(Baw)baggies A Sat 2nd Jan 2021

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
TeeCee

Re: (Baw)baggies A Sat 2nd Jan 2021

Post by TeeCee »

I enjoyed that.......and it seems a LONG time since I felt that watching the Arsenal! :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Leeds beat them 5-0

Arteta out

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Tierney, Saka, Smith Rowe, Lacazette and Mari outstanding tonight

Great performance

Just proves to me that trusting youth and playing in form players rather than rigidly sticking to "senior professionals" would have seen us higher than where we are in the table

I hope he has learned some valuable, if painful, lessons over this past few weeks

When you win 4-0 everyone looks good but let's be honest if Bellerin, the Swiss Turd, Ceballos and Elneny never kick a ball for us again would anyone care? Once Partey returns, there's no reason why AMN can't come into the side and Azeez too

There's still enough around them to ensure they aren't thrown to the wolves

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

As I’m old school Arsenal the most pleasing thing for me is.................

Back to back clean sheets baby :barscarf:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:21 pm
Lovely build up, Buyako Saka is such a good clever player. Absolutely everything we need in an Arsenal man.
His little step over, before running inside is pure Rocky with the no 7 on his back too.

We look so much better balanced with him wide right giving us both flanks to use as opposed to just the left.

He had a great game, as did Tierney and ESR and the defence as a unit played well in tricky conditions. Mari was great in the air.

:barscarf:

Downside Auba looked poor, unfit and disinterested and Willian came on to little affect even against tired legs.

3 wins on the spin, confidence back, players returning to strengthen the team - Gabriel and Partey, Martinelli fresh for next week.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:58 pm
As I’m old school Arsenal the most pleasing thing for me is.................

Back to back clean sheets baby :barscarf:

YUP! Pure ***** Material right there! :-P

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Lovely to poke these arseholes up the fartbox :barscarf: Lovely :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Arteta needs to ditch:

Xhaka the backwards passing clubfoot

Willian the Walking Wheelchair

Willock - Just not good enough.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:48 pm
They've left a word out of that Big Banner on the WBA Stand The Lord is My Shepherds "Pie" - for the walrus CUNNT

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:57 pm

Great performance

Just proves to me that trusting youth and playing in form players rather than rigidly sticking to "senior professionals" would have seen us higher than where we are in the table

I hope he has learned some valuable, if painful, lessons over this past few weeks

When you win 4-0 everyone looks good but let's be honest if Bellerin, the Swiss Turd, Ceballos and Elneny never kick a ball for us again would anyone care? Once Partey returns, there's no reason why AMN can't come into the side and Azeez too

AMN is shit mate, watch his performance today, gave the ball away more than anyone and fucked up putting auba in with a lazy three yard under hit pass.

He was like that nearly every game he played at right back bar a couple of decent performances when he seemed to give a fuck.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:05 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:

Great performance

AMN is shit mate, watch his performance today, gave the ball away more than anyone and fucked up putting auba in with a lazy three yard under hit pass.

He was like that nearly every game he played at right back bar a couple of decent performances when he see.ed to give a fuck.
We need a right back for sure - he isn't the answer there, but neither is Bellerin. Still think AMN in midfield with a proper full back behind him can still be a decent player.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:05 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:

Great performance

He was like that nearly every game he played at right back bar a couple of decent performances when he seemed to give a fuck.
Sorry Lefty but Willian and Xhaka gave the ball away more Than AMN, he also did sort out the defence a few times... - I think AMN could be a decent player (squad) but needs th=e right players around him....not the likes of the walking wheelchair and clubfoot. :?

augie

Post by augie »

We are such a different team since the younger players have been drafted in - it isnt just about their ability and talent, but is also about the energy and hunger they are bringing to a team that was just strolling through life

I have always believed that every manager needs luck and maybe arteta got us when he was backed into picking the younger players rather than doing so by choice - right now I dont really care cos as long as he sticks with this winning formula and younger players, then he will start to gain the trust of supporters like me. However when he brings on the likes of willian ahead of martinelli (and even pepe is a better option), then it worries me that he is still stuck in the mindset that dragged us down to 15th in the first place. Getting Aouar alongside partey and smith-rowe in front of them would be a great platform to build on, and a good right back would have us amongst the best starting 11's in the league.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

StuartL wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:59 pm
Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:21 pm
Lovely build up, Buyako Saka is such a good clever player. Absolutely everything we need in an Arsenal man.
His little step over, before running inside is pure Rocky with the no 7 on his back too.

We look so much better balanced with him wide right giving us both flanks to use as opposed to just the left.

He had a great game, as did Tierney and ESR and the defence as a unit played well in tricky conditions. Mari was great in the air.

:barscarf:

Downside Auba looked poor, unfit and disinterested and Willian came on to little affect even against tired legs.

3 wins on the spin, confidence back, players returning to strengthen the team - Gabriel and Partey, Martinelli fresh for next week.
There is something about him that takes me back to Rocky too. Something about the way he plays with a smile, looks for the ball, makes the run and knows exactly what he needs to do with it. Gets stuck in too and isn't afraid to stand up when it gets a bit physical. He seems a down to earth boy too; gentle, honest and enjoying playing football. It's about time we had a young black London boy playing that him again.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »