Soton smelly scrotums A Fa cup 4th rnd KO 1215 pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: Soton smelly scrotums A Fa cup 4th rnd KO 1215 pm

Post by augie »

Hard to know what to say about that performance - the result doesnt bother as much as the performance cos the performance was fcuking disgraceful :censored: :censored:

Yesterday we had a discussion where edu was panned (and arteta defended) over signing willian, but today proved yet again that arteta is a willian supporter and was integral to his signing. How he can look at that chav c.unt and not subbed him is beyond me :roll: How he picks him to start a game, any game, is beyond me :roll: :roll:
I'm sure that every time zaha and emery look at pepe stealing a living for us it must make them smile - dunno who over-ruled emery on that decision but they should be shot
Can someone contact moyes at the shammers and tell him that we have dropped our asking price for nketieh and are now willing to accept 5 mars bars and a jumbo pack of dorito's

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

I am struggling to understand the criticism Arteta is getting.
He won the FA Cup in his first year of management! he can’t be expected to win it every season.

This season due to starting late the fixture congestion is ridiculous - the priority has to be the league, but the priority cup has to be the Europa League with the CL prize if we win it. It is fairly obvious that we don’t have the squad to compete on 3 fronts, so for this season sacrifice the FA cup.

we also already knew the 5th round draw and a visit to Molineux does not appeal.
Better to get out now - but now the pressure should be on Arteta to finish strongly in the remaining 2 competitions.

Midz

Post by Midz »

another disappointment....of course we should be used to them now.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:38 pm
He won the FA Cup in his first year of management! he can’t be expected to win it every season.

This season due to starting late the fixture congestion is ridiculous - the priority has to be the league, but the priority cup has to be the Europa League with the CL prize if we win it. It is fairly obvious that we don’t have the squad to compete on 3 fronts, so for this season sacrifice the FA cup.

we also already knew the 5th round draw and a visit to Molineux does not appeal.
Better to get out now - but now the pressure should be on Arteta to finish strongly in the remaining 2 competitions.
And I'm equally struggling to understand how that attitude towards the cup can prevail when we're in midtable????

I get the logic if we were going for the title, or maybe even in the top 4......but seriously, what do you realistically the best position is that we'll achieve in the league........8th? 7th at a push?

So.....we've got an outside chance of making the Europa spots in the league, but could win 5 cup games and secure the same thing plus a cup to boot!

Mate - the Europa League will be a tough win. We haven't won a European trophy for 27 years. Gambling everything on that in the one-off hope of a CL spot............seriously?

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Xhaka gets pressed and disappears. Willian is past it he makes nice looking runs and then passes back , Pepe and Nketiah too weak and ineffective it all adds up to a porous midfield and a back line with nowhere to go .
Man of the match :- Leno

augie

Post by augie »

Gunner Rob wrote:

Rob, it is one thing to say that you would prioritise the league over the fa cup, but it is a totally different scenario to defend the players and the manager after that shite just cos it isnt your priority. I can accept that rotating of team selection starters - what I cant accept is the disgraceful performances turned in by those players, and nor can I accept the shocking lack of in game management by arteta and a woeful inability to recognise what is collapsing around him :roll: For the last 10 minutes our manager, this highly acclaimed coach, resorted to moving a centre back up to play as a striker - it was like we took a spin back in time in the de lorean, cos it sure as shit wasnt cutting edge tactical nous :oops: :oops:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

augie wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:56 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:

Rob, it is one thing to say that you would prioritise the league over the fa cup, but it is a totally different scenario to defend the players and the manager after that shite just cos it isnt your priority. I can accept that rotating of team selection starters - what I cant accept is the disgraceful performances turned in by those players, and nor can I accept the shocking lack of in game management by arteta and a woeful inability to recognise what is collapsing around him :roll: For the last 10 minutes our manager, this highly acclaimed coach, resorted to moving a centre back up to play as a striker - it was like we took a spin back in time in the de lorean, cos it sure as shit wasnt cutting edge tactical nous :oops: :oops:
All the while Balogun was recovering from scoring a hat-trick for the U23s......Smith Rowe at home after the strains of 6 matches........and Aubameyang clearing up a 'personal matter' that I'd hazard a guess might be resolved in time for Tuesday night

Absolutely unforgiveable

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arteta unsure if Aubameyang will return on Tuesday - Says Arsenal will see how 'the situation evolves' and that the club will give him the support he needs.

Full Arteta quote on Auba playing on Tuesday: “I don’t know. He needs to address that issue, we’ll see how it evolves. We’re here and we have to support him and he needs to take the time that is needed because that is a priority at the moment.”

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Then what are you watching?

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

Throwing an FA Cup game.........disgusting

What the fuck must Pepe and willian do in training for Lego hair to think they won’t let him down again for the 17th time in a game,its fucking baffling,I’d rather stay up by the skin on my old ballbags but win the FA Cup, :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Poor performance, next Tues however will be a huge game in terms of where Arteta is taking us.
He clearly was willing to let the fa cup go, that only leaves him the plge and the europa lge, champions lge football must now be our goal this season, by one of 2 routes.
That starts for real on Tues nite, he can't afford a slip up, he needs to put a run together in the plge otherwise, he will have only 1 route left just a few weeks into February.
I still doubt he is the man for the job, but if we are to call him out come may? He won't have an fa cup win to hide behind!
So good riddance today! The real test starts on Tuesday!

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Arteta found a winning team, (more by luck than judgement) and he makes so many changes

that midfield FFS :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: where do you start?

They are fucking criminal...Xaha and Elneny....worst pairing in the top 2 divisions...and whats more EVERYONE knows it
but being fucking blind he keeps persevering hoping to prove himself right

The same can be said for Nkeita, Pepe, Holding and Cedric...Willian is just going through the motions topping up his pension

To go out of the FA Cup in such a limp dicked manner is truly upsetting...normally go to that fixture....think i would have gone mental

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

goonersid wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:13 pm
Poor performance, next Tues however will be a huge game in terms of where Arteta is taking us.
He clearly was willing to let the fa cup go, that only leaves him the plge and the europa lge, champions lge football must now be our goal this season, by one of 2 routes.
That starts for real on Tues nite, he can't afford a slip up, he needs to put a run together in the plge otherwise, he will have only 1 route left just a few weeks into February.
I still doubt he is the man for the job, but if we are to call him out come may? He won't have an fa cup win to hide behind!
They wont win Fuck all....probably finish around 7th or 8th in the league

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Leyton Gooner wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:08 pm
Knew as soon as I saw which *word censored* were playing we were out. Just the Europa to play for now (fat fucking chance)

Fuck off :banghead:
The same usual suspects who have been awful all season given the task of playing shit to dump us out of the cup :banghead:

You can carry the odd player being below par but having half the team weaker is just madness.

Bet Southampton manage to give us another game on Tuesday with the same players and not be knackered.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Redarmy wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:18 pm
goonersid wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 4:13 pm
They wont win Fuck all....probably finish around 7th or 8th in the league
I agree, but had we won the fa cup? It would have given him a lifeline!