Dead man walking v Soton H Weds 16th Dec KO 6pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Post Reply
falkirk goon
Posts: 3152
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:33 am
Location: In a darkened room

Dead man walking v Soton H Weds 16th Dec KO 6pm

Post by falkirk goon »

Next up our spineless disorganised rabble take on a team currently flying :rubchin: they've given us a few brownholings in the last few years.I wouldn't be surprised if they dick us up the fartpipe again on weds.

User avatar
Arsenal Till I Die
Posts: 2996
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 6:06 pm
Location: North London

Re: Dead man walking v Soton H Weds 16th Dec KO 6pm

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

We'll get out performed and lose the game.

Like Leicester, like Villa, like Wolves and like Burnley.

User avatar
Perryashburtongroves
Posts: 8099
Joined: Thu May 03, 2007 6:18 pm
Location: At the start of a glorious era.

Re: Dead man walking v Soton H Weds 16th Dec KO 6pm

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Another defeat, another atrocious performance. Probably have five players sent off.

User avatar
TeeCee
Posts: 6598
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:26 pm
Location: SW France

Re: Dead man walking v Soton H Weds 16th Dec KO 6pm

Post by TeeCee »

I hate saying it but hopefully we’ll get tanked by 3 or more. The only way Arteta is going is when his job gets ‘untenable’ ie. we’re in the bottom 3 and have lost another couple of games on the bounce. If we can get rid by the end of December then I do very seriously think we can take the 4th place trophy........... that’s 4th from bottom and safety from relegation!! I never thought I would see Arsenal in the bottom 3 after half a season but Arteta is the man to do it, worst Arsenal ‘manager’ ever!!

User avatar
DB10GOONER
Posts: 49289
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:06 pm
Location: Dublin, Ireland.
Contact:

Re: Dead man walking v Soton H Weds 16th Dec KO 6pm

Post by DB10GOONER »

I hate shameful cùnts on here that want to see us lose. But I really hope we lose.

We need a tonking now while it's early enough to sack Stupid Hair and give the next manager enough time to turn it around.

No point in sacking Barry Gibb-Lite when we are staring down the barrel of relegation. He has to go now and if after yesterday's fucking humiliating debacle the wigged parasitic hermaphrodite won't sack him then maybe a good rough no spittle 5-0 fingering here will do the trick. :roll:

Soton Soton do your job! Soton Soton do your job! :twisted:

User avatar
SteveO 35
Posts: 17771
Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 7:01 pm
Location: Abou's fan club

Re: Dead man walking v Soton H Weds 16th Dec KO 6pm

Post by SteveO 35 »

0-2 coming up

No end in sight for the manager. Board paralysed by fear

Manager will still say how pleasing training has been, how hard everyone has been working etc.

AMN to replace Ballerina for 1 game. Elneny and Ceballos to anchor the midfield for 3 games :D

Balogun and Smith Rowe minutes on the field - zero

Clash
Posts: 2817
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:46 pm

Re: Dead man walking v Soton H Weds 16th Dec KO 6pm

Post by Clash »

Be careful what you wish for lads .... the way all these different agendas are forced down our throat these days we’ll probably get Alex Scott appointed manager and tactically astute Karen Carney as her assistant ... and if we protest we’ll be painted as a bigoted racist sexist dinosaur left over from the dark ages of football.

We all know there’ll be a female manager of a PL club at some point this decade. It’s just a question of which PC obsessed PL club will relish being the first. Don’t rule us out :roll:

:suicide:

User avatar
DB10GOONER
Posts: 49289
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:06 pm
Location: Dublin, Ireland.
Contact:

Re: Dead man walking v Soton H Weds 16th Dec KO 6pm

Post by DB10GOONER »

Clash wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:20 am
Be careful what you wish for lads .... the way all these different agendas are forced down our throat these days we’ll probably get Alex Scott appointed manager and tactically astute Karen Carney as her assistant ... and if we protest we’ll be painted as a bigoted racist sexist dinosaur left over from the dark ages of football.

We all know there’ll be a female manager of a PL club at some point this decade. It’s just a question of which PC obsessed PL club will relish being the first. Don’t rule us out :roll:

:suicide:
That would be the end. And tbh you are probably right there mate. At some point some fucking pc obsessed moron will do it.

Tbh though the game is dying on its arse so maybe putting it out of its misery might not be the worst thing.... :|

Clash
Posts: 2817
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:46 pm

Re: Dead man walking v Soton H Weds 16th Dec KO 6pm

Post by Clash »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:24 am
Clash wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:20 am
Be careful what you wish for lads .... the way all these different agendas are forced down our throat these days we’ll probably get Alex Scott appointed manager and tactically astute Karen Carney as her assistant ... and if we protest we’ll be painted as a bigoted racist sexist dinosaur left over from the dark ages of football.

We all know there’ll be a female manager of a PL club at some point this decade. It’s just a question of which PC obsessed PL club will relish being the first. Don’t rule us out :roll:

:suicide:
That would be the end. And tbh you are probably right there mate. At some point some fucking pc obsessed moron will do it.

Tbh though the game is dying on its arse so maybe putting it out of its misery might not be the worst thing.... :|
Agreed mate, the game our generation love is definitely dying in its arse.

