Chavski ringpieces H Boxing day KO 1730

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Post Reply
LeftfootlegendGooner
Posts: 8764
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:07 pm

Re: Chavski ringpieces H Boxing day KO 1730

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

begeegs wrote:
Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:49 pm
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Sat Dec 26, 2020 8:47 pm
Wow, so few posts after beating the chavs, guess its gone against the agenda or its just some hate to be wrong :lol:
It could be that the site is complete shite at the moment. :D
Hmm, seems ok when we lose :lol:

User avatar
Arsenal Till I Die
Posts: 2996
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 6:06 pm
Location: North London

Re: Chavski ringpieces H Boxing day KO 1730

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

First League win since the end of October/November and suddenly its time for "your agenda against Arteta is clear."

LeftfootlegendGooner
Posts: 8764
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:07 pm

Re: Chavski ringpieces H Boxing day KO 1730

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Sat Dec 26, 2020 11:37 pm
First League win since the end of October/November and suddenly its time for "your agenda against Arteta is clear."
You've misread my posts, what I'm trying to articulate is that posters aren't happy we won, nothing to do with the incumbent manager, nothing at all, if you cant celebrate us beating them chav cunnts then feel free to put yourself on the cunnt list in the basement or whatever its called these days :wink:

User avatar
SteveO 35
Posts: 17793
Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 7:01 pm
Location: Abou's fan club

Re: Chavski ringpieces H Boxing day KO 1730

Post by SteveO 35 »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:56 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:00 pm
70 minutes of great stuff - well done the 'super coach'. Not that he'd already admitted before the game that he was forced into picking the youngsters or anything :roll: :roll:

20 minutes of being on the back foot as soon as Smith Rowe and Martinelli disappeared, and thank fuck Leno saved that penalty otherwise it would have been 5 minutes of Mustafi banter at the end

All it proves to me is what we already knew - we have some decent young kids that he doesn't trust anywhere near regularly enough. If he chucked Balogun in there instead of Nketiah he might even get better rewards

Lets see when the likes of Willian is back what happens to the kids. Balogun free to start negotiating with other clubs from 1st Jan

Always nice to beat Fat Frank and those chav c.unts, and would love to believe it was managerial inspiration but he admitted himself beforehand all their prep was up in the air by the three absentees......all of whom would no doubt have played from the start
Tbf mate your looking for excuses because you called it wrong, like moving goalposts,we had one of the best forwards in the world missing plus our best centre half who was replaced by a guy thats hardly played a minute of football for us, so :rubchin:
Think you're confusing me with someone else mate - like someone who can't admit when they were wrong. I got the team selection wrong, performance wrong and the score wrong - there you go, all three. Unlike some round here I can actually admit when my opinion on a match or a player performance was way off the mark

However, if we're going to say that today's selection of the team was through managerial genius rather than enforced changes that's something else - he was actually asked himself before the game what was the reason behind the changes including Smith Rowe playing.....and he said himself that certain players were unwell or unavailable because they had been in contact with people with COVID symptoms.

That's all.

User avatar
wibble
Posts: 940
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:04 pm

Re: Chavski ringpieces H Boxing day KO 1730

Post by wibble »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:44 pm
Bergkamp-esque from Saka! :barscarf:
In that he scored a goal he didn’t mean? :wink:

User avatar
Ray C
Posts: 782
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2014 5:51 am
Location: Northbank - Tas

Re: Chavski ringpieces H Boxing day KO 1730

Post by Ray C »

23 more points & we're safe for another season. Well played chasps !!. :barscarf: :barscarf:

User avatar
goonersid
Posts: 8033
Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:40 am
Location: DERRY CITY

Re: Chavski ringpieces H Boxing day KO 1730

Post by goonersid »

Despite a great result, I feel deflated, I just don't believe it will be the catalyst to kick start our season.
The bad run we've been on has too many factors for one performance to be the turning point.
Artetas decision making, tactics and all round performances from the players are too deep rooted.
Last nite will merely buy him time, when I think he can only have been a few games from the sack.
So having judged him (and rightly so) in the last 10-12 games, we will now most likely have the rest of the season to look again.
Will he change our opinions?
I doubt it, but we can hope.

