) to whip balls into the box time after time, only to have them cleared by Wolves defence. Auba not exactly going to win many headers there, but we persist. :banghead:
Yes bang on!

Our game plan is definitely aimed at getting wide and crossing the ball in for the big man! Giroud would love it.... Auba and Laca, not so much :lol:

If we’re going to stick with this game plan, we need a new striker in January who is good in the air!

the players don’t match the style of play, and that’s why we look lost and impotent.

Without wishing to stand up for arteta here, but when you have zero creativity through the middle, you have no choice but to go wide

King Henry

Post by King Henry »

SteveO 35 wrote:
g88ner wrote:
hertsgunner wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:34 pm
Arteta is out of his depth. Look at what Mourino has done to that shower of shit down the road. Signed Doughty, the fella from Southampton and the boy from Swansea and they thrash Utd away beat city at home and get a point away to the chavs.
Having Kane and Son helps. Those 2 have turned a bang average team into a dangerous one. The rest of the team is fairly ordinary.
And that much is defnitely true. However, what he didn't do is say - we've already got some really good forwards.....lets go and buy even more!

What he did was pick up players to come into the positions where they were weak.

We've got 9 first team centre halves, not including Kolasinac, Xhaka and Tierney who have all played there under this manager.......12 options for 2 or 3 starting positions.

Whilst its still unclear who is responsible for each and every signing the club makes, the manager has an influence......and any manager worth his salt would have been banging the door down of the owner/CEO, saying to get rid of 3 centre halves and sign an attacking midfielder.....even if on loan
The problem is we did try to get rid of Kolasinac, Mustafi, Sokratis and Chambers in the summer but they're so bad that almost no one wanted them, the few that did couldn't afford their ridiculous wages, and the players didn't want to take a pay cut. Just a mess all round :banghead:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

I just struggle to believe what I see every game.
Arteta plays the same way.....two ‘central’ midfielders bang in front of the CB’s, doesn’t matter who the two CM are, he plays them just in front of the CB’s, hence our ‘better’ defensive displays sometimes. It also explains Artetas obsession with wingers, because we have no central midfield so it has to go down the wings. Every game the same!!!! I thought Arteta was supposed to be innovative? A top prospect? I’ve never seen an Arsenal manager look so lost and confused. The only time he stops putting 2 CM’s in front of the defence is in the Europa league.....and fuck me we actually score some goals. The problem with the Kroenke’s is that they are so detached from the club god knows who is making decisions about the manager and transfers etc, and they are making HUGE fuck ups!!
Arteta is worse than Emery, much worse. E are so fucked.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

:suicide:

:cry:

:suicide:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arteta on Partey: "I don't think he will be ready for a few games."

Asked whether the injury was more serious than first feared: "Yes."

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Partey out long term, injury worse than first thought :suicide:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

augie wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:58 pm
g88ner wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:53 pm
Mr Eboue wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:46 pm
You'd think we were playing with Duncan Ferguson up front the way we were (attempting) to whip balls into the box time after time, only to have them cleared by Wolves defence. Auba not exactly going to win many headers there, but we persist. :banghead:
Yes bang on!

Our game plan is definitely aimed at getting wide and crossing the ball in for the big man! Giroud would love it.... Auba and Laca, not so much :lol:

If we’re going to stick with this game plan, we need a new striker in January who is good in the air!

the players don’t match the style of play, and that’s why we look lost and impotent.
Without wishing to stand up for arteta here, but when you have zero creativity through the middle, you have no choice but to go wide
Exactly. It’s just a shame we don’t have any strikers who are any good in the air. Auba, Laca and Nketiah just don’t suit that style of play.

If we can’t get a creative player in January and mix the play up a bit then we might as well sign a 7ft lump and carry on as we are...

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:26 pm
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:20 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:05 pm
augie wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:02 pm
We are playing a team whose main goal scorer went off after 3 minutes, and whose best player (neves) only came on for the last 25 minutes, and yet they are so comfortable they could go into snooze mode :roll: :oops: :oops:

No doubt we have worst midfield I have seen for a long, long time, but where is all this heart and passion that I am hearing so much about ? Supposedly the players are in a happier and more positive place since arteta took over, but I dont see much fight in them and if anything they look like a team that has thrown in the towel
Happier for sure because some of the c.unts have played over 100 times for the club and been shit for years and the new Messiah has persuaded them to stay on the gravy train and carry on being shite but guaranteed a place ahead of a younger player
I get your negativity, I do because I don't think there's an arsenal supporter who thinks we are decent side but when posters on here defended the last adjutant, their main weapon was he didn't sign or sell players.

So why all of a sudden do posters think Arteta signs and sells players, just a question because some people on here moan about Arteta signing pepe and saliba (for example) !?and if memory serves me well they were signed before he got here
My post was really referring to the (much lauded at the time) decision to persuade Xhaka to stay. I know there are people on here who said so much shit about Emery that they can't concede a single favourable thing about him, but it is undeniable that the Swiss prick was gone after his two finger salute. Stripped of the captaincy, confined to the stiffs and a couple of German teams lined up to loan him back. He'd fallen out with the fans, failed to make an apology, and even the numerous Emery haters were counting the days down to January when the club footed turd was heading out of the door. Xhaka would even concede himself that Arteta persuaded him to stay
Fair enough about the xhaka debacle and I was one who lauded emery when he had that run and seemed to be progressing.

What I wi say say though that is as shit as xhaka is we don't have many better players in that position because we have an absolute shite squad that even the very best of managers would struggle to make us an at least decent side.

