Soton anal sphincters A Tues 26th Jan KO 815PM

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
LeftfootlegendGooner

Re: Soton anal sphincters A Tues 26th Jan KO 815PM

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Our best run of wins away from home in over 3 years and I said ages ago cedric was a player, he can cross with either foot and can defend although some thought him the worst player ever.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Natural Born Gooner wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:18 pm
Anything other than a win would have been unacceptable.

Cedric for Bellend, Martinelli for Pepe and Gabriel for Sideshow and we may have a chance against the Mancs
I can only see one of those maybe happening........

John F

Post by John F »

Good win Cedric proved me wrong about playing at left back he was excellent.I didn't have the commentary on ,did Partey and Smith Rowe go off because of injuries?.If so we are in trouble as the midfield collapsed when they went off.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

John F wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:30 pm
Good win Cedric proved me wrong about playing at left back he was excellent.I didn't have the commentary on ,did Partey and Smith Rowe go off because of injuries?.If so we are in trouble as the midfield collapsed when they went off.
Party just looked like cramp. Don't know about ESR.

xgtdec

Post by xgtdec »

John F wrote:
Esr took a bit of a knock and went off, partey had some cramp

xgtdec

Post by xgtdec »

John F wrote:
Esr took a bit of a knock and went off, partey had some cramp

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:41 pm
1-3 Willian hat trick,
Wasn't too far off :lol:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

🗣 Mikel Arteta post match: “We expect them to play without any pre-season, 50 games, every game at that age. I’m sorry but it’s impossible. I am not going to do that with the young players.”

https://t.co/ViUa5k4M10

Arteta on Smith Rowe: "He was injured for the cup game, we knew he could probably not play the whole game today. He had some muscular discomfort and had to come off."

Arteta on Tierney playing against Man United: "I don't know. He wasn't available against Southampton in the FA Cup. He was injured. He is still injured today. And let's see how he progresses for the game against Man United."

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:14 pm
🗣 Mikel Arteta post match: “We expect them to play without any pre-season, 50 games, every game at that age. I’m sorry but it’s impossible. I am not going to do that with the young players.”

https://t.co/ViUa5k4M10

Arteta on Smith Rowe: "He was injured for the cup game, we knew he could probably not play the whole game today. He had some muscular discomfort and had to come off."

Arteta on Tierney playing against Man United: "I don't know. He wasn't available against Southampton in the FA Cup. He was injured. He is still injured today. And let's see how he progresses for the game against Man United."
We always seem to have our better players unavailable for these cunnts

augie

Post by augie »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:13 pm
There are so many teams with games in hand i have no idea where we actually are in the league :shock:

Exactly - it is bizarre how many games in hand some teams have and in any other season you could almost 100% predict what the scores in those games will be, but in this covid season who knows what will happen :?

I'd also echo what perry said above - we started very shaky but settled down after we scored, and there was only gonna be one winner after that 8)

Cedric was indeed very good even apart from that outrageous pass to saka, but some of you are deluded if you think that he will start ahead of bellend in any important game.

For at least one quarter of the game last night I have to say that laca was frustrating the shit out of me - granted some of the service would have had peter crouch looking up, but he also had a lack of movement at times to the point that he got in his team-mates way.

I seen one of the papers this morning give xhaka an 8 and partey a 6 and I thought wtf ? Partey was everywhere closing them down, and xhaka just seemed to try and make himself look well positioned, but he tackled no fcuker, and they seemed to breeze by him at will :roll:

Anyway, overall it was a pleasing performance where we showed hunger and effort (coincidence that the younger players returned ? :rubchin: ).

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang says his recent absence from the Arsenal side is because his mother has been in ill health.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

augie wrote:
Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:28 am
GoonerMuzz wrote:
Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:13 pm
There are so many teams with games in hand i have no idea where we actually are in the league :shock:

Exactly - it is bizarre how many games in hand some teams have and in any other season you could almost 100% predict what the scores in those games will be, but in this covid season who knows what will happen :?

I'd also echo what perry said above - we started very shaky but settled down after we scored, and there was only gonna be one winner after that 8)

Cedric was indeed very good even apart from that outrageous pass to saka, but some of you are deluded if you think that he will start ahead of bellend in any important game.

For at least one quarter of the game last night I have to say that laca was frustrating the shit out of me - granted some of the service would have had peter crouch looking up, but he also had a lack of movement at times to the point that he got in his team-mates way.

I seen one of the papers this morning give xhaka an 8 and partey a 6 and I thought wtf ? Partey was everywhere closing them down, and xhaka just seemed to try and make himself look well positioned, but he tackled no fcuker, and they seemed to breeze by him at will :roll:

Anyway, overall it was a pleasing performance where we showed hunger and effort (coincidence that the younger players returned ? :rubchin: ).
As frustrating as Lacazette is at times, missing chances, he was a key player for us last night - he got a partial block on a clearance that resulted in our first goal, played a great through ball to Saka (with whom he appear to link up very well ) and got on the scoresheet himself.

He looked like he was blowing out of his behind, and I was all for hauling him off for Martinelli to pressure relentlessly the saints defence and keeper, who arse about with the ball at the back as much as we do, but the injury to ESR caused him to be left on and fair play he carried on till the end.

What was so apparent was that having a player in midfield, (ESR) whose first thought is carry the ball forwards and play with pace, enormously changes our tempo and ultimately our results - hope the new guy Odegaard can provide the same impetus :barscarf: