Cockbadge vadges A Sun 6th Dec KO 430pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
hertsgunner

Re: Cockbadge vadges A Sun 6th Dec KO 430pm

Post by hertsgunner »

If we don’t spank Burnley on Sunday then Arteta has to go. He is so lucky there’s been no fans during the Villa and Wolves matches. Sack him and move on.

CloakedGooner

Post by CloakedGooner »

Nos89 wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 9:59 pm
Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 7:15 pm
Emery was sacked for less.
Emery was sacked for having third place in his grasp, with four games to go, and fucked it up.
Getting smashed to pieces in a European final.
Being mocked by the club's own supporters (and players) for not being able to speak english fluently, and saying " good ebining".
Distancing himself from training the players and ultimately, a run of defeats which meant he lost the dressing room.

Arteta will not get sacked. The players are still playing for the manager. That second half performance was a lot more spirited than I expected.
The ball just did not fall kindly at all for Arsenal throughout the match. We got in some great positions but failed with the final pass. More tellingly, the reluctance of our players to shoot indicates a total lack of confidence. To me, we are having absolutely no luck. No decisions going our way.
However, we need just one ball to fall kindly for us in the box, which will get us scoring again and then I can see us going on a run of games unbeaten, and climb up the table. The components are all there. We barely let spurds out their half in the second half. We shut them down. They had two banks of five defenders 30-40 yards from their goal for most of that second half. Kane was effectively a 6th defender.
I'm annoyed we lost, but something about that second half performance indicates to me we are about to turn the corner.
You are getting filled in by everyone for this apologist drivel and rightly so!

Bob Bayliss

Post by Bob Bayliss »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 8:22 am
Too tired to fuck about with quote trees :lol:

But Nos89 mate forget where Moron-hio is now and watch where he is in May and then watch the absolute mess he leaves behind when he moves on to his next deluded club that thinks he is still a top manager. Like Wenger he is yesterday's man.
Mourinho may be past his best, but he is still much more effective than Wenger in his final decade of decay, or either of the two guys who succeeded him. Put another way: does anyone seriously think Wenger would have taken Tottenham from where they were a year ago to where they are now?

You have a point about him tending to be a bit of a managerial butterfly, but there is a time for appointing for the short-term. I would have settled for three years of him coming in and at the very least dragging us back into the Champions' League, where we would be able to attract an A-list successor.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

hertsgunner wrote:
Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:22 pm
If we don’t spank Burnley on Sunday then Arteta has to go. He is so lucky there’s been no fans during the Villa and Wolves matches. Sack him and move on.
Do we spank anyone? Fulham on the opening day, since when we haven't beaten anyone in the league by more than a single goal. Take out those 3 at Fulham, and its 7 goals in 10 league games since - fuck me that's West Brom's level and relegation form by any stretch.

This bloke has got two forwards that we paid £110m for, a winger that we paid £72m for, a £42m midfielder sat picking his arsehole every weekend, an England winger in Saka........and he can't magic up more than seven goals in ten games. Now, before anyone gets bent out of shape, we know the club overpaid for all of those players bar Auba.,.....but are we really saying there isn't a manager anywhere in the land who could get more than 7 goals from 10 games for that lot when teams like fucking Newcastle with Andy Caroll and Joelinton to choose from have scored more??

Utter fraud of a manager, and being exposed with every week that passes. A scrappy 2-1 against this lot I reckon is the best we can hope for

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

he surely needs to bring Ozil back in and start playing proper football.

That ain't going to happen . 10th December 2019 Ozil openly criticised the Chinese treatment of Uighur Muslims in East Turkistan . 15th December our game against Man City was removed from Chinese TV .
16th december Ozil's name was airbrushed from all social media in China .
19th December threats to Premier League sponsorships being withdrawn the major one being HUAWEI who incidentally sponsor Arsenal .
Arsenal issue statement that they do not support players making political statements . ( Bellerin not included obviously )
There is more to this than football.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

DB10GOONER wrote:

But Nos89 mate forget where Moron-hio is now and watch where he is in May and then watch the absolute mess he leaves behind when he moves on to his next deluded club that thinks he is still a top manager. Like Wenger he is yesterday's man.
DB10 are you quoting wenger "judge me in May"? In which case Arteta should be afforded the same judgement.
I think that the Amazon Prime documentary made Mourinho look at himself when he took over and re-invent himself to get them to where they are now.
Arteta was always going to hit a wall, especially after reaching the high of winning a trophy.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Nos89 wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:16 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:

DB10 are you quoting wenger "judge me in May"? In which case Arteta should be afforded the same judgement.
I think that the Amazon Prime documentary made Mourinho look at himself when he took over and re-invent himself to get them to where they are now.
Arteta was always going to hit a wall, especially after reaching the high of winning a trophy.
Moron-hio hasn't changed. He has always been able to go in and negate the flair teams with park the bus anti-football. He's struck lucky at the scum having DVD and Fat Tongue in good form.

But it is temporary "success".

His problem is whereas that system plus spending hundreds of millions won him trophies in the past it won't now. Too many teams (not us mind) now know how to counter it and Levy will never give him the funds he needs to buy trophies. Like Wenger, yesterday's man, found out years ago.