Aston Villa Vulvas Sat 6th Feb KO 1230

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Redarmy

Re: Aston Villa Vulvas Sat 6th Feb KO 1230

Post by Redarmy »

g88ner wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:53 pm
Some random thoughts on the game...

Can’t believe how easily we allowed Villa to take the lead 😠 dozy pass by Cedric, dozy defending by Gabriel, dozy marking by Holding. Sums up the clowns we have in defence... compare that to Villa’s defence putting their bodies on the line time and time again :roll:

Once that goal went in, you just knew villa would sit back and we’re shit against teams who do that as we’ve got no creativity and no presence up front. we huffed & puffed and predictably scored a blank again :oops:

Odegaard looks decent on the ball... until he shoots. Shocking. He’ll fit in well with finishing like that!

Partey stunk the place out again. Awful signing so far but clearly there’s a class player in their if he can stay fit.

Pepe has his moments but that awful first touch in stoppage time summed him up. Retard :lol:

Really worried we’re going to lose Martinelli. If Pepe is picked on the left, and Auba, and Willian... where does martinelli fit in? Signing Willian makes less sense with every passing week.
Likely he will be getting pissed off, with wankers Willian and Pepe starting all the time...only be one outcome he will become restless and loose heart

John F

Post by John F »

The only reason I can think of that Arteta picks Willian ahead of Martinelli is that he can't admit what a giant mistake it was to sign him on 220g a week and Martinelli would prove Willian just wasn't needed..Still only 2.5 years left on his contract.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Partey has been so hot and cold.

He looked like he was playing against a bunch of 12 year olds in the first half at Wolves. They couldn’t get near him, his first touch was taking 3 players out of play, it set the tempo for one of our best halves of football this season.

He absolutely stank the place out against United and again today. He is clearly ten times the player that Xhaka, Elneny or whoever the fuck plays alongside him are.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

ARROGANT ARTETA.

KROENKE DOESN'T GIVE A FLYING FUCKKK AS LONG A SHE GETS HIS BONUSES

WE ARE FUCKKED.

:cry:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Serious question can any of you look at our squad and pick a balanced starting 11 you'd trust to play a match like that, now add in 3 subs you can rely on....... no me neither, add in a woefully naive and inexperienced manager and years of neglect from an absent owner and that is modern day Arsenal, it is seriously depressing :cussing:

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:09 pm
Serious question can any of you look at our squad and pick a balanced starting 11 you'd trust to play a match like that, now add in 3 subs you can rely on....... no me neither, add in a woefully naive and inexperienced manager and years of neglect from an absent owner and that is modern day Arsenal, it is seriously depressing :cussing:
Actually, yes - put Tierney at left back and we’ve got the makings of a reasonably balanced defence and midfield.

For me, the main problem is that we have to walk the ball into the net because we don’t have a striker with any power, pace or quality in the box.

None of our strikers can head the ball, none can bully or scare the centre back and none link the play with any quality.

Auba makes runs in behind but the midfielders never play that pass so that never works. Other than that, Auba is an utter waste of space if we’re not laying on a plate for him.

What’s amusing is how all those people on here criticising Arteta for not playing Auba down the middle more aren’t quite as vocal these days :lol:

It’s a mess. Personally I’d play martinelli there as he has all the attributes needed... he can even head! Better to develop martinelli than give game time to the other 3 “strikers”

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

I know I keep harping on about this but am I fucking paranoid? Do I need a tin foil hat or what the fuck is going on????

https://twitter.com/miguelbones2/status ... 00930?s=21

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:24 pm
I know I keep harping on about this but am I fucking paranoid? Do I need a tin foil hat or what the fuck is going on????

The decisions we're getting now are no worse than under previous managers. Chambers handball at West Brom? The scandalous disallowed goal against Palace, when in the same game Zaha's dive was overturned and a penalty awarded (the first since the introduction of VAR). Dozens of them. Doesn't make any of them right. Doesn't make it any worse now either

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

rodders999 wrote:

It’s a foul but there’s pulling in the box every week. I just want consistency; is that a penalty or not? Every week will see a different verdict and it boils my piss.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

g88ner wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:32 pm
rodders999 wrote:

It’s a foul but there’s pulling in the box every week. I just want consistency; is that a penalty or not? Every week will see a different verdict and it boils my piss.
Agree there’s always pulling but it’s rare a keeper hauls someone down and even rarer that they get away with it.

Midz

Post by Midz »

didn't see the game today but it sounds like it was painful to watch.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Gooner even if Tierney had played which would have definitely improved us i'm not sure that gives us a blanced team, we still have Bellerin, Xhaka and Pepe with their obvious deficiencies, Partey who blows hot and cold and Holding and Gabriel at CB who are inconsistent. There is currently no obvious replacement for Xhaka in the role he plays, Pepe could be replaced by Martinelli or Auba and Bellerin by Cedric but i am not sure he is an upgrade but even then you are looking at serious problems with who you put on the bench as potential game changers or players you trust to see the game out. Our squad is short on good solid replacements and there is no quality in specific positions in the first place :rubchin:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:04 pm
Gooner even if Tierney had played which would have definitely improved us i'm not sure that gives us a blanced team, we still have Bellerin, Xhaka and Pepe with their obvious deficiencies, Partey who blows hot and cold and Holding and Gabriel at CB who are inconsistent. There is currently no obvious replacement for Xhaka in the role he plays, Pepe could be replaced by Martinelli or Auba and Bellerin by Cedric but i am not sure he is an upgrade but even then you are looking at serious problems with who you put on the bench as potential game changers or players you trust to see the game out. Our squad is short on good solid replacements and there is no quality in specific positions in the first place :rubchin:
That's exactly as I see it mate. Tierney improves us by a long way but it doesn't correct any of those other deficiencies that you've highlighted. We haven't had a decent right back since Sagna left. Bellerin is a converted winger that pre-injury had bags of pace to get him out of trouble, That long since disappeared and has never been put right by any of the last three permanent managers. Everyone's gone nuts about Gabriel but its early days and I don't think he's looked the same since COVID - understandably so. Even if he does make a full recover, who is the natural partner? Luiz? Holding? Neither are good enough for me.

Partey still has to prove it and we all hope (and think) that he will, but none of the three to partner him are good enough.

Up front I still think Lacazette blows hot and cold - he's almost like Giroud in that he has a run of games where he looks like he's turned the corner, but can have a dozen games where he looks woeful. Something has gone off in Auba's head and Nketiah will never be good enough

When you look at it that way, I think there's at least four positions 'missing' that mean even with everyone fit, its not a balanced team

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Well that’s the weekend well and truly fucked then isn’t it. My advice? Have a go on the cans and then have a go on the missus.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

The days of my whole weekend being ruined by an Arsenal loss are gone Rodders.