Cockbadge vadges A Sun 6th Dec KO 430pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
A11M11

Re: Cockbadge vadges A Sun 6th Dec KO 430pm

Post by A11M11 »

Are they allowing fans in for this too?

yes 2000 ( no away though )

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:16 am
One of our players will go up for a header and the dirty cheating bastard crayon muncher will back in to him when he's in the air and then fuck himself to the ground and win a penalty :roll:

He will break someone's neck one of these days doing that the window licking, diving, cheating, spit faced, brain dead fucking CUUUNT :banghead:
Hey Spit the Scouse will tell you Fat Tongue is world class for being "clever" and "earning" a penalty when he does that..... :censored:

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

https://www.espn.com/soccer/arsenal/sto ... ssion=true

Reminds me of the showdown Adams had with Vieira and Petit. Maybe its whats needed, Arteta takes the responsibility but players need to step up , like to know who led these talks.
Think we'll go to a back 5 for this , form out the window watching from behind the sofa with my glenmorangie.....

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

We'll do the scum 2-1 or 2-0. Got a feeling. They are shit and it'll be one of those days for us which everything we hit goes in.

Herd

Post by Herd »

I'm quietly hoping that the god forbids will be overconfident and we can hit them on the break ,the problem is at the moment we break with the speed and alacrity of a crippled slug !

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

Can't see us getting anything against Dustbin Lids at the Middlesex Swamp, hoping we get at least a couple of players sent off for chinning the scumbags. :barscarf: :box: :mrgreen:

So we're supposed to have a substantial meal whilst watching the game in the boozers, WTF? :cussing:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

They are shit and it'll be one of those days for us which everything we hit goes in
You mean both of our shots to go in?? :shock: :shock: :shock: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: 8)

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

TeeCee wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:55 am
They are shit and it'll be one of those days for us which everything we hit goes in
You mean both of our shots to go in?? :shock: :shock: :shock: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: 8)
Yeah. One from a free-kick and the other from a header.

augie

Post by augie »

Wengerballs wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:42 am
2-2. Form counts for nothing in the derby.

No but heart, courage and commitment does - sadly too many of our starting team have none of those qualities :roll: :evil: :censored: :censored:

I'd like to say that we can set ourselves up solid defensively like we did at old shatford when we got the draw, but the reality is that son is better than anything the mancs have, and fat tongue will without doubt score a penalty against us as usual. Cant honestly see anything other than a defeat and if they score early it might turn into a heavy defeat, although I dont think that will happen. The welsh monkey descendent will probably come on and tear our lightening fast right back ( :roll: ) a new arsehole too

If we had fans at games these days I would go along with the theory that a bad defeat could spell the end for arteta, but the reality is that he is getting away scott free at the mo cos he isnt getting stick first hand. Even the 2k fans that are allowed into the souless bowl will now be handpicked by the club and easily identified should any criticism be displayed, so none of them will rock the boat. Arteta is here to stay and of that there is no doubt

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Kane or that slag Son will dive and win a pen...in an otherwise tight game...1-0 to scum

Topside Northbank

Post by Topside Northbank »

Hope we can at least nick a draw but like many here not hopeful 1-1 heart, head 2-0 them.

If Partey looks ok in training play him Elneny and Ceballos/AMN in midfield. Under no circumstances Xhaka a player that gets managers the sack if Arteta can't see that now he is just working his way towards a P45 quicker than he imagines.

Gabriel, Partey, Auba is a good spine 4-3-3 from now on the only other player I have time for is Tierney he knows what a derby means to the fans after playing in Glasgow ,Saka should start as well.

Going- Leno, Bellerin, Gabriel, Luiz. Tierney, Partey, Elneny, Ceballos, Saka, Auba, Willian (he will start, been a disaster rather start Nelson)

If Partey is not ft he picks Xhaka bad call would rather AMN or Willock for their shortcomings at least they are mobile, Xhaka has imo actually got worse and even slower this season, awful player.