Redarmy
Posts: 5652
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:45 pm
Location: Avenell Road

Re: Chavski ringpieces H Boxing day KO 1730

Post by Redarmy »

Xaha free kick was excellent no doubt about that....But it may prove costly to us in the long term

As for Arteta his substitutions at the end of the game they very nearly fucked us up.....

Martinelli as everyone knows is destined to be top draw, Saka and Tierney both very good yesterday

Smith Rowe deserves a chance along with AMN, no way we are going down

User avatar
SteveO 35
Posts: 17793
Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 7:01 pm
Location: Abou's fan club

Re: Chavski ringpieces H Boxing day KO 1730

Post by SteveO 35 »

Redarmy wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:05 am
Xaha free kick was excellent no doubt about that....But it may prove costly to us in the long term

As for Arteta his substitutions at the end of the game they very nearly fucked us up.....

Martinelli as everyone knows is destined to be top draw, Saka and Tierney both very good yesterday

Smith Rowe deserves a chance along with AMN, no way we are going down
When I watched it yesterday with Saka, Smith Rowe and Martinelli playing just behind the main striker, I thought to myself how different things could be if we stuck to this formula. Three young lads playing without any fear, lots of quick paced one twos around their box and genuinely the most enjoyable 45 minutes under Arteta. You then look elsewhere in the team and think Partey , Gabriel and Tierney definitely have the quality to play regularly in a decent competitive team, and Auba undoubtedly has the class once his confidence returns to play in front of those three kids and score goals for fun, with Balogun/Lacazette vying to get in the team. Leno is inconsistent but still as good as some of the other keepers playing in sides around the top half (certainly Mendy who was shite yesterday, Pickford and a few others).

So what does that leave us needing? A right back for sure - Bellerin was still absolutely gash. What can this bloke do? He's lost all his pace, can't tackle properly, his passing is woeful and he can't cross.......but amazingly he's still valued at £20m+......get rid.

I'd hoped (and still hoped) that having signed Saliba with all the rave reviews he got before joining that it would be he and Gabriel for years to come as the CB partnership.

We then absolutely need a proper partner for Partey and as that goal from Xhaka went in, I just thought "fuck". If this now convinces Arteta to consistently pick this bloke, it will be to the detriment of the club's long term future. I'd play Ainsley alongside Partey until such point we get the right man

So.......Leno, New Right Back, Gabriel, Saliba, Tierney, Partey, AMN / New CDM, Saka, Smith Rowe, Martinelli, Auba.......where would that lot take us if played regularly? Surely back to the top 8?

User avatar
augie
Posts: 26692
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:03 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: Chavski ringpieces H Boxing day KO 1730

Post by augie »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:43 am
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:56 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:00 pm
70 minutes of great stuff - well done the 'super coach'. Not that he'd already admitted before the game that he was forced into picking the youngsters or anything :roll: :roll:

20 minutes of being on the back foot as soon as Smith Rowe and Martinelli disappeared, and thank fuck Leno saved that penalty otherwise it would have been 5 minutes of Mustafi banter at the end

All it proves to me is what we already knew - we have some decent young kids that he doesn't trust anywhere near regularly enough. If he chucked Balogun in there instead of Nketiah he might even get better rewards

Lets see when the likes of Willian is back what happens to the kids. Balogun free to start negotiating with other clubs from 1st Jan

Always nice to beat Fat Frank and those chav c.unts, and would love to believe it was managerial inspiration but he admitted himself beforehand all their prep was up in the air by the three absentees......all of whom would no doubt have played from the start
Tbf mate your looking for excuses because you called it wrong, like moving goalposts,we had one of the best forwards in the world missing plus our best centre half who was replaced by a guy thats hardly played a minute of football for us, so :rubchin:
Think you're confusing me with someone else mate - like someone who can't admit when they were wrong. I got the team selection wrong, performance wrong and the score wrong - there you go, all three. Unlike some round here I can actually admit when my opinion on a match or a player performance was way off the mark

However, if we're going to say that today's selection of the team was through managerial genius rather than enforced changes that's something else - he was actually asked himself before the game what was the reason behind the changes including Smith Rowe playing.....and he said himself that certain players were unwell or unavailable because they had been in contact with people with COVID symptoms.

