Manurine stained Y fronts H Sat 30th Jan KO 1730

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: Manurine stained Y fronts H Sat 30th Jan KO 1730

Post by augie »

Have to say that I would have taken the draw beforehand when I heard that our 3 best players were out, so I cant complain about the result, and I do think that by and large we worked hard

Bellend is a useless c.unt - I know that many lambasted willian when he came on, but for me he was 100 times better than bellend. The c.unt never looks forward when he gets the ball, is incapable or afraid to tackle with his feet (you cannot tackle with your arms man :roll: ), and looks like a demented fool when the ball comes his way as a full on panic sets in

Luiz played well no doubt, but I thought that holding was better - cleared every corner that came into the box, tackled and blocked well, and generally looked solid defensively. What about that 40 yard pass to laca as well :shock: :shock:

Cedric has settled in well and is proof that players need time when they come into a team and cannot be expected to hit the ground running if they havent seen much game time. He should be first choice right back when Tierney comes back, but I think that we all know that wont happen :roll:

Doesnt seem to been mentioned at all, but that was an outstanding save by leno from fred's shot in the first half

John F

Post by John F »

Natural Born Gooner wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:44 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:34 pm
Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:32 pm
Good I hate those *word censored*. They're so shit, and if we'd had our full team out and Partey was a bit more with it, we'd have won!!

Maguire is such a fucking bonehead, that elbow and then ducking under Lacazette. Enjoy your criminal record!

I'd have gone crazy if they'd scored after Laca getting fouled and not ref waving play on.

Pepe - better, Willian - better, Xhaka - better! Holding and Luiz looking solid! Lacazette was busting a gut and chasing them down all game!

Bellerin is so painfully crap, I shit a kidney whenever he's got the ball. Too lightweight, wish PSG would make us an offer on him again!

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Willian was the worst player on the pitch....a TOTAL Liability who offers nothing and gives even less.
Maybe I should have expanded. He set up those 2 chances early in the 2nd half, won a few fouls around the edge of their box, did some defensive work when needed, ,and didn't give away the ball as cheaply as he normally Granted, nothing spectacular but on the whole he didn't fuck up as was expected. Slightly better than utterly shit in summary!

And he was like Maldini and Cryuff rolled into one compared to Bellerin, who was easily the worst player on the by a country mile!
Willian wasn't as bad as usual but he does slow the game down when he ambles into position.I saw a frustrated Cedric with the ball pointing at an area for him to run on as Willian was slowly jogging beside him.I agree about the fashion model he was useless.

augie

Post by augie »

I too thought that willian had improved somewhat tonight - not good enough by any means, but did show more energy and pace, and did work hard for the team.
Pepe too had a much improved performance in the first half, but in the second half he was missing for large parts.
I also thought that smith-rowe wasnt in the game enough in the first half, but was very involved in second half and we improved as a team on the back of that

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

augie wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:02 pm
Have to say that I would have taken the draw beforehand when I heard that our 3 best players were out, so I cant complain about the result, and I do think that by and large we worked hard

Bellend is a useless c.unt - I know that many lambasted willian when he came on, but for me he was 100 times better than bellend. The c.unt never looks forward when he gets the ball, is incapable or afraid to tackle with his feet (you cannot tackle with your arms man :roll: ), and looks like a demented fool when the ball comes his way as a full on panic sets in

Luiz played well no doubt, but I thought that holding was better - cleared every corner that came into the box, tackled and blocked well, and generally looked solid defensively. What about that 40 yard pass to laca as well :shock: :shock:

Cedric has settled in well and is proof that players need time when they come into a team and cannot be expected to hit the ground running if they havent seen much game time. He should be first choice right back when Tierney comes back, but I think that we all know that wont happen :roll:

Doesnt seem to been mentioned at all, but that was an outstanding save by leno from fred's shot in the first half
There aren't enough words to describe how much of a c.unt Bellerin is - but he's our "captain" and another favourite of his. The only consolation today is that a goal didn't come from that side of the field, but watching the silly c.unt tripping over his own feet towards the end and trying his best to present them with a chance was a stark reminder of what an absolute tool he is

Sutch2

Post by Sutch2 »

That Fernandes is a diving, dirty little *word censored*. How the fuck was that a foul on the edge of our box when he took that shot? He fucking fell over from the force of hitting it (and diving), apparently Partey's arm slightly flailing caused enough of a breeze to knock him over. *word censored*. Just before, Cedric hitting him in the face with his arm and getting booked, but then moments later, Fernandes rakes his studs down the back of Xhaka's ankle and gets away scott free. What a dirty, media darling *word censored*, you can bet if that were the other way around, Xhaka would've been off.

Apart from one good run through their midfield in the first half, Partey was dissappointing.

As for that golden Willian chance shortly after he came on - fucking hell. I was undewhelmed when we signed him, but fucking hell. He should be putting that away every time - why'd he wait so long to hit it?