Something crazy will happen this decade. If the women’s game doesn’t take off how they’ve planned it, then it might even be a case of merging the two and having mixed teams :banghead:

Redarmy
Posts: 5644
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:45 pm
Location: Avenell Road

Re: Dead man walking v Soton H Weds 16th Dec KO 6pm

Post by Redarmy »

Quite fitting really the wanker he persisted in playing XAHA is the one who will eventually get him sacked :D :D :D

As said on numerous occasions Arteta is not a manager, too close to players shows poor judgment and poor team selection

Need to get this next appointment right Arsenal...every faith in the board to do that.... :rubchin:
Last edited by Redarmy on Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
augie
Posts: 26682
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:03 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: Dead man walking v Soton H Weds 16th Dec KO 6pm

Post by augie »

People keep talking about how ironic it is that xhaka could be the one to get arteta sacked, when the reality is that there is no suggestion that the fool is anywhere near getting sacked :cry: I would love to believe that he is on his way out, but normally when a manager is about to get canned there are rumours a plenty about it online and in meeja

Gunner Rob
Posts: 6323
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:05 pm

Re: Dead man walking v Soton H Weds 16th Dec KO 6pm

Post by Gunner Rob »

augie wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:51 am
People keep talking about how ironic it is that xhaka could be the one to get arteta sacked, when the reality is that there is no suggestion that the fool is anywhere near getting sacked :cry: I would love to believe that he is on his way out, but normally when a manager is about to get canned there are rumours a plenty about it online and in meeja
well Arteta is now 7/4 favourite amongst premier league managers to be sacked so there will be increasing pressure in the media on him from now on.

I think that if he loses the next 2 (highly probable) then he will go.
if he gets a win or even a draw then he may well be given more time.
the club will be desperate for him to stabilize things in the coming weeks.

Redarmy
Posts: 5644
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:45 pm
Location: Avenell Road

Re: Dead man walking v Soton H Weds 16th Dec KO 6pm

Post by Redarmy »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:59 am
augie wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:51 am
People keep talking about how ironic it is that xhaka could be the one to get arteta sacked, when the reality is that there is no suggestion that the fool is anywhere near getting sacked :cry: I would love to believe that he is on his way out, but normally when a manager is about to get canned there are rumours a plenty about it online and in meeja
well Arteta is now 7/4 favourite amongst premier league managers to be sacked so there will be increasing pressure in the media on him from now on.

I think that if he loses the next 2 (highly probable) then he will go.
if he gets a win or even a draw then he may well be given more time.
the club will be desperate for him to stabilize things in the coming weeks.

Defeat means Arsenal have now lost four straight league games at home for the first time in 61 years.
The Gunners have gone 12 hours and 32 top-flight minutes without finding the net from open play.
With four wins and a draw after 12 games, this is their worst start to a top-flight season since 1974-75, when they had won two and drawn three.
Their tally of 10 goals after 12 Premier League games is their lowest at this stage of a top-flight season since 1981-82, when they had eight.

All good stuff above, but reality if we loose to saints, Everton and City in the cup, then Chavs...no brain lego head is looking for another job
Last edited by Redarmy on Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Retro Gunner
Posts: 1029
Joined: Wed May 18, 2011 3:37 pm
Location: Spitalfields

Re: Dead man walking v Soton H Weds 16th Dec KO 6pm

Post by Retro Gunner »

TeeCee wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:06 am
I hate saying it but hopefully we’ll get tanked by 3 or more. The only way Arteta is going is when his job gets ‘untenable’ ie. we’re in the bottom 3 and have lost another couple of games on the bounce. If we can get rid by the end of December then I do very seriously think we can take the 4th place trophy........... that’s 4th from bottom and safety from relegation!! I never thought I would see Arsenal in the bottom 3 after half a season but Arteta is the man to do it, worst Arsenal ‘manager’ ever!!


:lol: :lol: I thought you'd lost the plot for a second there Tee Cee.

Redarmy
Posts: 5644
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:45 pm
Location: Avenell Road

Re: Dead man walking v Soton H Weds 16th Dec KO 6pm

Post by Redarmy »

Redarmy wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:11 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:59 am
augie wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:51 am
People keep talking about how ironic it is that xhaka could be the one to get arteta sacked, when the reality is that there is no suggestion that the fool is anywhere near getting sacked :cry: I would love to believe that he is on his way out, but normally when a manager is about to get canned there are rumours a plenty about it online and in meeja
well Arteta is now 7/4 favourite amongst premier league managers to be sacked so there will be increasing pressure in the media on him from now on.

I think that if he loses the next 2 (highly probable) then he will go.
if he gets a win or even a draw then he may well be given more time.
the club will be desperate for him to stabilize things in the coming weeks.

Defeat means Arsenal have now lost four straight league games at home for the first time in 61 years.
The Gunners have gone 12 hours and 32 top-flight minutes without finding the net from open play.
With four wins and a draw after 12 games, this is their worst start to a top-flight season since 1974-75, when they had won two and drawn three.
Their tally of 10 goals after 12 Premier League games is their lowest at this stage of a top-flight season since 1981-82, when they had eight.

All good stuff above, but reality if we loose to saints, Everton and City in the cup, no brain lego head is looking for another job
Will we see the return of Wenger in a caretaker capacity :rubchin:

Post Reply