That's all.



In so far as you predicted the starting line up without knowing that there was 3 late withdrawals from the squad yes you got it wrong, but as you said already, no way would the same 11 have started if the other 3 were available.

There are times around here when you are wrong no matter what you do - if you dont post after a great win it is because you cant bring yourself to be happy with the win cos it doesnt suit an agenda/narrative, but if you do post you would be jumped on as well :roll: Should I have come on here shouting from the roof tops about how right I was for the last few months to be calling for the likes of smith-rowe to get more game time ? Should I be claiming last night as a vindication of my arguments ? I am probably more entitled to claim credit for last nights starting 11 than pep's cone boy, but that isnt the point. Last night's performance, work-rate and energy was outstanding and was based on the younger players, but let's be clear here ......... last night was just one game and just one win. By their very nature the performances of young players will dip and rise because that is all part of the learning experience, but when they dip it doesnt mean that arteta was right not to use them before now, cos in the same way that one outstanding performance doesnt establish them, nor should one poor performance write them off.

Last night showed that these young players deserve to be given a chance like many of us have called for and taking off 2 of them would have cost us 2 pts had leno not saved the penalty

Redarmy
Posts: 5652
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:45 pm
Location: Avenell Road

Re: Chavski ringpieces H Boxing day KO 1730

Post by Redarmy »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:27 am
Redarmy wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:05 am
Xaha free kick was excellent no doubt about that....But it may prove costly to us in the long term

As for Arteta his substitutions at the end of the game they very nearly fucked us up.....

Martinelli as everyone knows is destined to be top draw, Saka and Tierney both very good yesterday

Smith Rowe deserves a chance along with AMN, no way we are going down
When I watched it yesterday with Saka, Smith Rowe and Martinelli playing just behind the main striker, I thought to myself how different things could be if we stuck to this formula. Three young lads playing without any fear, lots of quick paced one twos around their box and genuinely the most enjoyable 45 minutes under Arteta. You then look elsewhere in the team and think Partey , Gabriel and Tierney definitely have the quality to play regularly in a decent competitive team, and Auba undoubtedly has the class once his confidence returns to play in front of those three kids and score goals for fun, with Balogun/Lacazette vying to get in the team. Leno is inconsistent but still as good as some of the other keepers playing in sides around the top half (certainly Mendy who was shite yesterday, Pickford and a few others).

So what does that leave us needing? A right back for sure - Bellerin was still absolutely gash. What can this bloke do? He's lost all his pace, can't tackle properly, his passing is woeful and he can't cross.......but amazingly he's still valued at £20m+......get rid.

I'd hoped (and still hoped) that having signed Saliba with all the rave reviews he got before joining that it would be he and Gabriel for years to come as the CB partnership.

We then absolutely need a proper partner for Partey and as that goal from Xhaka went in, I just thought "fuck". If this now convinces Arteta to consistently pick this bloke, it will be to the detriment of the club's long term future. I'd play Ainsley alongside Partey until such point we get the right man

So.......Leno, New Right Back, Gabriel, Saliba, Tierney, Partey, AMN / New CDM, Saka, Smith Rowe, Martinelli, Auba.......where would that lot take us if played regularly? Surely back to the top 8?
Agree with all the post above, the enthusiasm and energy on show was refreshing to see.....
Only worry is will Arteta see it that way.....if we go back to Xaha, Elneny, Willian, Pepe and the rest it will be heartbreaking

User avatar
SteveO 35
Posts: 17793
Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 7:01 pm
Location: Abou's fan club

