Who's your favourite pundit? Not a poll!

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: Who's your favourite pundit? Not a poll!

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:54 am
You know what? That was better than a wànk. :lol:

Cathartic. 8)

Let's not bring religion into this :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:58 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:54 am
You know what? That was better than a wànk. :lol:

Cathartic. 8)

Let's not bring religion into this :wink:
:lol: :lol:
Superb. 8)

John F

Post by John F »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 7:52 am
Can I just be a tad controversial here and say I fucking hate Karen Carney? :censored:

I also fucking hate the empty mind-wiped vapid wannabe-celebbidee that is Alex Scott. :censored:

I also (in no particular order) detest:

1. Jug Ears Linnekar.
2. Chris "PLEASE FUCKING ACKNOWLEDGE ME DADDY" Kamara.
3. chav loving thick cùnt Merson.
4. Race card Evra.
5. Spit the Scouse.
6. Robbie "if only Ozil ran around that much" Savage. :wink:
7. EVERY SINGLE CÙNT ON BT.
8. The lezzer scouse bird.
9. Clinton fucking feel me blud fam Morrison.
10. Spiv Neville.
11. The fucking loser whose catchphrase is "And its live!".
12. All women pundits. All of them. Stay with your own vapid watered down version of the game ffs.
13. Martin "Arsene once told me" Keown.

I have begrudging respect for Roy Keane and Souness only because they will say it like it is. Both are still cùnts, mind. :censored:

Wrighty..... I cannot ever bring myself to dislike Wrighty because that man kept me sane for so long in the 90s but as a pundit he is hmmm... not the best.
:) I especially agree about Keown with his Wenger underpants on butI can't believe Mark Lawrenson is not on your list .Mr king of the football cliche and holds a degree in the bleeding obvious. "game of two halves"," goals win games"etc.I bet when he gets home his wife is waiting for him with a hammer.
"Allo luv raining cats and dogs out there but warm as toast in here.Bop.
I can't think of one I like as I can't listen to them and often watch matches with the sound down.I would be as happy as Larry if they showed matches with just crowd noise and no commentary.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

John F wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:31 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Can I just be a tad controversial here and say I fucking hate Karen Carney? :censored:

I also fucking hate the empty mind-wiped vapid wannabe-celebbidee that is Alex Scott. :censored:

1. Jug Ears Linnekar.
4. Race card Evra.
5. Spit the Scouse.
10. Spiv Neville.
12. All women pundits. All of them. Stay with your own vapid watered down version of the game ffs.

I have begrudging respect for Roy Keane and Souness only because they will say it like it is. Both are still cùnts, mind. :censored:

Wrighty..... I cannot ever bring myself to dislike Wrighty because that man kept me sane for so long in the 90s but as a pundit he is hmmm... not the best.
:) I especially agree about Keown with his Wenger underpants on butI can't believe Mark Lawrenson is not on your list .Mr king of the football cliche and holds a degree in the bleeding obvious. "game of two halves"," goals win games"etc.I bet when he gets home his wife is waiting for him with a hammer.
I can't think of one I like as I can't listen to them and often watch matches with the sound down.I would be as happy as Larry if they showed matches with just crowd noise and no commentary.
Agree, would much rather just have a crowd noise ( or even just the players shouting & swearing )

Add John “Motty” Motson to the annoying list, although I know he is a commentator not a pundit.

‘I have to say” no John, you don’t, you really, really don’t.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

John F wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:31 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:

1. Jug Ears Linnekar.
4. Race card Evra.
5. Spit the Scouse.
10. Spiv Neville.

:lol: :lol:

:oops: how did I forget the old drag queen "Lawro"? :oops:

Another cunting cùnt. :censored:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

And fucking Hansen!

Shows how much of the beeb's coverage I watch. Are the fuckers even still on the BBC? :shock:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Paul Merson. Chav loving c.unt. End of

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

What a question :lol:

Its like asking me who my favourite totnumb player is :rubchin:

Clash

Post by Clash »

Some great posts on this thread. DB10G’s the pick of the bunch for me - especially after rectifying the glaring omission of ‘’Lawro’’ (a bit like me inexplicably missing West Ham off of my most hated clubs list a while back (:roll:).

Have to say I have no favourite pundits or co-commentator for the simple reason that they are not needed. In fact I have complete contempt for the whole circus of TV football these days!

More than one pundit is totally unnecessary and even that is one too many for most games. One commentator using the old minimal method of describing the action you can see for yourselves (e.g. not like the radio) is more than enough. 10 minutes or so after the final whistle, the programme ends. Just like the old days!

TV co-commentary has just become some anodyne, unbroken dialogue. If it’s the BBC then add the pithy comments and banal banter i.e. someone needing time to work on their golf swing. Or discussing whose round it is at the bar afterwards. And how Shearer must wish he’d put a few quid on the game!

And as for Man of the Match …. i know its not new but what childish drivel is this? Who gives a fuck? It’s a team game for grown men … not an under 12’s primary school cup final where there’s a prize! ‘’So then, who’s your man of the match Danny?‘’ said with dripping anticipation in the dying minutes … only for the bald cunnt to pick the winning goal scorer or a lanky streak of piss like Harry Maguire if its a boring 0-0!

