Manurine stained Y fronts H Sat 30th Jan KO 1730

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
LeftfootlegendGooner

Re: Manurine stained Y fronts H Sat 30th Jan KO 1730

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

I didnt watch it live but just watched the motd highlights, didnt realise we hit the underside of the bar, inches away from a win.

Considering who we were missing I will take that draw.

Whats wrong with Tierney, Saka.

I know auba has some family issues so understand that but we need those three back ASAP.

Parteys highlights weren't good, he gives away the ball more than a ball boy :lol:

Kingralph

Post by Kingralph »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:08 am
Leno’s shit mate, should never have sold Martinelli :wink:

https://twitter.com/arsenal/status/1355 ... 05216?s=21
To be fair, I’m surprised he didn’t push it back in to play for their striker to tap in. It’s what he does with almost every other save he makes.

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:08 am
Leno’s shit mate, should never have sold Martinelli :wink:

https://twitter.com/arsenal/status/1355 ... 05216?s=21
He’s gotta hold them mate :oops: :-P :-P :lol:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

goonersid wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 10:14 am
Some of the bitching on here is petty and quite frankly pathetic.
Stevo! On Bellerin being made captain, it's only whilst Auba is out, most likely given the role because he is probably the longest serving player. A decision most managers would make (managers capable of making their own decisions that is or maybe there wasn't time to hold a vote.)
Augie! On Martinelli substitution, he'd hardly had a kick and had possibly picked up a knock.
I do admit however that Wilian has been a huge disappointment, often a match winner for the chavs, it hasn't happened for him, although he was slightly better last nite
Redarmy! On Guendopey, not hanging around because the inferior Xhaka was being picked ahead of him?
I think you'll find he was chased, because he thought he could behave like a spoilt brat under Arteta, as he had under Emery!
Also whilst I'm no fan of Xhaka, I'd argue he contributes more than the non scoring, non tackling totally ineffectual Guendopey!
Last nite was yet another encouraging performance particularly given our absentees, a solid defensive display and Leno regaining his form with every game.
Arteta said Martinelli sub was purely tactical....no injury as quoted below:

“It was a tactical decision,” Arteta said.

“It was something we weren’t doing right and I thought Wili could’ve done better and that’s why I made the decision.

Still think making bellerin captain is a poor choice he is no leader, indeed he looks to pass back at every ocassion, seems to have lost confidence....and his pace

As for Guendouzi have made no recent coments but dont think hes good enough for the Arsenal, as for leaving dont think he had a choice really Arteta wanted him out

As also stated earlier think a draw was a fair result, we could have won it, so could they....but we had 4 or 5 first choice key players missing, took 4 points off them this season wil settle for that.....

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Redarmy wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:09 pm
goonersid wrote:
Stevo! On Bellerin being made captain, it's only whilst Auba is out, most likely given the role because he is probably the longest serving player. A decision most managers would make (managers capable of making their own decisions that is or maybe there wasn't time to hold a vote.)
Augie! On Martinelli substitution, he'd hardly had a kick and had possibly picked up a knock.
I do admit however that Wilian has been a huge disappointment, often a match winner for the chavs, it hasn't happened for him, although he was slightly better last nite
Redarmy! On Guendopey, not hanging around because the inferior Xhaka was being picked ahead of him?
I think you'll find he was chased, because he thought he could behave like a spoilt brat under Arteta, as he had under Emery!
Also whilst I'm no fan of Xhaka, I'd argue he contributes more than the non scoring, non tackling totally ineffectual Guendopey!
Last nite was yet another encouraging performance particularly given our absentees, a solid defensive display and Leno regaining his form with every game.

“It was something we weren’t doing right and I thought Wili could’ve done better and that’s why I made the decision.

Still think making bellerin captain is a poor choice he is no leader, indeed he looks to pass back at every ocassion, seems to have lost confidence....and his pace

As for Guendouzi have made no recent coments but dont think hes good enough for the Arsenal, as for leaving dont think he had a choice really Arteta wanted him out

As also stated earlier think a draw was a fair result, we could have won it, so could they....but we had 4 or 5 first choice key players missing, took 4 points off them this season wil settle for that.....
Fair enough lad! Though even if a solely tactical decision, it was right to sub him, he hadnt had a kick, might not have worked. but thats chance you take.
I still think Wilian will improve and bring something to the team, whilst last nite just wasnt Martinelli's nite.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

goonersid wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:21 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:09 pm
goonersid wrote:

Fair enough lad! Though even if a solely tactical decision, it was right to sub him, he hadnt had a kick, might not have worked. but thats chance you take.
I still think Wilian will improve and bring something to the team, whilst last nite just wasnt Martinelli's nite.
OK Sid, just my opinion at the end of the day :D
Wilian must be running out of chances by now.....