Re: Chavski ringpieces H Boxing day KO 1730

Post by SteveO 35 »

augie wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:37 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:43 am
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:56 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Dec 26, 2020 9:00 pm
70 minutes of great stuff - well done the 'super coach'. Not that he'd already admitted before the game that he was forced into picking the youngsters or anything :roll: :roll:

20 minutes of being on the back foot as soon as Smith Rowe and Martinelli disappeared, and thank fuck Leno saved that penalty otherwise it would have been 5 minutes of Mustafi banter at the end

All it proves to me is what we already knew - we have some decent young kids that he doesn't trust anywhere near regularly enough. If he chucked Balogun in there instead of Nketiah he might even get better rewards

Lets see when the likes of Willian is back what happens to the kids. Balogun free to start negotiating with other clubs from 1st Jan

Always nice to beat Fat Frank and those chav c.unts, and would love to believe it was managerial inspiration but he admitted himself beforehand all their prep was up in the air by the three absentees......all of whom would no doubt have played from the start
Tbf mate your looking for excuses because you called it wrong, like moving goalposts,we had one of the best forwards in the world missing plus our best centre half who was replaced by a guy thats hardly played a minute of football for us, so :rubchin:
Think you're confusing me with someone else mate - like someone who can't admit when they were wrong. I got the team selection wrong, performance wrong and the score wrong - there you go, all three. Unlike some round here I can actually admit when my opinion on a match or a player performance was way off the mark

However, if we're going to say that today's selection of the team was through managerial genius rather than enforced changes that's something else - he was actually asked himself before the game what was the reason behind the changes including Smith Rowe playing.....and he said himself that certain players were unwell or unavailable because they had been in contact with people with COVID symptoms.

That's all.



In so far as you predicted the starting line up without knowing that there was 3 late withdrawals from the squad yes you got it wrong, but as you said already, no way would the same 11 have started if the other 3 were available.

There are times around here when you are wrong no matter what you do - if you dont post after a great win it is because you cant bring yourself to be happy with the win cos it doesnt suit an agenda/narrative, but if you do post you would be jumped on as well :roll: Should I have come on here shouting from the roof tops about how right I was for the last few months to be calling for the likes of smith-rowe to get more game time ? Should I be claiming last night as a vindication of my arguments ? I am probably more entitled to claim credit for last nights starting 11 than pep's cone boy, but that isnt the point. Last night's performance, work-rate and energy was outstanding and was based on the younger players, but let's be clear here ......... last night was just one game and just one win. By their very nature the performances of young players will dip and rise because that is all part of the learning experience, but when they dip it doesnt mean that arteta was right not to use them before now, cos in the same way that one outstanding performance doesnt establish them, nor should one poor performance write them off.

Last night showed that these young players deserve to be given a chance like many of us have called for and taking off 2 of them would have cost us 2 pts had leno not saved the penalty
To be honest I've never had a problem being proven wrong. There will no doubt be a game this season when Bellerin plays well, as did Xhaka last night. We might even see Willian do the odd decent thing, or Kolasinac, Mustafi and the other long list of c.unts we've got in the squad. If it makes people happy when that happens on occasion to remind anyone who dared slag them off for being shite in dozens of games, then so be it

I was delighted with yesterday's performance and result for the record. Sat down with a few beers with the eldest lad and enjoyed the whole thing. There's no "agenda". I've never once cheered against my own team (unlike some on here that have taken great delight in doing so over the years). I would love nothing more than all my derogatory posts about Arteta to be dragged up at the end of the season when he's taken us on a 20 game unbeaten run and won a trophy, and again in years to come when he goes on to do great things. If those euphoric moments allow a few saddos to take delight in quoting posts that months/years old so be it......I'd be too busy celebrating to give a fuck.