I would make Cup Finals the exception to all the above as they are (or were) special occasions. But we get this overblown shite for every single game now.

Even the most mundane fucking league games has an hour of build-up. There are often three pundits, a touchline reporter and yet another ‘’expert’’ down at pitchside. All mixed in with a series of mind-numbing pre-match and post-match interviews … usually conducted by horrible attention starved cunnts asking provocative or tedious question that get no more than the standard safe robotic response!

I truly hate the fact that some gobby prick like Craig fucking Bellamy gets to sit there telling us absolutely nothing of interest whatsoever … while getting paid a fortune to show off his hideous and outrageously tight suit, his fucking earrings and what is obviously a fresh (but very wanky) haircut! He’s far from the only one of course! Its a fashion show for people with too much time and money who probably spend days deciding what they're gonna wear!

And we all know they say something completely different off camera anyway so what’s the fucking point of any of it? The ex-players get the punditry work but as part of the deal they’re also there to sell the product. And so they’ll never really tell it as it is. They will never say modern football is shit and that the game has disappeared up its own arse! It’s like people in the game (owners, players, staff, TV and journalists) are part of some secret inner circle and they all feed off each other while us fans are kept outside looking in from afar!

It’s all a load of absolute bollocks. FOAD!

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Clash wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:40 pm
Some great posts on this thread. DB10G’s the pick of the bunch for me - especially after rectifying the glaring omission of ‘’Lawro’’ (a bit like me inexplicably missing West Ham off of my most hated clubs list a while back (:roll:).

Have to say I have no favourite pundits or co-commentator for the simple reason that they are not needed. In fact I have complete contempt for the whole circus of TV football these days!

More than one pundit is totally unnecessary and even that is one too many for most games. One commentator using the old minimal method of describing the action you can see for yourselves (e.g. not like the radio) is more than enough. 10 minutes or so after the final whistle, the programme ends. Just like the old days!

TV co-commentary has just become some anodyne, unbroken dialogue. If it’s the BBC then add the pithy comments and banal banter i.e. someone needing time to work on their golf swing. Or discussing whose round it is at the bar afterwards. And how Shearer must wish he’d put a few quid on the game!

And as for Man of the Match …. i know its not new but what childish drivel is this? Who gives a fuck? It’s a team game for grown men … not an under 12’s primary school cup final where there’s a prize! ‘’So then, who’s your man of the match Danny?‘’ said with dripping anticipation in the dying minutes … only for the bald cunnt to pick the winning goal scorer or a lanky streak of piss like Harry Maguire if its a boring 0-0!

I would make Cup Finals the exception to all the above as they are (or were) special occasions. But we get this overblown shite for every single game now.

Even the most mundane fucking league games has an hour of build-up. There are often three pundits, a touchline reporter and yet another ‘’expert’’ down at pitchside. All mixed in with a series of mind-numbing pre-match and post-match interviews … usually conducted by horrible attention starved cunnts asking provocative or tedious question that get no more than the standard safe robotic response!

I truly hate the fact that some gobby prick like Craig fucking Bellamy gets to sit there telling us absolutely nothing of interest whatsoever … while getting paid a fortune to show off his hideous and outrageously tight suit, his fucking earrings and what is obviously a fresh (but very wanky) haircut! He’s far from the only one of course! Its a fashion show for people with too much time and money who probably spend days deciding what they're gonna wear!

And we all know they say something completely different off camera anyway so what’s the fucking point of any of it? The ex-players get the punditry work but as part of the deal they’re also there to sell the product. And so they’ll never really tell it as it is. They will never say modern football is shit and that the game has disappeared up its own arse! It’s like people in the game (owners, players, staff, TV and journalists) are part of some secret inner circle and they all feed off each other while us fans are kept outside looking in from afar!

That just about sums it all up mate

John F

Post by John F »

Clash wrote:

Brilliant post ,I agree with every word.I have to record Motd just so I can speed through the inane punditry.What gets me is the glorification of average player.They will praise a player just because he made a basic pass ,for FFS he is a professional footballer he should be able to pass the ball or run back or make a tackle unless that is they play for Arsenal then that isn't a requirement.

Andrew

Post by Andrew »

It's a shame that it's not a poll.

If it had been, my favourite would've been Graham.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Wrighty all day long simply because I LOVE Him.

Close 2nd would be Dicko

However I hate all the rest of the old fatCUNTS

And if I could choose 5 to die by being burnt to death it would be in a petrol filtering factory it would be:

Linnecker Jug Earred slime ball wife beating piece of smarmy nonceshiteating CUNTSS
Shearer I mean WHATaCUNT
Anyone on BT (but especially scousers)
Jamie (my daddy's a manager) Redknapp AND his tax evading, lying piece of filth Father.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Andrew wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 11:28 pm
It's a shame that it's not a poll.

If it had been, my favourite would've been Graham.

Le Saux??????????? :shock:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Clash wrote:

We've a new pick of the bunch right there mate. Superb post. 8)