Topside Northbank

Post by Topside Northbank »

augie wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:15 am
Wengerballs wrote:

No but heart, courage and commitment does - sadly too many of our starting team have none of those qualities :roll: :evil: :censored: :censored:

I'd like to say that we can set ourselves up solid defensively like we did at old shatford when we got the draw, but the reality is that son is better than anything the mancs have, and fat tongue will without doubt score a penalty against us as usual. Cant honestly see anything other than a defeat and if they score early it might turn into a heavy defeat, although I dont think that will happen. The welsh monkey descendent will probably come on and tear our lightening fast right back ( :roll: ) a new arsehole too

If we had fans at games these days I would go along with the theory that a bad defeat could spell the end for arteta, but the reality is that he is getting away scott free at the mo cos he isnt getting stick first hand. Even the 2k fans that are allowed into the souless bowl will now be handpicked by the club and easily identified should any criticism be displayed, so none of them will rock the boat. Arteta is here to stay and of that there is no doubt
Lose and the pressure will be ramped up fans attending or not.

Two home games after Burnley 7-15 slot Sunday again, we have been awful all three home defeats then against a decent Southampton team high energy and Ings coming back another defeat or two we will be a place or two above the drop zone and he will be getting it from all angles.

You can play the football he has done and get away with it if you win but it's a cliche a results business bottom line and we are only getting bad ones at present.

John F

Post by John F »

Topside Northbank wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:40 am
Hope we can at least nick a draw but like many here not hopeful 1-1 heart, head 2-0 them.

If Partey looks ok in training play him Elneny and Ceballos/AMN in midfield. Under no circumstances Xhaka a player that gets managers the sack if Arteta can't see that now he is just working his way towards a P45 quicker than he imagines.

Gabriel, Partey, Auba is a good spine 4-3-3 from now on the only other player I have time for is Tierney he knows what a derby means to the fans after playing in Glasgow ,Saka should start as well.

Going- Leno, Bellerin, Gabriel, Luiz. Tierney, Partey, Elneny, Ceballos, Saka, Auba, Willian (he will start, been a disaster rather start Nelson)

If Partey is not ft he picks Xhaka bad call would rather AMN or Willock for their shortcomings at least they are mobile, Xhaka has imo actually got worse and even slower this season, awful player.
The only plus side in playing Willian is that he may play his 1 good game in 10 tomorrow.The swamp dwellers have been giving him stick every time he plays there because he turned them down for Chelsea which may make him more motivated to beat them.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

augie wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:15 am
Wengerballs wrote:

I think the sole hope that most of us have is that the 'spirit of Old Trafford' is rekindled and we dig out one of those type of highly organised performances that also saw us knock over City and Chavski in the cup last season

Sadly, that side of our game has also disappeared in recent games. I think there was a game last season where Watford managed to have a good few shots against us but it's so rarely mentioned that the stats escape me! Well all I can say from watching the last few games - Wolves, Leeds and Villa in particular, is that they looked like scoring every time they attacked.....so any evidence of this great defensive organisation seems to be disappearing fast. If you watched the Villa game I think its safe to say that a 0-5 or 0-6 defeat wouldn't have flattered them. They had 15 shots, six on target and a goal disallowed on a technicality. Wolves managed 11 shots and could easily have scored four or five. The frame of the goal saved us three times at Leeds - and they had 25 shots.....so any notion that we produced some sort of great defensive display up there is bollocks too.....we were unbelievably lucky even with 11 men and should have lost by 3 goals or more.

That is the type of defensive form we are taking into this game - so its a long path back to the Old Trafford type display. I sincerely hope that it starts tomorrow but I think our defending has been gash for weeks now too. If Son drifts out wide, he'll skin Bellerin time and time again but we've left ourselves without a proper right back for years now, so nothing new there. Maybe the Southampton reject can come in and save the day :banghead:

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

Topside Northbank wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:40 am

Absolutely right about Xhaka and if he plays, which I'm sure he will, then it's 12 versus 10 in their favour.

I'm expecting that Arteta will revert to 3 at the back and go for the City / Chelsea cup games type performance. Unfortunately, as SteveO says above, I think that's beyond us now....the heart and belief has gone from this side and they've looked truly lost in recent weeks.

If we can keep it to 0-0 for the first 30 mins, or ideally the first half, we might nick something, although it'll have to be a 0-0, because we're creating absolutely nothing, so hard to see us scoring. If we concede in the first half hour of the game, then we're fucked and will be well beaten.

Sadly, I'm thinking 3-0.