(Baw)baggies A Sat 2nd Jan 2021

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
mcdowell42

Re: (Baw)baggies A Sat 2nd Jan 2021

Post by mcdowell42 »

Reckon this game might be called off, snowing very heavily.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Martinelli on the fucking bench.......Ceballos starts

Coincidence coming in the week that Real Madrid are threatening to recall him????

FFS - useless fucking c.unt.

Prepare for 45 minutes of slow and slower in midfield. The Ballerina starts again of course. FFS

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Smith Rowe starts, Martinelli on the bench. Ceballos in for Elneny.

Arsenal XI: Leno, Bellerin, Holding, Mari, Tierney, Ceballos, Xhaka, Saka, Smith-Rowe, Lacazette, Aubameyang.

Subs: Runarsson, Willian, Maitland-Niles, Pepe, Luiz, Elneny, Willock, Nketiah, Martinelli.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:02 pm

Coincidence coming in the week that Real Madrid are threatening to recall him????

Prepare for 45 minutes of slow and slower in midfield. The Ballerina starts again of course. FFS
Yes seen that...those useless fuckers Luiz, Wilian and Pepe all creeping nearer the first team as subs

Martinelli should be a definite starter

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

SteveO 35 wrote:

Martinelli has been out for 8 or 9 months. It really isn’t a surprise that he’s not instantly playing every single game mate.

Also, the alternative to Ceballos is Elneny, so I don’t really get the anger. Both are slow and ponderous.

I’d have preferred Martinelli started of course but calling Arteta a fucking *word censored* for making 2 fairly obvious changes seems way OTT :?

Perhaps focus on the positive for a change. Smith Rowe starting is pleasing to see! 8)

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

g88ner wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:07 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:

Martinelli has been out for 8 or 9 months. It really isn’t a surprise that he’s not instantly playing every single game mate.

Also, the alternative to Ceballos is Elneny, so I don’t really get the anger. Both are slow and ponderous.

I’d have preferred Martinelli started of course but calling Arteta a fucking *word censored* for making 2 fairly obvious changes seems way OTT :?

Perhaps focus on the positive for a change. Smith Rowe starting is pleasing to see! 8)
I was referring to Ceballos as the useless c.unt for the record - a man who creates nothing, never scores, plays in slippers and falls over giving away gormless free kicks.

Yes its nice to see Smith Rowe out there but I'm afraid Ceballos is in that same category for me as Xhaka, Elneny, Mustafi and Bellerin. Every appearance is a wasted one

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Martinelli has been out over a year with a serious injury, has started in our last 3 games, at some stage he was going to be rested, particularly in a game against fat Sam and his bunch of cloghoppers add in the weather conditions.

Ceballos for Elneny, rather see AMN but ffs I'd put me in instead of Elneny, he's being woeful in last couple of games

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:10 pm
g88ner wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

I was referring to Ceballos as the useless c.unt for the record - a man who creates nothing, never scores, plays in slippers and falls over giving away gormless free kicks.

Yes its nice to see Smith Rowe out there but I'm afraid Ceballos is in that same category for me as Xhaka, Elneny, Mustafi and Bellerin. Every appearance is a wasted one
Ah fair enough, sorry I misunderstood :D

With Partey injured, I can’t say I’m all that bothered which duo he picks out of Xhaka, Elneny & Ceballos. All slow, ponderous and basically shite. :oops: :lol:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:11 pm
Martinelli has been out over a year with a serious injury, has started in our last 3 games, at some stage he was going to be rested, particularly in a game against fat Sam and his bunch of cloghoppers add in the weather conditions.

Ceballos for Elneny, rather see AMN but ffs I'd put me in instead of Elneny, he's being woeful in last couple of games
Exactly - why not AMN instead of Ceballos. Keeping Madrid happy no doubt......well fuck them, he's shite - you can have him back! I suppose promoting Azeez is out of the question too??

Mari was out for long as Martinelli but it seems ok to play him every week now

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

g88ner wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:15 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
g88ner wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

With Partey injured, I can’t say I’m all that bothered which duo he picks out of Xhaka, Elneny & Ceballos. All slow, ponderous and basically shite. :oops: :lol:
AMN or Azeez?

Why bother with all 3 of those useless tools - shameful waste of youth talent IMO

No room for Balogun on the bench either?

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:16 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:11 pm

Exactly - why not AMN instead of Ceballos. Keeping Madrid happy no doubt......well fuck them, he's shite - you can have him back! I suppose promoting Azeez is out of the question too??

Mari was out for long as Martinelli but it seems ok to play him every week now
Yes not many options in midfield, but AMN could hardly do any worse, at least he is mobile

Sure we will see Martinelli on as a sub anyway....

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Sick of hearing about our limited options - they're only limited because we've chosen not to have Ozil and Saliba in the squad, send out midfielders on loan, refuse to pick Azeez and Balogun etc

Whoever left us with those limited options needs fucking shooting. If anyone is going to tell me that AMN, Ozil or Azeez wouldn't be an upgrade on fucking Ceballos and Elneny (not to mention the mong) they need their fucking heads tested and yet all three of those cocks are in the match squad

Terrible squad management

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Players on pitch warming up, Tierney in a t shirt, socks rolled down

Legend :lol:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

See hes gone for Mari and Holding for this one, giving a bit of height and physicality to the back line.....

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:18 pm
g88ner wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:15 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
g88ner wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

AMN or Azeez?

Why bother with all 3 of those useless tools - shameful waste of youth talent IMO

No room for Balogun on the bench either?
Sorry mate but not even your beloved Emery played AMN central midfield :D

I agree though, I’m all for trying him there as Elneny and Ceballos have no future here (hopefully). Sadly xhaka is going nowhere!

Azeez looked class in the 1 game I’ve seen him play.

As for Balagun, yeah that’s a bloody shame as he looks good :( although if it’s true he’s leaving in the summer on a free then I wouldn’t bother playing him tbh. It’ll only benefit Liverpool.

Surprised he’s not played more over the last 12 months though to convince him to stay. Nketiah will never be good enough.