Wolverhampton Wanksocks A Tue 2nd Feb KO 6pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SteveO 35

Re: Wolverhampton Wanksocks A Tue 2nd Feb KO 6pm

Post by SteveO 35 »

goonersid wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:43 pm
Been a hard one to swallow, probably best first half performance this season.
A couple of errors from players who had been performing well recently.
A missed opportunity to move above the scum.
Still feeling positive, although keeper situation a worry with leno our for 3 games.
And apologies to Augie, sorry lad. :oops:
I'll have a glass of whatever you're having Sid.......honestly mate, the last remaining drop of hope was sucked out of me the minute that second Wolves goal went in.

Were we unlucky not to be 3-0 up in the first half? Absolutely. Saka hits the post inside the first minute, Lacazette offside by a toe cap for a great goal by Saka. I don't disagree that the first half was probably our best showing.

However, I just think we still have too many 'braindead mongs' in the side who can undo all that good work in a heartbeat and so it proved again. Luiz has been better in recent weeks but how many reds is that now......and almost always the same thing. Get the wrong side of the forward, give away a pen, get sent off.....game done. Ballerina - just roasted time and time again. Leno - does the spectacular brilliantly, does the elementary appallingly. A right back playing at left back. Xhaka absolutely anonymous and still lunging in for tackle after gormless tackle.

The hope I have is ESR, Saka, Martinelli, Tierney, Auba (of last year) and Lacazette (when the mood suits). Partey was good tonight and I'm sure will be great and I forgive the odd bad performance like last weekend while he adjusts.

However, there's still so much to undo that. We have one half decent but erratic keeper. No proper right back. One half decent CB in Gabriel still adjusting to the pace of English football. Three absolute wankers in Xhaka, Elneny and Ceballos and not much back up for ESR.......will Odegaard even get a chance to be anything than the next Kallstrom or Denis Suarez?

I need a pint glass of something positive because the shower of c.unts who let us down are still here! OK, some of them have gone but there's still too many lightweight, braindead c.unts in that list above to ruin a team with a sprinkling of decent kids

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:17 pm
Luiz never touched the player.
What is the point of VAR if it can’t pick that up?

What happened in the second half is irrelevant because the team were understandably stunned by the decision.

^^^^ THIS 1,000,000% ^^^^

Who was in charge of VAR Stevie Friggin' Wonder? CRIMINAL. :box:

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:39 pm
Arteta confirms he wants to appeal Luiz's red card.

Not sure if thts a good thing :lol:
Knowing our lack of luck the appeal will be successful :| luiz is another arsepiece I would've liked to see leave in the window..useless fucker that he is.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Both players will only miss the game against villa, 1 match ban each.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Are we really saying this is a red card offence?
Come on.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

rodders999 wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:58 pm
Are we really saying this is a red card offence?
Come on.

Are we really saying it was great defending from the three plodders in the picture, gift wrapping him a chance and forcing the inevitable situation of either a goal or a red?

Honestly mate - David Luiz is 34 fucking years old. Will he ever learn????

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

SteveO I wanted him gone last year never mind hoping we see the back of him in the summer. David Luiz has no business in any discussion on the future of Arsenal’s defence.

Having said all that he did absolutely nothing wrong in that incident for me (bar being out of position to begin with). If what happened there tonight is the correct ruling then teams need to adopt it as a tactic.

Fuck it come Saturday we should play to get a man in behind in the box have him hang his leg back until there’s contact and then go to ground. Penalty and red card.

Just play to try and get that scenario to unfold, should be easy enough to go looking for it.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Martinez would probably stop it

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

People are slating Luiz for the red card but he holds no fault for this particular one. Forget all his past aborations for a moment and judge this one on it's own merit. Surely nobody can agree that his non-challenge is worthy of a red.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

thats our bubble burst then. expect same old shite for a while.

shocking decisions but the lack of fight int he 2nd half was a disgrace, i can only hope they were so shocked by the pen/red and then the fluke goal that it stunned them. thats no real excuse though as they should be able to put it behind them and get on with the task in hand against a poor porr wolves team.

on the other hand first half was excellent, and we can only learn to react better when put in such situations...as this is a team with little character and they have to learn it somehow and maybe in adversity it will be forged, but with namby pamby ponces like bellerin and xhaka i doubt it.

lenos brain fart was inexcusable, its close but i think most accept now we sold the wrong keeper (but then that may be down to us needing the funds asap for partey and no takers for leno...we just don't know).

the substitutions were baffling and killed us as well.

there are encouraging signs but equally huge issues, so i can see both sid/clummo and steve/augies sides, we are a real conundrum of a team at moment.

biggest annoyance for me is pepe, i think hes a confidence player and could actually be a real talent when full of it and he was showing signs of it of late, but this will knock them all back.

arteta has the summer window for me. if he doesnt address the issues or try then im afraid he can do one.

John F

Post by John F »

Clummo99 wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:29 pm
People are slating Luiz for the red card but he holds no fault for this particular one. Forget all his past aborations for a moment and judge this one on it's own merit. Surely nobody can agree that his non-challenge is worthy of a red.
It wasn't and I didn't think it was a penalty. I can imagine Kane and Song are looking at that with interest.

augie

Post by augie »

Clummo99 wrote:

I thought that luiz was playing really well in the first half, and I thought that it was accidental contact cos he made no effort to tackle the guy, BUT he does hold some blame for his woeful positioning in the first place - a guy as experienced as he is, should never be caught as badly out of position as that, and as the senior player in that back 4, if he was stepping up he should have made sure the rest of the defence stepped with him

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

augie wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:34 pm
Clummo99 wrote:

I thought that luiz was playing really well in the first half, and I thought that it was accidental contact cos he made no effort to tackle the guy, BUT he does hold some blame for his woeful positioning in the first place - a guy as experienced as he is, should never be caught as badly out of position as that, and as the senior player in that back 4, if he was stepping up he should have made sure the rest of the defence stepped with him
I just knew someone would come out with this one. Why do some of you have to expand the talking point to suit your own argument. I am not talking about his positioning, I'm solely talking about the non challenge he made and the subsequent red card.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

An actual quote by @btsportfootball’s Peter Walton: “The idea of VAR is not to actually come to the correct decision

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:55 pm
An actual quote by @btsportfootball’s Peter Walton: “The idea of VAR is not to actually come to the correct decision
WTF does that even mean. Utter nonsense! :lol: