(Baw)baggies A Sat 2nd Jan 2021

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Post Reply
User avatar
DB10GOONER
Posts: 49291
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:06 pm
Location: Dublin, Ireland.
Contact:

Re: (Baw)baggies A Sat 2nd Jan 2021

Post by DB10GOONER »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:05 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:57 pm
Tierney, Saka, Smith Rowe, Lacazette and Mari outstanding tonight

Great performance

Just proves to me that trusting youth and playing in form players rather than rigidly sticking to "senior professionals" would have seen us higher than where we are in the table

I hope he has learned some valuable, if painful, lessons over this past few weeks

When you win 4-0 everyone looks good but let's be honest if Bellerin, the Swiss Turd, Ceballos and Elneny never kick a ball for us again would anyone care? Once Partey returns, there's no reason why AMN can't come into the side and Azeez too

There's still enough around them to ensure they aren't thrown to the wolves
AMN is shit mate, watch his performance today, gave the ball away more than anyone and fucked up putting auba in with a lazy three yard under hit pass.

He was like that nearly every game he played at right back bar a couple of decent performances when he seemed to give a fuck.
Agreed 100% Lefty. The guy is rubbish. As much as we'd all love to see more young Arsenal talent come through let's not kid ourselves about the bad ones. Pillock and Maitland-Bendtner are terrible. They've both had lots of game time and have not shown any reason to believe they'll make it at this level.

Jesus, if one of them gets 1 pass out of 20 right we get "potential" or "he had a great game" thrown out there.

Palace. Two years. Mark my words.

User avatar
DB10GOONER
Posts: 49291
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:06 pm
Location: Dublin, Ireland.
Contact:

Re: (Baw)baggies A Sat 2nd Jan 2021

Post by DB10GOONER »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:58 pm
3-0 to the Arsenal. :shock:
Had a fiver on it too.

Fucking Lacazette cùnt. :lol: :wink:

User avatar
mcdowell42
Posts: 13597
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:19 pm
Location: ireland

Re: (Baw)baggies A Sat 2nd Jan 2021

Post by mcdowell42 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:41 am
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:05 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:57 pm
Tierney, Saka, Smith Rowe, Lacazette and Mari outstanding tonight

Great performance

Just proves to me that trusting youth and playing in form players rather than rigidly sticking to "senior professionals" would have seen us higher than where we are in the table

I hope he has learned some valuable, if painful, lessons over this past few weeks

When you win 4-0 everyone looks good but let's be honest if Bellerin, the Swiss Turd, Ceballos and Elneny never kick a ball for us again would anyone care? Once Partey returns, there's no reason why AMN can't come into the side and Azeez too

There's still enough around them to ensure they aren't thrown to the wolves
AMN is shit mate, watch his performance today, gave the ball away more than anyone and fucked up putting auba in with a lazy three yard under hit pass.

He was like that nearly every game he played at right back bar a couple of decent performances when he seemed to give a fuck.
Agreed 100% Lefty. The guy is rubbish. As much as we'd all love to see more young Arsenal talent come through let's not kid ourselves about the bad ones. Pillock and Maitland-Bendtner are terrible. They've both had lots of game time and have not shown any reason to believe they'll make it at this level.

Jesus, if one of them gets 1 pass out of 20 right we get "potential" or "he had a great game" thrown out there.

Palace. Two years. Mark my words.

Did you not say that 3 yrs ago though :lol:

User avatar
Nos89
Posts: 3662
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:44 am

Re: (Baw)baggies A Sat 2nd Jan 2021

Post by Nos89 »

Brilliant performance in difficult conditions.
The movement and forward passing makes such a difference barely noticed xhaka was on the pitch.

Beating the baggies was so important as losing would have indicated the weaknesses we have had were deeper than we thought. We've pulled away from the relegation area and now 3 points from 6th.

Nice to see the gd column in the positive for the first time in ages.

Only concern was Auba's attitude towards the end of the game. He had a bad game, despite having 3 great chances to get on the score sheet. In the last 10-15 mins he appeared not to give a shit was wasteful with passes, wasn't challenging and having a go at players because he didn't receive the ball exactly to his feet. He may have the captain armband but he should have been hooked. After the last miss from the willian cross, it appeared he looked towards the manager to be taken off as he knew he was having a shit day. We'll see how that develops.