As for Martinelli seen moments in games of real quality from the lad, in my opinon hes a special talent and would hate to see that come to fruition at another club, want to see him winning trophys at the Arsenal :barscarf:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

augie wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:02 pm
Have to say that I would have taken the draw beforehand when I heard that our 3 best players were out, so I cant complain about the result, and I do think that by and large we worked hard

Bellend is a useless c.unt - I know that many lambasted willian when he came on, but for me he was 100 times better than bellend. The c.unt never looks forward when he gets the ball, is incapable or afraid to tackle with his feet (you cannot tackle with your arms man :roll: ), and looks like a demented fool when the ball comes his way as a full on panic sets in

Luiz played well no doubt, but I thought that holding was better - cleared every corner that came into the box, tackled and blocked well, and generally looked solid defensively. What about that 40 yard pass to laca as well :shock: :shock:

Cedric has settled in well and is proof that players need time when they come into a team and cannot be expected to hit the ground running if they havent seen much game time. He should be first choice right back when Tierney comes back, but I think that we all know that wont happen :roll:

Doesnt seem to been mentioned at all, but that was an outstanding save by leno from fred's shot in the first half
I was expecting a win.Thought we played the better and wanted to win it more than they did. Maguire and Fernandes shoud have both been sent off. Can't believe VAR didn't even think the challenge on xhaka was not a red card. Similarly, maguire bringing lacazette down on the edge of the are was a yellow card, which wasn't awarded. Again no one in the commentary picked up on it.
Willian picked up a bit, and there was a moment when ESR had willian free to his left looked at him and went looking for pepe on the right. Willian looked pissed, but when a player 12 years your junior doesn't pass to you, because he doesn't trust you then you need to pick up your game. I think willian may start playing better.
Martinelli needs to be moved to the striker role. Lacazette has picked up recently but seriously why cross the ball to him to head? He knows he won't win a header against most CB and he appears to get frustrated by it. Martinelli is taller and better in the air. He scored 10 goals last season playing through the middle, its time to give him a run to support Lacazette, ahead of Eddie.
Leno has improved from last season, seems to have reduced the unforced errors. Better judgement and decision making. We are a better team than United and had we been at full strength we'd have bagged 3 points.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Nos89 wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:46 pm
augie wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:02 pm
Have to say that I would have taken the draw beforehand when I heard that our 3 best players were out, so I cant complain about the result, and I do think that by and large we worked hard

Bellend is a useless c.unt - I know that many lambasted willian when he came on, but for me he was 100 times better than bellend. The c.unt never looks forward when he gets the ball, is incapable or afraid to tackle with his feet (you cannot tackle with your arms man :roll: ), and looks like a demented fool when the ball comes his way as a full on panic sets in

Luiz played well no doubt, but I thought that holding was better - cleared every corner that came into the box, tackled and blocked well, and generally looked solid defensively. What about that 40 yard pass to laca as well :shock: :shock:

Cedric has settled in well and is proof that players need time when they come into a team and cannot be expected to hit the ground running if they havent seen much game time. He should be first choice right back when Tierney comes back, but I think that we all know that wont happen :roll:

Doesnt seem to been mentioned at all, but that was an outstanding save by leno from fred's shot in the first half
I was expecting a win.Thought we played the better and wanted to win it more than they did. Maguire and Fernandes shoud have both been sent off. Can't believe VAR didn't even think the challenge on xhaka was not a red card. Similarly, maguire bringing lacazette down on the edge of the are was a yellow card, which wasn't awarded. Again no one in the commentary picked up on it.
Willian picked up a bit, and there was a moment when ESR had willian free to his left looked at him and went looking for pepe on the right. Willian looked pissed, but when a player 12 years your junior doesn't pass to you, because he doesn't trust you then you need to pick up your game. I think willian may start playing better.
Martinelli needs to be moved to the striker role. Lacazette has picked up recently but seriously why cross the ball to him to head? He knows he won't win a header against most CB and he appears to get frustrated by it. Martinelli is taller and better in the air. He scored 10 goals last season playing through the middle, its time to give him a run to support Lacazette, ahead of Eddie.
Leno has improved from last season, seems to have reduced the unforced errors. Better judgement and decision making. We are a better team than United and had we been at full strength we'd have bagged 3 points.
Thanks Leno for disproving my assessment of your performance this season. Fucking awful decision making against wolves

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Leno reminds me a lot of the stupid cùnt that was Lehmann. A talented athletic keeper that could make some amazing saves, but at the same time make too many stupid decisions and unforced errors. That's why I consider both as good keepers but neither of them world class or even top class for the PL.