Talking of taking so long, one thing I'll say is, as good as Holding (and Luiz) were tonight, a couple of minutes from the end, a ball came into our box and after initially hitting one of our players I think, Holding just fucking strolled to the ball while Cavani was right next to him. I'm assuming he somehow didn't know Cavani was there as he took his jolly fucking time in clearing it - in the end he couldn't clear it as he was closed down from the front and side, my heart was fucking going.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Fair result. Could watch ESR play all day. Constant movement. Brave. Quick. Great first touch. A one two player which I love & has a football brain. The complete package & will only get better. Tierny at LB & Cedric to RB & we would have won this one. Give Auba the rest of the season off. We don't need him - Play Martinelli instead. :barscarf: :barscarf:

shu

Post by shu »

Haven’t been on here tonight but I would imagine there has been the usual slaggings off .
Ok I think we have come a long way since Xmas and the points and goals against reflect this . A draw is not a bad result against a team one week ago that were top. They are not much if anything better than us .
It maintains our current good form and when did we last get 4 pts against them .
Pepe showed a bit of promise , both ESR and Partey are class and the dodgy defence is on a decent run .

shu

Post by shu »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:26 pm
A game that really deserved an empty ground.
And a comment that really doesn’t deserve acknowledgment, if you can’t see positives from this game and the last few weeks god help you , actually don’t.
4 weeks ago we were considering a relegation fight but certain players have at last got their fling finger out . Not to say it will last but if you can’t anything about extending the current good run I really wouldn’t bother .

augie

Post by augie »

Ray C wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:38 pm
Fair result. Could watch ESR play all day. Constant movement. Brave. Quick. Great first touch. A one two player which I love & has a football brain. The complete package & will only get better. Tierny at LB & Cedric to RB & we would have won this one. Give Auba the rest of the season off. We don't need him - Play Martinelli instead. :barscarf: :barscarf:

I cant see martinelli staying around with arteta long - to me it appears that arteta prefers willian and is too eager to sub/drop martinelli, and as I said about guendouzi's reaction to be dropped for xhaka, young players wont tolerate being dropped for older players who arent as good

greengooner

Post by greengooner »

Wasn’t confident when I saw the starting 11, happy enough with the point, pretty even match, neither side deserved the win

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

shu wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:01 pm
Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:26 pm
A game that really deserved an empty ground.
And a comment that really doesn’t deserve acknowledgment, if you can’t see positives from this game and the last few weeks god help you , actually don’t.
4 weeks ago we were considering a relegation fight but certain players have at last got their fling finger out . Not to say it will last but if you can’t anything about extending the current good run I really wouldn’t bother .
It was more to do with the fact that a nil-nil between these two teams sort of sums up the last year of Covid-19 empty stadia. Almost as if a nil-nil needs to be played in front of an empty ground but by all means, have a go at me if that makes you feel better.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Linda is the worst right back we've ever had. Think about that. The worst. :x :oops:

For us to progress Gibb-Lite has to get rid of Linda, Huff n Puff, and Xhakatard. Immediately.

A draw was probably fair. Both sides had ok spells, both sides looked ropey, both could have won it.

We took 4 point from 6 against the plastics this season. Back in the day a Wenger team would have taken all 6 and scored a few goals too. Also back in the more recent day a Wenger side would have taken zero points and let in 5 or 6 goals per game against them. :roll: :lol:

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Clummo99 wrote:
A fair result in a draw I'd say. Particularly with the players we had missing and Partey having a bit of a stinker.

Don't think Holding missed a single header tonight. Seemed to clear every corner that they had.

The usual thankless workrate from Laca too.
Laca would be my MOTM

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:34 pm
Good I hate those *word censored*. They're so shit, and if we'd had our full team out and Partey was a bit more with it, we'd have won!!

Maguire is such a fucking bonehead, that elbow and then ducking under Lacazette. Enjoy your criminal record!

I'd have gone crazy if they'd scored after Laca getting fouled and not ref waving play on.

Pepe - better, Willian - better, Xhaka - better! Holding and Luiz looking solid! Lacazette was busting a gut and chasing them down all game!

Bellerin is so painfully crap, I shit a kidney whenever he's got the ball. Too lightweight, wish PSG would make us an offer on him again!

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Willian was the worst player on the pitch....a TOTAL Liability who offers nothing and gives even less.
Willian was poor and lacked any conviction....but Arteta took off Martinelli at half time for Willian......thats incredible, with the game opening up more in the second half
Seriously think Arteta will mis manage both Partey and Martinelli....this action can only dent his confidence...willian has been complete crap all season

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

augie wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:02 pm

Agreed about bellerin...Arteta makes him captain...what the fuck is that ?
As previous serious concerns about Arteta judgement and decision making