The rest of the team was superb. My favourite moment was when Rob Holding didn't put in a tackle on the west brom forward in the box, and the west brom player was expecting it and was already going down. That was an Adamesque type moment. Holding is becoming a very decent CB.

John F
Posts: 473
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:41 pm

Re: (Baw)baggies A Sat 2nd Jan 2021

Post by John F »

I am surprised that DB thinks Maitland Niles is good enough to end up at the Palace maybe to pick up an MBE or something.He just isn't that good😊.I have to admit that Laccazette is proving me wrong ,I was all for selling him and have called him lacofthreat so many times that my spellchecker automatically puts it in for me.He has been very good and his work in trying to win the ball back has also been good.

User avatar
IW8Goalmachine
Posts: 2873
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:15 am
Location: Galway

Re: (Baw)baggies A Sat 2nd Jan 2021

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Very glad that at least one of our forwards is coming into form

John F
Posts: 473
Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:41 pm

Re: (Baw)baggies A Sat 2nd Jan 2021

Post by John F »

Nos89 wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:37 am
Brilliant performance in difficult conditions.
The movement and forward passing makes such a difference barely noticed xhaka was on the pitch.

Beating the baggies was so important as losing would have indicated the weaknesses we have had were deeper than we thought. We've pulled away from the relegation area and now 3 points from 6th.

Nice to see the gd column in the positive for the first time in ages.

Only concern was Auba's attitude towards the end of the game. He had a bad game, despite having 3 great chances to get on the score sheet. In the last 10-15 mins he appeared not to give a shit was wasteful with passes, wasn't challenging and having a go at players because he didn't receive the ball exactly to his feet. He may have the captain armband but he should have been hooked. After the last miss from the willian cross, it appeared he looked towards the manager to be taken off as he knew he was having a shit day. We'll see how that develops.

The rest of the team was superb. My favourite moment was when Rob Holding didn't put in a tackle on the west brom forward in the box, and the west brom player was expecting it and was already going down. That was an Adamesque type moment. Holding is becoming a very decent CB.
I thought there was an improvement in Aubas game from his previous dire performances this season and he did link up better with Tierney.There was an incident near the end that I noticed when he had a go at Tierney for a pass that was slightly behind him then as you say he appeared to let his frustration get the better of him for the rest of the game.He reminded me of Henry in his final sulkaway season.

User avatar
SteveO 35
Posts: 17772
Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 7:01 pm
Location: Abou's fan club

Re: (Baw)baggies A Sat 2nd Jan 2021

Post by SteveO 35 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:41 am
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:05 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:57 pm
Tierney, Saka, Smith Rowe, Lacazette and Mari outstanding tonight

Great performance

Just proves to me that trusting youth and playing in form players rather than rigidly sticking to "senior professionals" would have seen us higher than where we are in the table

I hope he has learned some valuable, if painful, lessons over this past few weeks

When you win 4-0 everyone looks good but let's be honest if Bellerin, the Swiss Turd, Ceballos and Elneny never kick a ball for us again would anyone care? Once Partey returns, there's no reason why AMN can't come into the side and Azeez too

There's still enough around them to ensure they aren't thrown to the wolves
AMN is shit mate, watch his performance today, gave the ball away more than anyone and fucked up putting auba in with a lazy three yard under hit pass.

He was like that nearly every game he played at right back bar a couple of decent performances when he seemed to give a fuck.
Agreed 100% Lefty. The guy is rubbish. As much as we'd all love to see more young Arsenal talent come through let's not kid ourselves about the bad ones. Pillock and Maitland-Bendtner are terrible. They've both had lots of game time and have not shown any reason to believe they'll make it at this level.

Jesus, if one of them gets 1 pass out of 20 right we get "potential" or "he had a great game" thrown out there.

Palace. Two years. Mark my words.
If we're talking about levels that our current players will end up at and AMN is Palace level, then fuck knows where Ballerina should be playing. Honestly, i can't believe anyone of sane mind would rather have the king of the foul throw in the starting line up. Can't tackle, sure as hell can't cross a ball, lost all his pace and gets turned with ease, an absolute liability every time there's an attack down that side of the field. Maitland Niles sure as hell ain't perfect, and not a natural RB, but he's still got to have 100+ more shit games to reach Ballerina's level of shiteness.

Redarmy
Posts: 5644
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:45 pm
Location: Avenell Road

Re: (Baw)baggies A Sat 2nd Jan 2021

Post by Redarmy »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:43 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:41 am
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:05 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:57 pm
Tierney, Saka, Smith Rowe, Lacazette and Mari outstanding tonight

Great performance

Just proves to me that trusting youth and playing in form players rather than rigidly sticking to "senior professionals" would have seen us higher than where we are in the table

I hope he has learned some valuable, if painful, lessons over this past few weeks

When you win 4-0 everyone looks good but let's be honest if Bellerin, the Swiss Turd, Ceballos and Elneny never kick a ball for us again would anyone care? Once Partey returns, there's no reason why AMN can't come into the side and Azeez too

There's still enough around them to ensure they aren't thrown to the wolves
AMN is shit mate, watch his performance today, gave the ball away more than anyone and fucked up putting auba in with a lazy three yard under hit pass.

He was like that nearly every game he played at right back bar a couple of decent performances when he seemed to give a fuck.
Agreed 100% Lefty. The guy is rubbish. As much as we'd all love to see more young Arsenal talent come through let's not kid ourselves about the bad ones. Pillock and Maitland-Bendtner are terrible. They've both had lots of game time and have not shown any reason to believe they'll make it at this level.

Jesus, if one of them gets 1 pass out of 20 right we get "potential" or "he had a great game" thrown out there.

Palace. Two years. Mark my words.
If we're talking about levels that our current players will end up at and AMN is Palace level, then fuck knows where Ballerina should be playing. Honestly, i can't believe anyone of sane mind would rather have the king of the foul throw in the starting line up. Can't tackle, sure as hell can't cross a ball, lost all his pace and gets turned with ease, an absolute liability every time there's an attack down that side of the field. Maitland Niles sure as hell ain't perfect, and not a natural RB, but he's still got to have 100+ more shit games to reach Ballerina's level of shiteness.
Worst thing about Bellerin is he cant defend....has no positional awareness...and cant tackle...other than that hes brilliant :D

Lets be fair WBA offered nothing much going forward...yes we had some great performances Tieney, Saka, ESR, Mari and Laca, but the real tests are yet to come
Xaha, Ceballos and Elneny will be exposed against better teams
Overall with Mari looking decent and Partey and Gabrielle yet to get back, lots of signs to be optimistic

Arteta fortunate that events have made him pick younger players, but thats football management

Big worry is he will be looking to reintroduce the likes of Willian, Pepe, Elneny, Xaha and the other passengers, just to satisfy his ego
Last edited by Redarmy on Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LeftfootlegendGooner
Posts: 8751
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:07 pm

Re: (Baw)baggies A Sat 2nd Jan 2021

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:43 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:58 pm
3-0 to the Arsenal. :shock:
Had a fiver on it too.

Fucking Lacazette cùnt. :lol: :wink:
:lol:

I had 3-1, lacca is a cunnt but so are their useless fuckin forwards :lol:

User avatar
BFG4
Posts: 1898
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:57 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: (Baw)baggies A Sat 2nd Jan 2021

Post by BFG4 »

What a win last night, I can't remember the last time we had a team finished off long before the final whistle :barscarf: I'm delighted to get one over on fat Sam. I'd say the *word censored* was spewing the "they don't like it up em" bollox pre match. Hope the *word censored* gets West Brom relegated and goes back into obscurity where he belongs.

User avatar
SteveO 35
Posts: 17772
Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 7:01 pm
Location: Abou's fan club

Re: (Baw)baggies A Sat 2nd Jan 2021

Post by SteveO 35 »

gooner265 wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:06 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:56 pm
gooner265 wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:40 pm
I'm interested to see how Mari plays tonight as he looks decent to me , if he holds his own against a SA side we may have a proper defender.
Bashing Arteta fir not playing azeez is ridiculous, now ESR is playing it seems what youngster he isn't playing can we bash him with next. If azeez and amn were playing would we be looking at the next right back in the youth squad to have a go next . I don't like our midfielders either but azeez is very raw and a game like this he would get hammered by the walrus
Its not about playing every youngster - its about playing someone who just might offer more than the shit served up by Ceballos, Xhaka and Elneny in the dozens of games we've seen them play

He was forced to eventually play ESR through suspensions, COVID and injury and look where it has taken us

Also if he harboured any ambition of keeping Balogun, then he would have picked him ahead of Nketiah weeks ago

