Palarsepieces H Thu 14th Jan 8pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rodders999

Re: Palarsepieces H Thu 14th Jan 8pm

Post by rodders999 »

“Backwards Bellerin” talking some shit there :roll:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

I’m staying positive as we didn’t lose.
Clean sheet as well so all good :barscarf:

augie

Post by augie »

Apparently it is the first time in the history of AFC that we have failed to score at home v palace :shock:

John F

Post by John F »

augie wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:19 pm
Apparently it is the first time in the history of AFC that we have failed to score at home v palace :shock:
We were making sure not to break the covid rules on celebrating a goal.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Another point closer to the 40 point mark..this is life now under the stewardship of night fever hair :oops:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Well no really surprised with the result but disappointed. Apart from the obvious absence of our no.3, it was glaring obvius that Luiz slows the pace of our game down. Both Mari and Gabriel always look forward.
Our FB both had bad games, bellerin getting in the way, and both suffered loss of passing ability. The positive is that bellerin has learnt how to take a throw - in :banghead:

Auba worked harder than he has been working in recent matches, but with no conviction. ESR will have days like that, but that is more to do with the style of play, it great having a no.10, but what's the point when the tactics are to pass out wide and cross the ball in. Why we persist with this tactic when we play against teams set up for the sole purpose of defending crosses I don't know.
I enjoyed Cellabos range of passing thought he was unlucky to come off.
At the 55 minute mark it was similar to the Burnley game, and I was expecting the same result. Fortunately, Leno kept a clean sheet.
Do you remember the days when people would complain that we were just flat track bullies??? Well, how I long for those days to return.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

StuartL wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:01 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:46 pm
Another 90 minutes of mindnumbing 1930s paced football
By the time we had played it across the back to switch play, Palace had literally walked across to cover it.

It’s mind - numbing shite, without Tierney’’s pace and crossing ability.
David Luiz slows the pace of the team down. And it's palace. For some reason we never really put palace away when we are average. Effectively we are at the same level now, so no wonder AMN is still with us.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Nos89 wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:04 pm
StuartL wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:01 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:46 pm
Another 90 minutes of mindnumbing 1930s paced football
By the time we had played it across the back to switch play, Palace had literally walked across to cover it.

It’s mind - numbing shite, without Tierney’’s pace and crossing ability.
David Luiz slows the pace of the team down. And it's palace. For some reason we never really put palace away when we are average. Effectively we are at the same level now, so no wonder AMN is still with us.

Last 5 meetings with Palace, we have lost 1 and drawn 4.....

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I remember the days when I was PROUD of the chant: Boring Boring Arsenal. For VERY Different reasons though. :?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:11 pm
“Backwards Bellerin” talking some shit there :roll:

And so he should.

Players we need to Off-load asap (that's if anyone is foolish enough to take them): Cellabos, Nketiah, Pepe, Sokratis, Mustafi, AMN, Runarsson, Xhaka,
Bellerin, Willock, Reiss-Nelson and Willian.

Fuckk them Off and their over-paid Pussified useless, lazy asses and use the money saved on all those wasted wages to get in a Proper No 2 GK. a Very decent R.Back and a Creative mid-fielder as back up to ESR.