Brighton bawbags A Tues 29th Dec KO 6pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
g88ner

Re: Brighton bawbags A Tues 29th Dec KO 6pm

Post by g88ner »

This game is made for Ozil. No tackling, lots of space... he loves these games.

We just look like a team lacking creativity down the middle. Nothing new and can only be solved via the transfer window (or a massive rethink re: Ozil :lol: )

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Yeah....... very cautious and cagey but still give the ball away too many times

TBH Brighton have looked more dangerous

Arteta needs to wake this lot out of there malaise.....

augie

Post by augie »

Not a good first half performance at all - in my opinion that is because auba cannot play the number 9 link up role like laca can. We have no focal point on which to base our attacks. Auba's brilliance is based around his individualism, but our young attacking trio need a player to feed off.
If arteta has balls here he brings in laca for auba. What I am expecting to see is laca for smith-rowe :roll:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

g88ner wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:51 pm
This game is made for Ozil. No tackling, lots of space... he loves these games.

We just look like a team lacking creativity down the middle. Nothing new and can only be solved via the transfer window (or a massive rethink re: Ozil :lol: )
Ozil on a bad day is better than anyone out there tonight. But this team is not equipped to host an Ozil. To have an Ozil in there you have to have a really strong powerful DM and a striker with the guile to get in behind onto those passes Ozil could create.

His time has gone really. We need to buy in a creator until we see if Smith-Rowe will develop and tbh I have major doubts about Smith-Rowe.....

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

rodders999 wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:45 pm
Sideways sideways backwards sideways and all at a fucking snails pace :banghead:
It’s absolute dogshit - only Tierney has actually taken on his player and put in a decent cross.

No intensity at all, so fucking boring :banghead:

We are lucky to be at 0-0

Why are we not having a right go at them ?
Last edited by StuartL on Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:54 pm
Not a good first half performance at all - in my opinion that is because auba cannot play the number 9 link up role like laca can. We have no focal point on which to base our attacks. Auba's brilliance is based around his individualism, but our young attacking trio need a player to feed off.
If arteta has balls here he brings in laca for auba. What I am expecting to see is laca for smith-rowe :roll:
You know for all the calls for Boomerang to play through the middle I think he is more effective and lethal out wide..... :shock:

Midz

Post by Midz »

augie wrote:
I think you're right what you say about Auba. He's not good with the link up role whereas Laca does it better but Laca's a donkey in front of goal so there's a compromise either way.
Let's hope Arteta injects some enthusiasm into them for the second half.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Bellerin receives the ball in the right back position, rushes to the half way line, stops, turns, and passes it backwards every fucking time :suicide:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

augie wrote:
Thats his option, i would also bring on AMN for Bellerin who offers nothing, not even his pace

begeegs

Post by begeegs »

augie wrote:
That is 100% what will happen.

That was a very shit half. It looks like the ponderous crap that we have all grown to love from Arteta-ball.

While we are crap - please spare a thought for Fat Sam: 4-0 at half-time. :D

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

augie wrote:
Auba has been woeful and I agree that should be the change he makes.

The other thing to say is that it is an absolute dream for a team like Brighton to see Elneny and Xhaka slow every single attack to a snail's pace, take two extra touches, turn backwards and allow all 10 players to get back into their starting position. How Partey and a new creative attacking midfielder are missed in games like this

Suffice to say Bellerin has been absolutely ***** again but he is allowed to do it every week without consequence so nothing new or surprising there

augie

Post by augie »

I hate the sidewards and backwards passing as much as the next man, and the slow tempo does my fcuking head in, but to play it forward quicker we need a striker to hit early - it isnt just about slating our midfield or defence for our slow play

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:58 pm
augie wrote:
You know for all the calls for Boomerang to play through the middle I think he is more effective and lethal out wide..... :shock:
#Metoo :shock: :lol:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

We will likely see Wellbeck and possibly Maupay around 70 mins......

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Tue Dec 29, 2020 6:58 pm
Bellerin receives the ball in the right back position, rushes to the half way line, stops, turns, and passes it backwards every fucking time for 4 years now... :suicide:
Fixed that for ya, poppah. :wink: