Who's your favourite pundit? Not a poll!

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
goonersid

Who's your favourite pundit? Not a poll!

Post by goonersid »

Sorry DB10, I know you like a poll😉 but just thought who are Gooners favourites?
It's Wrighty for me, unashamedly biased to the Arse, will always make my top 10 Arsenal players!

Clummo99

Re: Who's your favourite pundit? Not a poll!

Post by Clummo99 »

Wrighty for me too without a doubt.

Co-commentators....

because I watch my football using non UK sources I don't have to suffer the Sky, BT and BBC wànkers like McManamanamanan, Murphy etc.

Matt Upson and Efan Ekoku are much, much better imo.

And not a female to be heard!! :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

Taking off my Gooner hat and I will 100% say souness - the most honest straight talking pundit out there imo

Best former Gooner - maybe Big Tone ? Keown is an utter cock, wrighty tries to be funny all the time and comes off looking like a cock, smudger and dicko frequently seem to have forgotten their Gooner history and are too vanilla as well.

Merson is an absolute braindead di.ckhead - a guy who thinks that he is funny, but in reality would struggle if asked to do primary school exams, and is an attention seeking cock all the time :evil: :censored:

augie

Post by augie »

Clummo99 wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:25 pm

Co-commentators....

because I watch my football using non UK sources I don't have to suffer the Sky, BT and BBC wànkers like McManamanamanan, Murphy etc.

Have to say that there are/were two female pundits that I would like and respect - hells bells (chamberlain) always seemed to know her stuff on soccer am back when I used to watch some of it, and there is a female pundit that is on sky every saturday afternoon as one of the reporters giving game updates. She has been on sky for the past few seasons and always seems clued in and not full of cliche's, and reports on the game like a football person not as a woman (if you know what I mean)

Edit - just found the name of the woman on sky I was talking about is bianca westwood 8)

Michelle Owen is a decent reporter too I think
Last edited by augie on Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

augie wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:27 pm
Taking off my Gooner hat and I will 100% say souness - the most honest straight talking pundit out there imo

Best former Gooner - maybe Big Tone ? Keown is an utter cock, wrighty tries to be funny all the time and comes off looking like a cock, smudger and dicko frequently seem to have forgotten their Gooner history and are too vanilla as well.

Merson is an absolute braindead di.ckhead - a guy who thinks that he is funny, but in reality would struggle if asked to do primary school exams, and is an attention seeking cock all the time :evil: :censored:
Can't slag Wrighty Augie!! That's racist! :x

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Alex Scott obviously, I just want to slip inside that so badly.

Champagne Charlie always comes across as a genuine supporter of the club.

Absolutely loved when Frank McLintock was on Soccer Saturday, a true gooner, a gentleman and a 100% bone fide Arsenal legend.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

augie wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:40 pm
Clummo99 wrote:

Co-commentators....

Have to say that there are/were two female pundits that I would like and respect - hells bells (chamberlain) always seemed to know her stuff on soccer am back when I used to watch some of it, and there is a female pundit that is on sky every saturday afternoon as one of the reporters giving game updates. She has been on sky for the past few seasons and always seems clued in and not full of cliche's, and reports on the game like a football person not as a woman (if you know what I mean)

Edit - just found the name of the woman on sky I was talking about is bianca westwood 8)

There are a couple of female presenters that are pretty good. Rebecca Lowe on NBC Sports in particular. Optus Sports (Australia), Spark Sport (New Zealand) and Supersport (South Africa) are pretty male dominated though.

I can't comment on Sky and BT women as I haven't had to watch that shite for years now! :lol:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Clummo99 wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:50 pm
augie wrote:
Clummo99 wrote:

Co-commentators....

There are a couple of female presenters that are pretty good. Rebecca Lowe on NBC Sports in particular. Optus Sports (Australia), Spark Sport (New Zealand) and Supersport (South Africa) are pretty male dominated though.

I can't comment on Sky and BT women as I haven't had to watch that shite for years now! :lol:
WTF !! Female presenters? Are you taking the fecking piss and michael owen! :banghead: you should be banned lad!

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

I read it as Michael Owen first time too :lol:

Now off to do some research on Michelle Owen, will report on my findings.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

goonersid wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:04 pm
Clummo99 wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:50 pm
augie wrote:
Clummo99 wrote:

Co-commentators....

WTF !! Female presenters? Are you taking the fecking piss and michael owen! :banghead: you should be banned lad!
Nah, Rebecca Lowe knows her place, she only presents. Any questions and observations are left to the real football people, the men. :lol:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Much as I hated the c.unt as a player, I do enjoy a bit of Keano especially when he's laying into one of the teams I hate. Too many PC pundits out there while he just says what we'd say down the pub if we saw players play as badly. There was a little montage of clips on Sky Sports during which he called Aurier and Rose "dumb and dumber", told Evra he'd be "swinging punches at De Gea" and laid into Jordan Pickford and said "I don't care" when one of the Sky knobs pointed out he was the England keeper

Souness is pretty good too.

To be honest all of them on BBC MOTD and BT are absolute c.unts with the obvious exception of Wrighty. We now have a sweepstake at Chez SteveO when Keown's on to find the time of the first mention of what Arsene Wenger used to do in certain situations - usually whoever has 1-10 minutes win......fucking arsepipe!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Can I just be a tad controversial here and say I fucking hate Karen Carney? :censored:

I also fucking hate the empty mind-wiped vapid wannabe-celebbidee that is Alex Scott. :censored:

I also (in no particular order) detest:

1. Jug Ears Linnekar.
2. Chris "PLEASE FUCKING ACKNOWLEDGE ME DADDY" Kamara.
3. chav loving thick cùnt Merson.
4. Race card Evra.
5. Spit the Scouse.
6. Robbie "if only Ozil ran around that much" Savage. :wink:
7. EVERY SINGLE CÙNT ON BT.
8. The lezzer scouse bird.
9. Clinton fucking feel me blud fam Morrison.
10. Spiv Neville.
11. The fucking loser whose catchphrase is "And its live!".
12. All women pundits. All of them. Stay with your own vapid watered down version of the game ffs.
13. Martin "Arsene once told me" Keown.

I have begrudging respect for Roy Keane and Souness only because they will say it like it is. Both are still cùnts, mind. :censored:

Wrighty..... I cannot ever bring myself to dislike Wrighty because that man kept me sane for so long in the 90s but as a pundit he is hmmm... not the best.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

You know what? That was better than a wànk. :lol:

Cathartic. 8)

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Wrighty obviously, although he is losing his edge a bit.

Pat Nevin on R5 live, not on enough imo.

Roy Keane because he kinda hates everyone, and everything about snowflake footballers. Souness has become diluted over the last couple of seasons and appears bored with the format and the obvious restrictions imposed upon him.

I did enjoy the motd podcasts as the language became more industrial and opinions weren't as liberal. They also remembered the controversial aspects of their careers, something they fail to do when on regular motd.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Ian Wright, Lee Dixon, Charlie Nicholas, Matthew Upson always seems fair. Even though he's ex-bindipper, Graham Souness always comes across as honest and genuinely fair- used to praise us when we were playing brilliant football, was about the only one who said the truth about Wanker post- 2007/8. The rest of them are mostly needless, annoying thick-as-shit hypocritical cünts who ruin it. Why the fuck do I need to see some fucking ex-player sitting there telling me shit I don't care about? I'm more than fucking capable of watching a game without 'expert analysis.'