Benfica Bawbags N Thur 25th Feb KO 555pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Clummo99

Re: Benfica Bawbags N Thur 25th Feb KO 555pm

Post by Clummo99 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:27 pm
Arteta isn’t going anywhere and nor should he
You just love being contrary don't you Rob. :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

Gunner Rob wrote:

We've lost more games than we have won in the league this season and you come out with that ?? Sweet jesus :roll:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Getting knocked out on away goals from a game that kicks off at 5:55pm, at home, in Greece, on a Thursday would be our greatest ever achievement.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:24 pm
I still like Arteta and want him to succeed, but yep - have to reluctantly agree with the general noise on here that this season has been one of catastrophic failure and after throwing the Soton FA Cup game, favouring the pointless league match with them last month this is a must win for me. Don't get to a Semi at least (oo-er) then unfortunately we need to think about getting a replacement in - we wouldn't tolerate this shit under wenger or emery so despite Arteta having a lot more charisma and having youth on his side, it's not gonna be enough for me to persevere with him during this rebuilding job.

BTW - I hardly use this site anymore, but whenever I do it feels even more fucked than last time :shock:

seriously, what's with the really slow loading times and shitty adverts? :lol:
It's good to see you back HN.

Yes, the forum runs S. L. O. WWW so that some of the members on here can read something then come up with something they think is funny.

:?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

A11M11 wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:18 am
Kinda missing Rob's point with your vitriol.
:lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:24 pm
I still like Arteta and want him to succeed, but yep - have to reluctantly agree with the general noise on here that this season has been one of catastrophic failure and after throwing the Soton FA Cup game, favouring the pointless league match with them last month this is a must win for me. Don't get to a Semi at least (oo-er) then unfortunately we need to think about getting a replacement in - we wouldn't tolerate this shit under wenger or emery so despite Arteta having a lot more charisma and having youth on his side, it's not gonna be enough for me to persevere with him during this rebuilding job.

BTW - I hardly use this site anymore, but whenever I do it feels even more fucked than last time :shock:

seriously, what's with the really slow loading times and shitty adverts? :lol:
Who the fuck is this guy? ----^

:wink:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

augie wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:23 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:

We've lost more games than we have won in the league this season and you come out with that ?? Sweet jesus :roll:
Augie - you forget who is running this club.
Arteta should never have been appointed in the first place but since he has been I think we all need to get behind him for now.
Personally I am giving him until the end of the season. if we don’t finish in the top 7 then maybe he needs to be questioned.
But our board dont forget has not got the vision to bring in someone like Tuchel - we are unlikely to get anyone any better at the moment

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:00 pm
augie wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:

Arteta should never have been appointed in the first place but since he has been I think we all need to get behind him for now.
Personally I am giving him until the end of the season. if we don’t finish in the top 7 then maybe he needs to be questioned.
But our board dont forget has not got the vision to bring in someone like Tuchel - we are unlikely to get anyone any better at the moment
It's a reasonable point Rob but tbh Arteta has no experience of being a manager. Almost (ALMOST SteveO so fucking forget Dyche :wink: ) any other experienced manager would be a step up for us. Arteta is clueless. He has no idea what his best eleven is and has zero in game management skills.

augie

Post by augie »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:53 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
augie wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:

It's a reasonable point Rob but tbh Arteta has no experience of being a manager. Almost (ALMOST SteveO so fucking forget Dyche :wink: ) any other experienced manager would be a step up for us. Arteta is clueless. He has no idea what his best eleven is and has zero in game management skills.

Such genuis is exactly why you are the mod around here 8) That and the fact that no other fcuker would do it :wink:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
augie wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:

fair enough and it will be interesting how he gets on tonight.
it was bad enough losing to Olympiakos a year ago. Should he repeat that this year against a team which look even worse than Olympiakos then I agree it is not looking good for him.

augie

Post by augie »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:16 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
augie wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:

fair enough and it will be interesting how he gets on tonight.
it was bad enough losing to Olympiakos a year ago. Should he repeat that this year against a team which look even worse than Olympiakos then I agree it is not looking good for him.

In fairness buddy, you cant use tonights win as a vindication of arteta - benfica are so shit that they make olympiakos look like our invincables or like the great brazil teams of the 70s and 80s

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

We haven't a hope of winning this competition.
The thing that puzzles me though, is Arteta's biggest detractors on here want us to win it!!
If that did happen, they would have no justification in calling for him to be sacked, even if we finished in the bottom half of the table!!

augie

Post by augie »

goonersid wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:45 am
We haven't a hope of winning this competition.
The thing that puzzles me though, is Arteta's biggest detractors on here want us to win it!!
If that did happen, they would have no justification in calling for him to be sacked, even if we finished in the bottom half of the table!!

I'm back to the situation where I want a proper manager in charge - anything else is window dressing imo and, much as it was in latter wenger years, short term success will only prolong the agony of this fool being in charge

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

How the hell could anyone not want us to win this competition? We've lost our fucking minds if that's where we're at.

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:56 am
How the hell could anyone not want us to win this competition? We've lost our fucking minds if that's where we're at.

It's not that I do or dont want us to win this competition, it's that I am largely indifferent (mainly cos I have no confidence that we will win it). My ethos and ambitions have not changed over the past 3 seasons - I want to see us improving all the time more than I want to see short term success. Can anyone say with belief that winning the cup last season has made us a better team ? Does any fan really believe that this is a team heading in the right direction ?