By your logic GG would never have taken the chances he did on youth which ended up winning us the league. You can't play 11 kids but you can play a handful that are better than the overpaid primadonnas I mentioned above. They've had dozens of chances and failed
Woahh hang on a minute , I know I don't post much but have been calling for ESR for a long time . I have always been for throwing the kids in and yes was there when GG threw his in , rockys debut was my first match. Even GG played a few seniors with the kids, he's a young manager and has wrongly trusted too many seniors let's hope he learns from this and kicks on .
Then I don't understand why you'd consider calling for Azeez in the squad to be ridiculous. Apparently the academy rate him as one of the best prospects we've had in years in that position and he's being frozen out because of the likes of Elneny, Xhaka and Ceballos. Those 3 mongs have played nearly 250 times for Arsenal between them and I'd be amazed if you could pick more than a dozen stand out performances between them. How many more appearances do they need to justify being picked ahead of one of our brightest talents

You'll remember well that before the 88-89 season started GG flogged Sansom, Rix and Steve Williams - probably some of the biggest earners, and most established players in the squad. The year before he punted Viv Anderson.

In the 88-89 season Rocky played 38 league games, and 48 in all competitions. He was 21 at the time. Our captain Tony Adams was 22 and played 46 games. The hero of the hour Michael Thomas played 43 games and was 21 when he scored that winning goal.

If you're good enough, you're ready - simple as. I'd rather have young Azeez play a dozen games this season alongside one of the more experienced players, than waste wages on a 'never will be' cast off from Madrid who didn't produce a single assist or goal in his first PL season.

markyp
Posts: 3122
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:54 pm
Location: location location

Re: (Baw)baggies A Sat 2nd Jan 2021

Post by markyp »

Pleased to see Laca amongst the goals,I've always stuck by him even though many said he was shit.hes had a lot to put up with having had his thunder stolen by aub when he joined and recently having to do a lot of donkey work which massively diminished his goal scoring chances.ive always maintained that he is one of the guys that actually gives a fuck about the team and his performances so to see him scoring again is great ,as for aub I've said so many times that if he doesn't score he offers nothing, I think being put on the wing is totally justified ,he can still cut inside and shoot anyway,laca needs to be the traditional centre forward in this team,not a winger ,not shoe horned in somewhere but the CF

User avatar
SteveO 35
Posts: 17772
Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 7:01 pm
Location: Abou's fan club

Re: (Baw)baggies A Sat 2nd Jan 2021

Post by SteveO 35 »

markyp wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:59 pm
Pleased to see Laca amongst the goals,I've always stuck by him even though many said he was shit.hes had a lot to put up with having had his thunder stolen by aub when he joined and recently having to do a lot of donkey work which massively diminished his goal scoring chances.ive always maintained that he is one of the guys that actually gives a fuck about the team and his performances so to see him scoring again is great ,as for aub I've said so many times that if he doesn't score he offers nothing, I think being put on the wing is totally justified ,he can still cut inside and shoot anyway,laca needs to be the traditional centre forward in this team,not a winger ,not shoe horned in somewhere but the CF
Lacazette's attitude in recent weeks has been excellent. I wonder if its the fact that Auba isn't grabbing all the headlines that has lead to that?? Either way, he has really knuckled down and when he's in this form he's infinitely superior to Nketiah and fully merits his place in the team

User avatar
Ernie71
Posts: 161
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2018 3:55 pm

Re: (Baw)baggies A Sat 2nd Jan 2021

Post by Ernie71 »

BFG4 wrote:
Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:38 am
What a win last night, I can't remember the last time we had a team finished off long before the final whistle :barscarf: I'm delighted to get one over on fat Sam. I'd say the *word censored* was spewing the "they don't like it up em" bollox pre match. Hope the *word censored* gets West Brom relegated and goes back into obscurity where he belongs.
The first game of the season v Fulham we were 3-0 up after an hour remember it was Aubameyang's last good game he signed the new contract a week later :lol:
It was a good performance against a team whose last 3 home performances were 0-5 0-3 and 0-5 we werent playing Bayern although listening to some of our deluded fans you would think so. When we are still playing Bellerin and Xhaka you know we still have a long way to go .I was really glad at 4-0 with 20 mins to go Arteta didnt bring on our £72m dud Pepe
Aubameyang was terrible he seems to have done a body swap with Lacazette.

Post Reply