Benfica Bulbeyes A Europa lge last chance saloon Thurs Feb 18th KO 8PM

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Clummo99

Re: Benfica Bulbeyes A Europa lge last chance saloon Thurs Feb 18th KO 8PM

Post by Clummo99 »

Maybe Xhaka should wear his shirt back to front. Then at least he'd look like he was facing forward.

The bloke barely even breaks into a trot. Just walks around 10 yards either side of the halfway line pointing.
Last edited by Clummo99 on Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

2 fucking birds on tele tonight telling the world where Arsenal went wrong,yet Arteta supposedly knows better,how can 2 fucking women pick holes in that shit show but the dull c unt stands and watches it and thinks it’s acceptable :banghead:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

TeeCee wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:03 pm
Anyone else getting a reminder of a horrible 0-0 draw away to Torino in 1994 in an almost empty ground in the Cup Winners Cup?
I was at that one. We stayed in Milan and had a coach to Turin on matchday.

Game was instantly forgettable. :lol:
I was there for that one. Me and my mate were drinking in a pizzeria, totally rammed and the owner was ripping us off charging about £8 for a beer - cheeky bar steward. We had drunk about 4 or 5 beers each when someone knocked a couple of glasses off a table and whilst the owner was clearing it up we just did a runner, best result of the day! :barscarf:
Cup Winners Cup nostalgia. Like Korea and The Falklands, you'll never know if you didn't live through it.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Roll out that vaccine so the crowd can get rid of this boring piece of Lego we have as a manager

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Clummo99 wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:39 pm
Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:26 pm
Anyone else getting a reminder of a horrible 0-0 draw away to Torino in 1994 in an almost empty ground in the Cup Winners Cup?
I was at that one. We stayed in Milan and had a coach to Turin on matchday.

Game was instantly forgettable. :lol:
I went too - took a train the next day down to spend a couple of days in Genoa :barscarf:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:53 pm
Well that was utter doshit, although i have to say if PEA had scored early on i have the feeling it might have been a lot different :rubchin:
I didnt watch the game, I gave up watching us in Europe a long time ago, it is always depressing.

Although what you said about.auba missing an early opportunity and how the game would have been different could apply to Arsenal for the last twenty years.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

I’m Auba’s biggest fan but he left us down badly tonight, one shocking miss and two other bad misses.

Also piss poor in general play, very disappointing performance.

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:27 pm
Before tonight Auba’s last touch in the EL was that sitter he missed against Olympiakos right at the death last season.
Apart from the winner against Rapid Vienna on match day 1. :wink: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:56 pm
Xhaka was an absolute fucking disgrace tonight, he sucks the life out of this team, kills the tempo of every move, shocking passing, and stupid fouls.

He is fucking SHIT :banghead:
No no Poppa roddaz that is him "controlling the game from midfield" dont you know. :oops:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Clummo99 wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:10 pm
Maybe Xhaka should wear his shirt back to front. Then at least he'd look like he was facing forward.

The bloke barely even breaks into a trot. Just walks around 10 yards either side of the halfway line pointing.
That pointing is totally annoying....what the fuck does he think he is doing....no one takes any notice
but seems some mugs fall for it and think ....look he must be in command.....total fraud

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Another beige performance to match the dozens of beige performances that have gone before - this time against a pub team whose players couldn't manage 90 minutes without cramping up. Adel Taraabt ??? Fuck me, the fat pie eating tosser that Redcrapp kicked out of QPR. Vertonghen, 5 years past his best. This is a team that finished below Rangers FFS!!! 13 points off the top of the pub league with 1 win in 5

Genuinely don't know what to say that hasn't been said fifty times or more. Boring, slow, unimaginative, players over coached to within an inch of their lives. Bellerin has more minutes in the team than any other player. Martinelli is being rested for what exactly??? Thought it was supposed to be this game, or was it the one before, or the one before that? No doubt its Man City now, until he doesn't feature in that, then it'll be for the second leg of this. The Swiss turd just giving the ball away and getting rinsed for fun. The same 1930s pace in midfield that grinds every attack down to a walk. I will actually give Getafe some credit for once - thought he was one of the best out there but given what he was surrounded by, it speaks volumes

The ludicrous experiment continues from week to week. Bellerin will play again, Xhaka will play again, Elneny & Willian will play some part again. Two fingers to the fans, I'm young and I know best.......nothing will ever change under El Brittas

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:37 am
Another beige performance to match the dozens of beige performances that have gone before - this time against a pub team whose players couldn't manage 90 minutes without cramping up. Adel Taraabt ??? Fuck me, the fat pie eating tosser that Redcrapp kicked out of QPR. Vertonghen, 5 years past his best. This is a team that finished below Rangers FFS!!! 13 points off the top of the pub league with 1 win in 5

Genuinely don't know what to say that hasn't been said fifty times or more. Boring, slow, unimaginative, players over coached to within an inch of their lives. Bellerin has more minutes in the team than any other player. Martinelli is being rested for what exactly??? Thought it was supposed to be this game, or was it the one before, or the one before that? No doubt its Man City now, until he doesn't feature in that, then it'll be for the second leg of this. The Swiss turd just giving the ball away and getting rinsed for fun. The same 1930s pace in midfield that grinds every attack down to a walk. I will actually give Getafe some credit for once - thought he was one of the best out there but given what he was surrounded by, it speaks volumes

The ludicrous experiment continues from week to week. Bellerin will play again, Xhaka will play again, Elneny & Willian will play some part again. Two fingers to the fans, I'm young and I know best.......nothing will ever change under El Brittas
A perfect summing up of the tollies we witnessed lastnight :oops: They finished below Rangers the fuckers,funny thing or not so funny thing is Rangers would probably boaby us the way were playing :shock: :cry:

markyp

Post by markyp »

Some pretty crazy comments in my opinion,yes xhaka was useless but overall some decent football against a well organised team who stayed compact throughout.benfica offered very little going forward and we opened them up with some dare i say it ozil-esque through balls,had Aubameyang been bothered wed have sailed through,we just arent ruthless in front of goal right now,that's it,nothing more nothing less.im not over the moon with Arteta like many but to slate him just for the sake of it is moronic

augie

Post by augie »

The more you like at arteta's team selections and substitutions, the more clueless he looks (couldnt get much worse surely ? :roll: )

My total opposition to moving smart-rowe from the 10 is well known, but surely if you taking off auba last night, laca would be absolutely brought on for the centre forward position ?? Laca was in form recently and now he is no longer starting, but last night when we needed a goal he wasnt even brought on ??
Bringing on Tierney last night was a puzzler too - unless cedric was injured, why would you make a change in the backline when the game was in the balance ? If he felt that Tierney wasnt ready to start, why bother bringing him on then ?
What is the point of 90th minute substitutions unless it is to kill the clock - against a shit benfica side, really ??

Arteta's love affair with xhaka and bellend shows no sign of abating anytime soon, and make no mistake, willian would be in the starting line up if he was doing even 5% better than he is

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

augie wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:00 am
The more you like at arteta's team selections and substitutions, the more clueless he looks (couldnt get much worse surely ? :roll: )

My total opposition to moving smart-rowe from the 10 is well known, but surely if you taking off auba last night, laca would be absolutely brought on for the centre forward position ?? Laca was in form recently and now he is no longer starting, but last night when we needed a goal he wasnt even brought on ??
Bringing on Tierney last night was a puzzler too - unless cedric was injured, why would you make a change in the backline when the game was in the balance ? If he felt that Tierney wasnt ready to start, why bother bringing him on then ?
What is the point of 90th minute substitutions unless it is to kill the clock - against a shit benfica side, really ??

Arteta's love affair with xhaka and bellend shows no sign of abating anytime soon, and make no mistake, willian would be in the starting line up if he was doing even 5% better than he is
All fair comments....have to say seen opposition managers change a game with tactical changes, but more often than not Artetas changes weaken our side or have no effect...poor in game management