Aston Villa Vulvas Sat 6th Feb KO 1230

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Re: Aston Villa Vulvas Sat 6th Feb KO 1230

Post by StuartL »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:52 pm
g88ner wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:32 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:24 pm
I know I keep harping on about this but am I fucking paranoid? Do I need a tin foil hat or what the fuck is going on????

https://twitter.com/miguelbones2/status ... 00930?s=21
It’s a foul but there’s pulling in the box every week. I just want consistency; is that a penalty or not? Every week will see a different verdict and it boils my piss.
Agree there’s always pulling but it’s rare a keeper hauls someone down and even rarer that they get away with it.
100% that would be a penalty against us....

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Herd wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:10 pm
I'm beginning to think that Arsene Wenger is a shape shifter and has kidnapped Mikel Arteta, and has made a clone of his body and is back to haunt us ,watch him closely in case the mask slips !
You only have to look at who was Arteta’s manager when he was coming to an end of his playing career, the style of football being played - with him the main instigator of the safe, backwards, under no pressure, keep ball at all costs mentality.

I do think he genuinely has fallen in love with AFC and wants to get us back up there - but he isn’t going to be the one to do it.

We have, finally, got rid of some of the deadwood, Bellerin, Xhaka, Willian must follow and Martinelli has to be given as much chance as Saka and ESR have had and change the slow paced crap that is so boring to watch.

Herd

Post by Herd »

Also on Saturday I thought it would be great to see a fast box to box Midfielder that can chip in with a goal or an assist now and then ,several mins elapses and hey presto I saw one ,his name was Willock he's new at Newcastle but he looked good and apparently English. he looked vaguely familiar too ,perhaps we should be going after this type of player instead of all these john e. foreigner types ! :shock: :shock: :shock:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Herd wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:28 pm
Also on Saturday I thought it would be great to see a fast box to box Midfielder that can chip in with a goal or an assist now and then ,several mins elapses and hey presto I saw one ,his name was Willock he's new at Newcastle but he looked good and apparently English. he looked vaguely familiar too ,perhaps we should be going after this type of player instead of all these john e. foreigner types ! :shock: :shock: :shock:
Jeez I think I saw his twin being a complete fucking donkey every single game at a team called Arsenal.

Herd

Post by Herd »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:30 pm
Herd wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:28 pm
Jeez I think I saw his twin being a complete fucking donkey every single game at a team called Arsenal.
I actually c aught more than a few glimpses this season to show me he could make it and then Artetta binned him again !
You could see he wasn't match fit and faded last 20 mins but he made a great effort and was a constant thorn in Southamptons side yesterday

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

markyp wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:11 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:51 pm
markyp wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:37 pm
So much hysteria,so much bitching about the players not being good enough,really? So youd swap our squad for west ham? Everton? Leicester? hand on heart not a chance,weve cleared away the alleged dead wood the last 3 transfer windows and still the results arent any better. No team has had a team of worldys, every team has its water carriers,you think jordan Henderson would boss it in our midfield? We have a very decent squad right now probably the best and most balanced for years, a decent manager would have us fighting for the title this season and comfortably top 4 with those players.weve had 15 years of ' the players not being good enough,surely it cant be 15 years of buying crap? Everytime we whinge about the players not being good enough we sound more and more like united supporters,that same squad that wasnt good enough 3 months ago and for the last 2 years are now title challengers
There is no doubt that a decent manager would get better out of this group. There are still glaring gaps in the squad but if you offered any of the teams from 5th downwards Aubameyang, Lacazette, Saka, ESR and Martinelli as a group of attacking players they'd take it. Leno is on par with any of the top keepers bar Allison, and Tierney and Partey are top 4 players

Arteta has taken us backwards and that's a fact. Everton were below us by a distance when Ancelotti and he were appointed in the same month. Now they're 5 points above us with 3 games in hand and none of their players are as good as the list above. The big difference is the manager, who is absolutely streets ahead and proved it over three decades. Get that, Everton appointed a top manager, we appointed someone with 2 years coaching. And Josh Kroenke had the cheek to talk about our ambition
Exactly Steveo! when will the club knock this pet project on the head though? Arteta isnt going anywhere anytime soon,whilst we prat about another top manager in Tuchel has been lost to us,that leaves at present one top top manager available in Allegri,you can bet come summer he will be off to spurs or united
Just have a look at Leicester's team sheet today mate to emphasise the point - Jonny Evans and Soyuncu at centre half, Ayoze Perez and Iheanacho in the starting line up, along with Choudhry and Harvey Barnes. We paid £27m for a centre half in the Summer, and £27m the season before and then loaned him out. Would anyone of sane mind take any of their attacking players apart from Steptoe over any of ours? Ayoze Perez FFS!