I will however concede that losing at home to villa and wolves is shocking

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:15 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
augie wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:02 pm
We are playing a team whose main goal scorer went off after 3 minutes, and whose best player (neves) only came on for the last 25 minutes, and yet they are so comfortable they could go into snooze mode :roll: :oops: :oops:

No doubt we have worst midfield I have seen for a long, long time, but where is all this heart and passion that I am hearing so much about ? Supposedly the players are in a happier and more positive place since arteta took over, but I dont see much fight in them and if anything they look like a team that has thrown in the towel
Happier for sure because some of the c.unts have played over 100 times for the club and been shit for years and the new Messiah has persuaded them to stay on the gravy train and carry on being shite but guaranteed a place ahead of a younger player
I get your negativity, I do because I don't think there's an arsenal supporter who thinks we are decent side but when posters on here defended the last adjutant, their main weapon was he didn't sign or sell players.

So why all of a sudden do posters think Arteta signs and sells players, just a question because some people on here moan about Arteta signing pepe and saliba (for example) !?and if memory serves me well they were signed before he got here
My post was really referring to the (much lauded at the time) decision to persuade Xhaka to stay. I know there are people on here who said so much shit about Emery that they can't concede a single favourable thing about him, but it is undeniable that the Swiss prick was gone after his two finger salute. Stripped of the captaincy, confined to the stiffs and a couple of German teams lined up to loan him back. He'd fallen out with the fans, failed to make an apology, and even the numerous Emery haters were counting the days down to January when the club footed turd was heading out of the door. Xhaka would even concede himself that Arteta persuaded him to stay
Fair enough about the xhaka debacle and I was one who lauded emery when he had that run and seemed to be progressing.

What I wi say say though that is as shit as xhaka is we don't have many better players in that position because we have an absolute shite squad that even the very best of managers would struggle to make us an at least decent side.

The one thing I will say in Arteta's 'defence' is that the state of our academy must be even worse than I feared if there really isn't a player capable of even making the bench to challenge the CDM wasters that are Xhaka and Ceballos. I've actually watched more football than normal this weekend and I'm struggling to think of a single worse midfield partnership. Southampton have better players there FFS. Its absolutely embarrassing when you think about it. Jack Wilshere is the last central midfield we've produced who I got excited about, whilst I can't recall the last centre half or centre forward who made me feel anything resembling excitement.

This is our worst PL start ever - the team are 14th in the league and have had less shots than anyone else and we're here saying that there isn't a young midfielder anywhere in our ranks either as a creator or a destroyer who can improve what's out there at the moment (or even challenge them). That's either the most damning indictment of our academy yet, or sheer stubborness on the manager's part to look beyond these two mongs

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:24 pm
Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:15 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

The one thing I will say in Arteta's 'defence' is that the state of our academy must be even worse than I feared if there really isn't a player capable of even making the bench to challenge the CDM wasters that are Xhaka and Ceballos. I've actually watched more football than normal this weekend and I'm struggling to think of a single worse midfield partnership. Southampton have better players there FFS. Its absolutely embarrassing when you think about it. Jack Wilshere is the last central midfield we've produced who I got excited about, whilst I can't recall the last centre half or centre forward who made me feel anything resembling excitement.

This is our worst PL start ever - the team are 14th in the league and have had less shots than anyone else and we're here saying that there isn't a young midfielder anywhere in our ranks either as a creator or a destroyer who can improve what's out there at the moment (or even challenge them). That's either the most damning indictment of our academy yet, or sheer stubborness on the manager's part to look beyond these two mongs
Can't disagree with your assumption tbf and wilshere was my hope of a playmaker in the guise of DB but alas that didn't work out because of his injury problems.

The sad truth is we have a weak squad who struggle to create chances and when we do can't convert them, any manager coming in will struggle with this team imo.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

About what I expected. This will be the norm in future. Same rubbish players means only one thing. A rubbish result. We can look forward to some exciting relegation battles ahead. 40pts looks a mile away. Still love 'em. :barscarf: :barscarf:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

augie wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:56 pm
goonersid wrote:
augie wrote:
As soon as arteta came in guendouzi was dropped to the subs bench ......... behind these c.unts - people question his attitude but if he wasnt pissed as hell to be behind these c.unts, then I would question his heart. Himself AND torreira are a million miles better than xhaka, ceballos and elneny, and yet they were not wanted by this gormless pr*ck :roll: :evil:
Augie!! Arteta is a busted flush, I want him sacked!
But you’re obsession with Guendozy? ?
He is fucking shite! Also Torreira! Shite apart from his first 3 months!
We’re a fucking mess , but guendozy nor any if the rest of the shite?
Come on!
Getting rid of that shite, will be be the one good thing Arteta has done!

Management Rule 101 - any decision you make should make the team stronger - has keeping xhaka and resigning ceballos ahead of guendouzi made us stronger ? Has it fcuk. You obviously think that they are shite and that is your perogative, but ffs get rid of the other two useless c.unts first, and then work them out of the team and squad. Keeping xhaka was a bad and worrying start to his tenure and it hasnt improved since
How is guendouzi performing out on loan?
How is Torreira performing out on loan?
Ultimately, if Partey was fit Xhaka wouldn't be starting. Why play 4-2-3-1 when the best player we have to play in the middle of three is ostracised from the squad?
Go back to 3-4-3 and we will start winning again.
My issue with the game today was that we let them boss it, no one was playing together. Just look at the distance between the players when they stood round the centre circle for the minute applause. That is not a team that is together. Upon seeing that I knew we'd struggle to win.
It's been a november nightmare, and its not the first time that has happened to us.

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Arsenal are more than happy to throw shit loads of money at players to make them join/stay at the club, to sort this mess they need to do that with a quality manager, not a middle of the road or totally unproven one.
Arteta said we are creating chances’?????? WTF??? There’s the issue right there if the guy seriously thinks that!! Sack the prick, not next month, not tomorrow, NOW!!