Lehmann cost us two CL trophies because of stupid decisions he made. And I have this awful awful feeling Leno will also cost us a trophy due to a stupid decision or unforced error. :|

Every time Martinez let's in a goal a couple of window lickers :wink: on here will pop up with "look look he let in a goal he's shit too". :yawn:

Letting in goals is not the real criteria to judge a keeper by. All keepers let in goals ffs. The game would be shit if they didn't. The real criteria is unforced errors and bad decision making. I would rate Leno and Martinez as about the same in their ability to stop a shot. But the key thing for me is Martinez makes less stupid decisions and less unforced errors.

Cue window lickers :wink: piping up with "he made a stupid decision" the next time Martinez makes one.... :yawn:

Yep all keepers make some stupid decisions or unforced errors.... the fucking point is the better ones make less of those. :idea:

Arteta made a mistake in letting Martinez leave. And people saying he should have told Martinez to stay and fight for the jersey have it the wrong way round. He should have handed Martinez the number one slot and told Leno to fight for it.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

its a disservice to mad jens, despite your not rating him highly, to say hes same level as leno. leno is ok. jens was a very good keeper in all areas 95% of the time. his brain farts were at 2 crucial times unfortunately. not on the same level as spunky, but was the keeper who replaced him properly. we have not replaced jens with a comparable level keeper since.

leno is quite good and could be very good but i have my doubts.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

the playing mantis wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:43 pm
its a disservice to mad jens, despite your not rating him highly, to say hes same level as leno. leno is ok. jens was a very good keeper in all areas 95% of the time. his brain farts were at 2 crucial times unfortunately. not on the same level as spunky, but was the keeper who replaced him properly. we have not replaced jens with a comparable level keeper since.

leno is quite good and could be very good but i have my doubts.
How is it a disservice? You have basically repeated what I said about him! :lol: :wink:

Also I would add it was more than 2 crucial times. He got caught out on those two high profile occasions and they had major impacts that cost us trophies.

But he was having those brain farts on a regular basis throughout his time with us. Remember the day we won the league unbeaten at the shithole? What is your outstanding memory of Lehmann that day? I know what mine is. Getting in a childish spat with pikey Keane and giving away a penno unnecessarily.

We are about to make history here Jens but don't you worry about that you go and risk it all you fucking buffoon. :x :roll:

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

i think jens is twice the keeper leno is, thats my beef!

as for that penno at the lane, that was not in a million years a penno. if my memory serves correct the whistle hadn't even gone for the corner to be taken, and that pikey was standing on his toes and jens merely pushed him away. handbags that occurs at loads of corners and never before or since have i seen a penalty given for that.

am i mistaken in thinking the whistle hadnt gone, if so can it even legally be a penalty? yes card and then the corner should have occurred. Even if the whistle had gone, i'm sure the corner hadnt been taken, so again a massively harsh penalty.

maybe i was too pissed to remember clearly but the above has always rankled with me.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:19 pm

as for that penno at the lane, that was not in a million years a penno. if my memory serves correct the whistle hadn't even gone for the corner to be taken, and that pikey was standing on his toes and jens merely pushed him away. handbags that occurs at loads of corners and never before or since have i seen a penalty given for that.

am i mistaken in thinking the whistle hadnt gone, if so can it even legally be a penalty? yes card and then the corner should have occurred. Even if the whistle had gone, i'm sure the corner hadnt been taken, so again a massively harsh penalty.

maybe i was too pissed to remember clearly but the above has always rankled with me.
I think you are correct, unless the ref waited till the corner had been taken and then blew up

Another one in the catologue of absolute bollocks decisions we are had over the years.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

All this brings to mind a game in the 80/81 season against Ipswich at Highbury. Ipswich were battling for the title with Villa that season.

We were 1-0 up and Ipswich had a corner. One of our defenders tried to clear it (think it was Willie Young) and ended up on the ground. Paul Mariner picked up the loose ball and in doing so accidentally trod on Willie's head and went down. Ref gives a penalty and the score ends up at 1-1.

I had a great view of it from the North Bank and went apoplectic at the decision. One of those incidents that I don't think I'll ever forget for the sheer farce of it. :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:19 pm

Whether it was legal or not isn't the point mate. The fact is his stupid carry on could have prevented the team from making history that day. It was indicative of his attitude, his stupidity, and his arrogant selfishness. Instead of ignoring Keane's provocation he reacted selfishly only thinking of himself. And it wasn't a one off incident. I can forgive a one off. But he had numerous incidents. Remember his embarrassing diving competition with Dogbreath?

The guy was a fucking moron.

I do agree though that he was a better keeper than Leno but then I never said that they were the same level. I said Leno reminded me of Lehmann in that both could be brilliant on occasion but both were deeply flawed and just as Lehmann cost us two CL trophies through stupidity, I am positive that Leno will also cost us a trophy. It's those flaws in both that makes me rate them as good keepers but never great keepers.