Agree with what you've said above - all many of us have craved is to try something different to the same tried and tested selection that has seen us produce our worst start in 45 years. It was entirely owing to player unavailability last night and having read his interview transcript again today, he has admitted as much himself. Sometimes you need to be a lucky general - if it now means he'll wake up to the fact that some of those c.unts like Willian who have been dog shit throughout the season, have a long spell on the sidelines so be it. I doubt it, but its something we should all be happy about if that happens

User avatar
GoonerMuzz
Posts: 4457
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:53 pm
Location: Defending is optional

Re: Chavski ringpieces H Boxing day KO 1730

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Augie makes a good point about the youngsters having highs and lows, it will always happen with youngsters. The problem is that the options any manager would have in giving them a needed break aren't there. Ceballos, Ozil, Elneny, Xhaka, Pepe and Willian just do not inspire any confidence. Right now the youngsters need to play but they will need breaks along the way but would any of us have serious confidence in dropping even one of them and replacing with any of those mentioned...... me neither.

Last night was a good performance, even if they were enforced changes on the Manager, it doesn't take away from the performance of most of the starting 11 even if it was slightly shaky at times. Yes there were misplaced passes and a few irresponsible tackles but all in all compared to what we have seen recently it was better (I know that isnt hard). The problem came when we made substitutions as I said during the match when Pepe and Willock came on they offered nothing in either attack or defence and that shows the limitations we have quite starkly.

It will be interesting to see if Arteta has the balls to stick with the youngsters for the next match, as with most I have my doubts on that.

One more thing I was impressed with was the attitude especially in the first half and it begs the question as has been pointed out by some, is the bad attitude coming from the older more senior players and if so Arteta needs to take a stand on it otherwise he is exactly what many of us suspect he is :rubchin:

User avatar
augie
Posts: 26692
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:03 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: Chavski ringpieces H Boxing day KO 1730

Post by augie »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:19 pm
Augie makes a good point about the youngsters having highs and lows, it will always happen with youngsters. The problem is that the options any manager would have in giving them a needed break aren't there. Ceballos, Ozil, Elneny, Xhaka, Pepe and Willian just do not inspire any confidence. Right now the youngsters need to play but they will need breaks along the way but would any of us have serious confidence in dropping even one of them and replacing with any of those mentioned...... me neither.

Last night was a good performance, even if they were enforced changes on the Manager, it doesn't take away from the performance of most of the starting 11 even if it was slightly shaky at times. Yes there were misplaced passes and a few irresponsible tackles but all in all compared to what we have seen recently it was better (I know that isnt hard). The problem came when we made substitutions as I said during the match when Pepe and Willock came on they offered nothing in either attack or defence and that shows the limitations we have quite starkly.

It will be interesting to see if Arteta has the balls to stick with the youngsters for the next match, as with most I have my doubts on that.

One more thing I was impressed with was the attitude especially in the first half and it begs the question as has been pointed out by some, is the bad attitude coming from the older more senior players and if so Arteta needs to take a stand on it otherwise he is exactly what many of us suspect he is :rubchin:



First point I think that he wont change the team for tuesday night cos he knows there would be an absolute shitstorm if he changed it and it qwent wrong - he isnt that stupid i THINK

Secondly, the bad attitude amongst senior players has been spoken about on here for a long time - no doubt they cost emery his job, and without doubt they will cost arteta his job if he continues to pledge his loyalty to them

User avatar
OneBardGooner
Posts: 29746
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:41 am
Location: Dark Side Of The Mood

Re: Chavski ringpieces H Boxing day KO 1730

Post by OneBardGooner »

wibble wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:41 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:44 pm
Bergkamp-esque from Saka! :barscarf:
In that he scored a goal he didn’t mean? :wink:

But he DID mean it, if you watch him as he approaches down the left flank, he looks over at the goalie 2 steps then chip!

Also; when interviewed after the match he said Yes, he did mean it .. and he seems like the kind of young lad who wouldn't bullshit about such a thing or attempt to gain popularity by lying ... from the interviews I've seen of him he has always come across as being down-to-earth & humble ... something of a rarity in the heady & financially driven world of young footballers these days...

I believe him and Yup! very Bergkamp(esque).

Saka
Martinelli
Tierney
Smith-Rowe

are all looking like they could be part of a bright Arsenal future.

Post Reply