Brighton bawbags A Tues 29th Dec KO 6pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Midz

Re: Brighton bawbags A Tues 29th Dec KO 6pm

Post by Midz »

If he does play the same team then I hope he doesn't make substitutions too early (or at all) because they offer nothing in attack or defence.

Midz

Post by Midz »

augie wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:57 pm
If I was allowed one change to starting team it would be gabriel for mari, but even that shouldnt happen.
It won't happen because he's just tested positive for covid-19...ffs!!!

augie

Post by augie »

Midz wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:08 pm
augie wrote:
If I was allowed one change to starting team it would be gabriel for mari, but even that shouldnt happen.

Since saturday ?? On saturday he couldnt play cos he was a close contact of a positive case :?

Midz

Post by Midz »

Oh really? I thought he couldn't play because of the red card. Oh well, it doesn't look like he'll be available for a couple weeks now which is a shame.

wibble

Post by wibble »

augie wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:38 pm
Midz wrote:
augie wrote:

Since saturday ?? On saturday he couldnt play cos he was a close contact of a positive case :?
Not sure when but he has tested positive and will miss at least our next two games according to official site

augie

Post by augie »

wibble wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:57 am
augie wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:38 pm
Midz wrote:
augie wrote:

Not sure when but he has tested positive and will miss at least our next two games according to official site

Seen that story last night after midz brought it to my attention - media reckon that he is to miss just 2 more games (tonight and the baggies), but that isnt a 14 day isolation so how can he be let back then ? :?

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

One point would be OK. I don't think we are the favorites for this game & we shouldn't be. Just play the kids again & hope for the best. :barscarf: :barscarf:

augie

Post by augie »

Ray C wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:11 am
One point would be OK. I don't think we are the favorites for this game & we shouldn't be. Just play the kids again & hope for the best. :barscarf: :barscarf:

ON PAPER we are miles better than brighton and no way should we settle for anything less than a win. They havent won in 6 games and have only actually won one of their last 14 games. If they play to their potential and we play to our potential we should win by 2 or 3 goals no problem, but thing is games are not played on paper and we rarely play to our potential. The performance and (to a lesser degree) result tonight will go a long way to determining if the win against the chavs was a turning point or just another cup like one off performance that arteta lived on last season. A strong high energy attacking performance tonight would be another confidence booster even if it only led to a 1-0 victory, cos imo playing well not the result will determine how much confidence we can feel right now. Let's go at them 100 miles an hour right from the off and show no fear of a team that will be fighting relegation come the seasons end - start tentative and cautious or with a different starting team, and it will be like the chav game never happened

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

augie wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:49 am
Ray C wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:11 am

ON PAPER we are miles better than brighton and no way should we settle for anything less than a win. They havent won in 6 games and have only actually won one of their last 14 games. If they play to their potential and we play to our potential we should win by 2 or 3 goals no problem, but thing is games are not played on paper and we rarely play to our potential. The performance and (to a lesser degree) result tonight will go a long way to determining if the win against the chavs was a turning point or just another cup like one off performance that arteta lived on last season. A strong high energy attacking performance tonight would be another confidence booster even if it only led to a 1-0 victory, cos imo playing well not the result will determine how much confidence we can feel right now. Let's go at them 100 miles an hour right from the off and show no fear of a team that will be fighting relegation come the seasons end - start tentative and cautious or with a different starting team, and it will be like the chav game never happened
Agree with above, lets get at them from the start, none of this slow sideways passing shit.....whatever happens we need Martinelli...he sets the tone for enthusiam and high energy, fucking love his attitude.......Partey would also be a definite if fit
We can and should win this game....selection permitting i think we will....3-1 to the Arsenal

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Wow, the forum is back working?! :shock: I’d given up trying to log on!

Really hope we can build some momentum here. Martinelli, Smith Rowe, Saka were excellent against Chelsea and must start tonight if they’re fit.

Xhaka was excellent too and I really hope he can repeat that performance tonight!

As for Arteta... I really can’t get on board with the abuse towards him on here. Cone Man is fair game (even if I think it’s disrespectful) but the usual suspects calling him a c*nt and a fucking prick is language that should be reserved for those associated with the scum (and possibly murderers & rapists) but Arteta, really? A young Arsenal manager in the first year of his career, doing his best to bring us success? Nah, get a grip lads! :oops: :lol:

anyway, I have my reservations about Arteta but I wouldn’t sack him. I hope the club hold their nerve and give Arteta the opportunity to turn this around before making a decision over his future towards the end of the season.

Hope we win but I won’t be posting abuse if we lose :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

In the pre-match interview he seemed to be 'suggesting' he would stay with the same line-up he played against the Chav Ring Pieces. (Copyright Falkirk Gooner)

Hope he sticks with the youngsters if they have recovered in time.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

g88ner wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:59 pm
Wow, the forum is back working?! :shock: I’d given up trying to log on!

Really hope we can build some momentum here. Martinelli, Smith Rowe, Saka were excellent against Chelsea and must start tonight if they’re fit.

Xhaka was excellent too and I really hope he can repeat that performance tonight!

As for Arteta... I really can’t get on board with the abuse towards him on here. Cone Man is fair game (even if I think it’s disrespectful) but the usual suspects calling him a c*nt and a fucking prick is language that should be reserved for those associated with the scum (and possibly murderers & rapists) but Arteta, really? A young Arsenal manager in the first year of his career, doing his best to bring us success? Nah, get a grip lads! :oops: :lol:

anyway, I have my reservations about Arteta but I wouldn’t sack him. I hope the club hold their nerve and give Arteta the opportunity to turn this around before making a decision over his future towards the end of the season.

Hope we win but I won’t be posting abuse if we lose :barscarf:
I hope so too, BUT it is something that he does - ie: Turns up with a very good performance about 1 game in 30 :?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I saaaay old Chapppsss The Viewing figures for this thread are rather low...

Would this help?

COYG :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Same team as chelsea game exception Auba in for Lacazette

xgtdec

Post by xgtdec »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:01 pm
Same team as chelsea game exception Auba in for Lacazette
Hopefully Auba see's a difference in the speed the balls come to him from the middle, I can only hope we've given up on this cross it in to him lark!