And yet there they are 12 points ahead of us and still with an outside shot at the title

Now, before anyone says anything.....I'm not advocating that I want Brenda as our manager, but he's still leagues ahead of El Beige and would get a better outcome from the players we have currently

Ernie71

Post by Ernie71 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:01 pm
markyp wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 8:11 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:51 pm
markyp wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:37 pm
So much hysteria,so much bitching about the players not being good enough,really? So youd swap our squad for west ham? Everton? Leicester? hand on heart not a chance,weve cleared away the alleged dead wood the last 3 transfer windows and still the results arent any better. No team has had a team of worldys, every team has its water carriers,you think jordan Henderson would boss it in our midfield? We have a very decent squad right now probably the best and most balanced for years, a decent manager would have us fighting for the title this season and comfortably top 4 with those players.weve had 15 years of ' the players not being good enough,surely it cant be 15 years of buying crap? Everytime we whinge about the players not being good enough we sound more and more like united supporters,that same squad that wasnt good enough 3 months ago and for the last 2 years are now title challengers
There is no doubt that a decent manager would get better out of this group. There are still glaring gaps in the squad but if you offered any of the teams from 5th downwards Aubameyang, Lacazette, Saka, ESR and Martinelli as a group of attacking players they'd take it. Leno is on par with any of the top keepers bar Allison, and Tierney and Partey are top 4 players

Arteta has taken us backwards and that's a fact. Everton were below us by a distance when Ancelotti and he were appointed in the same month. Now they're 5 points above us with 3 games in hand and none of their players are as good as the list above. The big difference is the manager, who is absolutely streets ahead and proved it over three decades. Get that, Everton appointed a top manager, we appointed someone with 2 years coaching. And Josh Kroenke had the cheek to talk about our ambition
Exactly Steveo! when will the club knock this pet project on the head though? Arteta isnt going anywhere anytime soon,whilst we prat about another top manager in Tuchel has been lost to us,that leaves at present one top top manager available in Allegri,you can bet come summer he will be off to spurs or united
Just have a look at Leicester's team sheet today mate to emphasise the point - Jonny Evans and Soyuncu at centre half, Ayoze Perez and Iheanacho in the starting line up, along with Choudhry and Harvey Barnes. We paid £27m for a centre half in the Summer, and £27m the season before and then loaned him out. Would anyone of sane mind take any of their attacking players apart from Steptoe over any of ours? Ayoze Perez FFS!

And yet there they are 12 points ahead of us and still with an outside shot at the title

Now, before anyone says anything.....I'm not advocating that I want Brenda as our manager, but he's still leagues ahead of El Beige and would get a better outcome from the players we have currently

I would take 3 of Leicester's back 4 i would keep Tierney. Tielemans and Madison would walk into our team they both pass the ball forward and score goals remember we used to have midfielders who used to do that.
We could have got Evans for £3m when he was at WBA but of course Wenger knew better and bought Mustafi for £35m

Leno
Ricardo Evans Söyüncü Tierney
Tielemans Partey Madison Saka
Vardy Martinelli

SPARKSY

Post by SPARKSY »

shu wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:57 pm
Herd wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 7:10 pm
I'm beginning to think that Arsene Wenger is a shape shifter and has kidnapped Mikel Arteta, and has made a clone of his body and is back to haunt us ,watch him closely in case the mask slips !
Had the misfortune to get wengers book at Xmas , what a boring read , what a boring person , so the gro7nd move meant we never had a pot to piss in
Arteta is a Wenger clone. He talks about how much possession we have in a game but forgets to look at the all important scoreline.

SPARKSY

Post by SPARKSY »

10 league defeats already this season. Our worst season since 83-84. Let that one sink in.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SPARKSY wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:10 am
10 league defeats already this season. Our worst season since 83-84. Let that one sink in.
Is it really? Ten? Jesus I honestly thought it was 6 or 7. That's how demotivated I've become with Modern Arsenal, the stuff I'd have known off by heart years ago barely registers nowadays. :|

Wenger, The Lizard, and the wig paedo have fucking all but killed my love for the game and the club. Barry Gibb-Lite ain't fucking helping either! :censored: :x

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:04 am
SPARKSY wrote:
Is it really? Ten? Jesus I honestly thought it was 6 or 7. That's how demotivated I've become with Modern Arsenal, the stuff I'd have known off by heart years ago barely registers nowadays. :|

Wenger, The Lizard, and the wig paedo have fucking all but killed my love for the game and the club. Barry Gibb-Lite ain't fucking helping either! :censored: :x

The last two defeats have absolutely kicked tghe wind out of me for different reasons - imo fans can take their pick...... either arteta prefers older players like willian over the likes of martinelli, or he actually believes that willian can bring more to the team that martinelli. The first option is shocking, but the second option is "scary lets throw in the towel now" option. Edu and the people that run the club have firmly attached themselves to the arteta project, so they too deserve the bullet when reality hits home that this project is failing and failing bad. The fact that 4 teams below us can overtake us should they win their games in hand is being totally swept under the carpet, and maybe we need to see those teams overtake us to bring the truer picture into focus - half the teams in the division have played less games than us and that is skewing what is really happening. The run of fixtures we have coming up after leeds is shit in your pants time, and those easy fixtures that contributed to this "great recovery run of form" we have been credited with, will be a distant memory if we are to go on a losing run with games against city, leicester and the scum upcoming (plus away to a burnley team that have already done a job on us :oops: ). How far can this team drop ? Under arteta god knows, but if we start plummeting with these snowflakes heaven help us

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 12:54 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:04 am
SPARKSY wrote:

The last two defeats have absolutely kicked tghe wind out of me for different reasons - imo fans can take their pick...... either arteta prefers older players like willian over the likes of martinelli, or he actually believes that willian can bring more to the team that martinelli. The first option is shocking, but the second option is "scary lets throw in the towel now" option. Edu and the people that run the club have firmly attached themselves to the arteta project, so they too deserve the bullet when reality hits home that this project is failing and failing bad. The fact that 4 teams below us can overtake us should they win their games in hand is being totally swept under the carpet, and maybe we need to see those teams overtake us to bring the truer picture into focus - half the teams in the division have played less games than us and that is skewing what is really happening. The run of fixtures we have coming up after leeds is shit in your pants time, and those easy fixtures that contributed to this "great recovery run of form" we have been credited with, will be a distant memory if we are to go on a losing run with games against city, leicester and the scum upcoming (plus away to a burnley team that have already done a job on us :oops: ). How far can this team drop ? Under arteta god knows, but if we start plummeting with these snowflakes heaven help us
By luck rather than design we won't fall too far. Despite the hysterical SlySports myth, the PL is just not that competitive. I do agree though we have some grim results coming to us in the next few weeks.

But that does not excuse the absolute abattoir of a club we have become. I still cannot believe a club the size of the Arsenal appointed a novice with NOT ONE DAY'S EXPERIENCE of management at any level as our manager. :shock: No other top club would do it.

We need an absolute cull at the club. We need to get rid of the Wiggy Racoon Headed cùnt, the Edu cùnt, Martinez-Lite, half the players..... :|

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:23 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 5:36 pm
I was watching the first half of the rugger there (don’t judge :wink: ) and now I'm obsessed with cock and having my arse fingered by fat blokes.
:shock:

Oh ffs roddaz. You GAYBO towel flicker. :( :x

:shock: :shock: :shock:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:52 pm
g88ner wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:32 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:24 pm
I know I keep harping on about this but am I fucking paranoid? Do I need a tin foil hat or what the fuck is going on????

https://twitter.com/miguelbones2/status ... 00930?s=21
It’s a foul but there’s pulling in the box every week. I just want consistency; is that a penalty or not? Every week will see a different verdict and it boils my piss.
Agree there’s always pulling but it’s rare a keeper hauls someone down and even rarer that they get away with it.
Martinez was missing Lacazette so much he wanted to do a shirt swap with him mid-game.