Wolverhampton Wanksocks A Tue 2nd Feb KO 6pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: Wolverhampton Wanksocks A Tue 2nd Feb KO 6pm

Post by augie »

I think that people need to stop with this notion that cedric and tierney will be our first choice full back pairing - bellend is number one right back for pep's cone boy, and unless he is injured, suspended or dead he will be starting

Gunnerz4life

Post by Gunnerz4life »

rodders999 wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:52 pm
The double jeopardy rule is divided into two parts - 1. giving the benefit to a player who makes a genuine attempt to win the ball and 2. seriously punishing the player who makes no attempt to win it.

That way a player who mistimes a tackle by a fraction of a second, just missing the ball and bringing someone down doesn’t get the double punishment of a red card and a penalty, but the player who scythes someone down when going through on goal gets the maximum punishment of both.

It’s actually a very good rule but what happened tonight made a complete fucking abortion of it.

Because side show made no attempt to win the ball (because he did fuck all but run back) he gets put in the same category as the player who purposely cleans out the attacker going through.

They are taking the term “‘making no attempt to win the ball” and using it fucking literally when that was never the intention of the law.

Dragging someone down or hacking their ankles is what making no attempt to win the ball means, but they’ve now adjudged not making any challenge at all as “making no attempt to win the ball”.

That is taking the rule and applying completely fucked up logic to it. Because you haven’t done anything then you haven’t made an attempt to win the ball? Are you fucking kidding me?
I think the issue here was once the ref had already decided it was a foul and penalty, they could only categorize the tackle or the lack of it as a "making no attempt to win the ball". Would categorizing the tackle or the lack of it as an "accidental collision" justify the penalty being awarded? Probably not. I think that is why the VAR check was so quick as they were only checking if there was contact. In my view it is not a clear and obvious error and it should have neither being a penalty and nor a red card.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

What I expected to happen (especially after the referee told Luiz not to leave the pitch as there was a check taking place) was the penalty to be given but no red card.

It would still have been a setback for sure but considering the way we were playing and 11 v 11 in the second half I would have still fancied us to take all 3 points, so to then award both a penalty and a red card was complete bollocks as far as I'm concerned.

Midz

Post by Midz »

rodders999 wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:45 pm
What I expected to happen (especially after the referee told Luiz not to leave the pitch as there was a check taking place) was the penalty to be given but no red card.

It would still have been a setback for sure but considering the way we were playing and 11 v 11 in the second half I would have still fancied us to take all 3 points, so to then award both a penalty and a red card was complete bollocks as far as I'm concerned.
agreed.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:22 pm
Confirmed: Arsenal are appealing David Luiz's red card against Wolves last night.

More on @standardsport shortly.
If the appeal fails does it mean a bigger ban?? Every cloud n that cos he's a fucking liability

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

augie wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:22 pm
I think that people need to stop with this notion that cedric and tierney will be our first choice full back pairing - bellend is number one right back for pep's cone boy, and unless he is injured, suspended or dead he will be starting
Sad and very true augie :cry: I wonder if bean burger boys nationality has anything to do with the obvious favouritism :rubchin: it would also explain why he took that useless *word censored* Getafe back on loan :rubchin:

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

augie wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:22 pm
It's hope rather than a notion

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:01 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:58 pm
Are we really saying this is a red card offence?
Come on.

Are we really saying it was great defending from the three plodders in the picture, gift wrapping him a chance and forcing the inevitable situation of either a goal or a red?

Honestly mate - David Luiz is 34 fucking years old. Will he ever learn????
Is the bear who shirts in the woods a Catholic?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Clummo99 wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:29 pm
People are slating Luiz for the red card but he holds no fault for this particular one. Forget all his past aborations for a moment and judge this one on it's own merit. Surely nobody can agree that his non-challenge is worthy of a red.

Have to agree with you Clummo, on this occasion Luiz is not to blame. How many times have we all slated him for doing the wrong thing, like he did against the chavs and got sent off.

This time he didn't do anything wrong and yet still ends up being red carded, the persons in the wrong was the ref Craig Pawson (absolutely shocking performance by him and let's not forget when we played the scousefilth when Mane elbowed Tierney in the face and the same ref waved player don and didn't even check with VAR).

And this same utterCUNT allowed the game to continue 2 full minutes over the allotted extra time in the first half, he put the whistle to his gob to blow up and then as Wolves went through from the long ball, he removed it. It wouldn't surprise me if his bank balance is a lot healthier today.

I am proud of how the team played in the first half, it was the ref who screwed us, NOT Luiz and NOT Arteta, though of course the usual suspects are blaming him.

The only from the first half negative for me was that we were 3 up instead of just the 1.

Wolves are a decent side and so after Leno's Mind Fart - we did well to keep it to only 2 - 1.

There's a reason why Fifa don't invite our refs to the world stage - They are all Shyte (Not surprising really with Mike (Fergies Gimp) Riley running the fiasco of an operation.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

So, the argument being made is that if Luiz hacked him down he'd only receive a yellow card. Yet he makes no challenge and gets a red because the attacking player clips his knee with his foot, and goes down. Diabolical decision.

So, a Southampton player make a similar challenge as Boly's on Saka, but he gets a straight red card, and Manure get a penalty, yet Arsenal don't and the player goes unpunished???

So, Leno...actually no excuse for that.

Even with 9 men I thought we'd get a result had the players actually played their normal game. Saka, ESR and Auba have the quality to do their defence. Should've been 3 up, Saka hits the post, ball bounces away from goal, Moutinho hits a 30 yarder ball hits the post and goes in. Sometimes it just doesn't go your way.
Any optimistic thoughts of getting to the top 4 disappeared last night. Top 6 will be a struggle. Basically, its all on the Europa League now.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal confirm they have been unsuccessful in appealing David Luiz's red card.

More on @standardsport

Soton player Bednerak appeal is successful so his red card overturned ,yet both offences were identical

augie

Post by augie »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:56 pm

More on @standardsport

Soton player Bednerak appeal is successful so his red card overturned ,yet both offences were identical

Fucking disgraceful - southampton were rumoured to have requested that they not have mike dean or graham scott officiate at any of their future games, so I am wondering if that has played a part in this situation.
Tbf I dont think that any club in the league (bar spurs scum) want mike dean anywhere near their games

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:56 pm

More on @standardsport

I am truly lost for words!

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

So our red is upheld while the Southampton one (for the exact same incident) is overturned.

Fucking hell they’re not even trying to hide their hatred of us anymore :roll:

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

Is the difference the fact that Bednerak kind of jumped back throwing his arms up to show he wasn't trying to make a challenge?

Obviously David Luiz didn't do this BECAUSE WAS JUST RUNNING!!