Palarsepieces H Thu 14th Jan 8pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Redarmy

Re: Palarsepieces H Thu 14th Jan 8pm

Post by Redarmy »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:42 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:57 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:11 pm
John F wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:49 pm
Play all the players that DB KNOWS are going to eventually end up at Palace just so the Palace fans can get a glimpse of the future.
Dodgy team Palace they were awful against Villa but always seem extra motivated against us with Saha the Arsenal fan busting his gut to reinforce just what a bad decision signing Pepe was.
Fixed that for ya John. :wink:

3-0 to the Arsenal. :barscarf:

Zaha to do his best Slippy Me / Granny Molester / DVD / Fat Tongue impression and be flopping around like an electrocuted fish. :roll: :censored: :censored:
But still be 100x more effective than the man we bought instead of him because of his "resale value" :banghead:
They are both shit. Our one is just a good deal shitter. :|

When you think of the absolute legends that have played for this football club.... and then you look at who our record signing is...... :oops:
Seem to remember Zaha pissing over Arsenal many a time on previous occasions....

As for pepe all left foot and brain dead......ridiculous signing....

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Martinelli has progressed very well since turning his right ankle during the warm-up against Newcastle United and Arsenal are hopeful that he will return to full training with the squad in the next few days. #afc https://t.co/bw5Ie2ZXSn

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:45 pm
Martinelli has progressed very well since turning his right ankle during the warm-up against Newcastle United and Arsenal are hopeful that he will return to full training with the squad in the next few days. #afc https://t.co/bw5Ie2ZXSn
Very good news...heard he could be back for te Newcastle game all being well....

Midz

Post by Midz »

Excellent news regarding Martinelli. Good luck, son and hopefully this will be the last of his injuries.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:45 pm
Phew - very thankful,

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Redarmy wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:09 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
John F wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:49 pm
Play all the players that DB KNOWS are going to eventually end up at Palace just so the Palace fans can get a glimpse of the future.
Dodgy team Palace they were awful against Villa but always seem extra motivated against us with Saha the Arsenal fan busting his gut to reinforce just what a bad decision signing Pepe was.

Zaha to do his best Slippy Me / Granny Molester / DVD / Fat Tongue impression and be flopping around like an electrocuted fish. :roll: :censored: :censored:
But still be 100x more effective than the man we bought instead of him because of his "resale value" :banghead:

When you think of the absolute legends that have played for this football club.... and then you look at who our record signing is...... :oops:
Seem to remember Zaha pissing over Arsenal many a time on previous occasions....

Yeah? I seem to remember Zaha failing miserably at manure and then going onto an episodic career with Palace.... one good game followed by four or five shit games followed by one good game.... he is to football what Welbeck and Walcott and Benteke and Giroud and Sturridge are and were - second rate forwards that get hailed as great by the moronic media based on a couple of good games or good goals per season but never hit the top level in the game.

Pepe being complete shit doesn't make Zaha a better player than he is.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

This Zaha myth needs putting to bed. Since he went full time at Palace in 2015 we've beaten them 5 times in the PL, drawn 4 times and lost a grand total of 2 times..... hardly Zaha pissing on us is it?

He is so typical of the modern soccer mythology of a couple of good games a great goal and whoops boom he's a "Premier League Legend". :lol:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:18 am
Redarmy wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Yeah? I seem to remember Zaha failing miserably at manure and then going onto an episodic career with Palace.... one good game followed by four or five shit games followed by one good game.... he is to football what Welbeck and Walcott and Benteke and Giroud and Sturridge are and were - second rate forwards that get hailed as great by the moronic media based on a couple of good games or good goals per season but never hit the top level in the game.

Yeah...Dont agree with the logic....The great Dennis Begkamp failed at Inter....(can be a multitude of reasons for that, abilty to adapt, fit in with team mates, home life)

There is a comparison, because Emery wanted Zaha....and was over ruled and we got brain dead useless fucker Pepe, in my opinon Zaha would have been the better option

Quote from Emery...
I favoured someone who knew the league and wouldn’t need to adapt. [Wilfried] Zaha won games on his own: Tottenham, Manchester City, us. Incredible performances.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Redarmy wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:39 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Redarmy wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

Yeah...Dont agree with the logic....The great Dennis Begkamp failed at Inter....(can be a multitude of reasons for that, abilty to adapt, fit in with team mates, home life)

There is a comparison, because Emery wanted Zaha....and was over ruled and we got brain dead useless fucker Pepe, in my opinon Zaha would have been the better option

Quote from Emery...
I favoured someone who knew the league and wouldn’t need to adapt. [Wilfried] Zaha won games on his own: Tottenham, Manchester City, us. Incredible performances.
Spot the difference..... Bergkamp (after success at Ajax) failed at Inter and went onto be an Arsenal Legend winning almost everything. Zaha failed at manure and has gone onto..... Palace.

Yeah sure Zaha would have been better than Pepe. But fucking Giroud is better than Pepe and Zaha. Does that mean he is good enough for Arsenal?

Not in my book.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Gabriel Martinell's ankle injury is not serious and he could be back for Newcastle game on Monday. [@guardian]

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:57 am
Redarmy wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:39 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Redarmy wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Quote from Emery...
Spot the difference..... Bergkamp (after success at Ajax) failed at Inter and went onto be an Arsenal Legend winning almost everything. Zaha failed at manure and has gone onto..... Palace.

Yeah sure Zaha would have been better than Pepe. But fucking Giroud is better than Pepe and Zaha. Does that mean he is good enough for Arsenal?

Not in my book.
yes hes playing at Palace a team with lesser quaity players around him, where as a winger has scored 8 goals this season, the top scorer

not sure if you got it but you said he failed at Man Utd...yes he did but you cant use that logic to say a player is no good....

As for the other comments about Wellbeck, Wally, Benteke...etc...Where has anyone ever said these were great players???

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:31 am
This Zaha myth needs putting to bed. Since he went full time at Palace in 2015 we've beaten them 5 times in the PL, drawn 4 times and lost a grand total of 2 times..... hardly Zaha pissing on us is it?

He is so typical of the modern soccer mythology of a couple of good games a great goal and whoops boom he's a "Premier League Legend". :lol:
tbf thats a crap record against pernnial strugglers palace. i know its mostly down to our general shiteness but a less than 50% (based on your stats0 win rate against them is poor! would be expecting 70% at least as there shit but seem to have a bit of an indian sign over us.

John F

Post by John F »

If you want to get an honest opinion of a player of another club look on one of their forums as just like this one you get a good picture of what a player is like from fans who watch him every week. Zaha is very highly rated by Palace fans on the forum I just read. One comment said he contributed to 50% of their goals last season and they would be relegated without him.
They slate Pepe and claim Zaha is a country mile better than him.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Martinelli looks fine! Phewwww! :D :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNyiB1ORhPY

John F

Post by John F »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:34 pm
Martinelli looks fine! Phewwww! :D :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNyiB1ORhPY
Tierney looks like he is playing in the summer time.