Brenda skinny lips v Beegee doo Sun 28th Feb KO 12noon

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: Brenda skinny lips v Beegee doo Sun 28th Feb KO 12noon

Post by augie »

Lads everyone is entitled to their opinions and I have no problem with that, but please stop this bollox about arteta trying to rotate his squad or that he is trying to not run martinelli into the ground, cos absolute bollox is what that is :roll:
Martinelli is the same age as saka, foden and greenwood - 3 of them are getting regular game time whilst martinelli is getting none. Arteta says that martinelli is getting frustrated but it is hard for him cos all the front players are having good periods - really ?? Before today when was willian's good period exactly ?? Arteta says that martinelli has to take his chance when it comes along - in other words a player who has played a total of 13 mins in the last SEVEN games, is supposed to hit the ground running and a lack of sharpness will not be tolerated :roll:

Arteta is screwing this kid and no doubt about it. Whatever the reason is I dont know and nor do I care cos there is absolutely no acceptable reason for his lack of game time regardless ofd what excuses you want to conjure up

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

IF,and it's a big if, Pepe and Willian are beginning to find form it will make it even more difficult for Martinelli to get game time, taking Willian out the equation for a minute, that means having to rotate the front 3 between PEA, Saka, Laca, Pepe and Martinelli. Although it is a good conundrum to have it may make it impossible to keep all of them happy, throw in Willian, Nketiah and Balogun (were he ever to get game time) and i'm not sure even the best manager could keep all those happy or rotate them efficiently.

Whether we agree with Arteta's current choices or who is finally kept i cannot see all of those being Arsenal players next season... :rubchin:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

No nelson or eddie in the last few matchday squads,so id say theyre on the way out in the summer

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

For me Martinelli is a real talent, he also appears to have the right attitude, he chases things down, he covers for other players when they find themselves out of position and he scored the Arsenal Goal of the Season last year (against the chavs).... He looked like he was beginning to be a regular possible choice before his injury.

There is definitely something that has gone down, or is happening that has caused Arteta to totally exclude him. Thing is regardless of a manager's preference's of players, he MUST choose the players that will do the best for the team and as far as I'm concerned he DOESN'T do that, he keeps selecting the likes of Xhaka and bellend when they are clearly a level/s below what is required.

Unless things change I can only see him going elsewhere in the summer, which is a real pisser - Arteta needs to put his precious ego aside and look at him as a player (a very good and talented young player who always gives his all).

:cry:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

When Martinelli first came back after his long injury lay-off he was getting game time. He started against the chavs but got caught on the ankle when the keeper rushed out and it looked like he was fucked again when he went down in agony but it turned out not to be massively serious.

Then he was to start against Newcastle in the cup but went down in the warm up crying in pain and again everyone thought his season was done but that also turned out to be not so bad.

Has he played in many/any under 23 games? Maybe we don’t think he’s robust enough because he broke down twice when called upon and that’s why there’s a reluctance to fuck him in or maybe as some reckon Arteta just doesn’t rate him.

Fuck knows

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Funny how our best ever players are the ones who don't play.

Anywho, I did watch the three quarters of the game and i was impressed by what I saw, pepe and willian stepped up and I know this is gonna hurt but I thought xhaka had a good game, most passes and covered most mileage of both teams.

I didnt see his passing accuracy stats but sure they were up there, ESR I think was top.

I was going to jet wash the patio but the missus stepped up and having popped out at half time to inspect her work was pretty impressed with the results and only had to point out a few missed patches.

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:17 pm
When Martinelli first came back after his long injury lay-off he was getting game time. He started against the chavs but got caught on the ankle when the keeper rushed out and it looked like he was fucked again when he went down in agony but it turned out not to be massively serious.

Then he was to start against Newcastle in the cup but went down in the warm up crying in pain and again everyone thought his season was done but that also turned out to be not so bad.

Has he played in many/any under 23 games? Maybe we don’t think he’s robust enough because he broke down twice when called upon and that’s why there’s a reluctance to fuck him in or maybe as some reckon Arteta just doesn’t rate him.

Fuck knows

He was in the squad for last 7 games and got a total of 13 minutes - that is the cold hard facts. If the guys like willian and pepe are firing on all cylinders (before today) you MIGHT be able to put up some defence for not picking him, but they have largely been shite (willian consistantly shite) and still are ahead of him in the pecking order. Bringing in auba ahead of him today was imo as big a slap in the face as willian coming on ahead of him in recent games - auba was rested, the game was won, and yet he still wouldnt bring martinelli on

There is a dangerous narrative coming in now - people say that I am using my dislike of arteta to cloud things here, but I will respond that to try to find excuses for martinelli not getting game time here is every bit as blinkered as what I am accused of. Martinelli works hard every single minute he is on the pitch. He works back to dig out his defenders every game (crucial interception v manure last month springs to mind), and certainly more than willian and pepe do (and more than auba too). He showed last season that he is a goal scorer too, and his body language and attitude seems to be exactly what we look for in our players. This isnt a case of him not get enough game time ..... this is about him getting barely any.

Btw rodders the not robust enough part ? He is more robust than partey the way things are looking :oops: :oops:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Augster haven’t you heard that Partey is the new Abou, 2 games in, 2 months out, just don’t tell SteveO or he’ll get all upset :wink:

Like everyone on here I’ve no fucking idea what’s going on with Martinelli, the only reason I brought up the robust thing is that in both the chav game and Newcastle warm up he went down fucked.

Maybe he hasn’t fully recovered from that bad knee injury that kept him out for so long and as a result of breaking down twice since coming back we’re being ultra cautious with him.

I remember the update during the Geordie game was that he was crying in the medical room because he thought his season was done and he had another long term injury to come back from.

Maybe that’s fuck all do with what’s going on (I’m multiple beers in) but I’m just throwing it out there for debate. That’s what makes this place so wonderful innit? :wink:

Anyway on a completely separate note my 7 team 180 quid acca rests on Atletico beating Villarreal.....Unai’s gonna fuck me ain’t he?

:lol:

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:59 pm
Augster haven’t you heard that Partey is the new Abou, 2 games in, 2 months out, just don’t tell SteveO or he’ll get all upset :wink:

Like everyone on here I’ve no fucking idea what’s going on with Martinelli, the only reason I brought up the robust thing is that in both the chav game and Newcastle warm up he went down fucked.

Maybe he hasn’t fully recovered from that bad knee injury that kept him out for so long and as a result of breaking down twice since coming back we’re being ultra cautious with him.

I remember the update during the Geordie game was that he was crying in the medical room because he thought his season was done and he had another long term injury to come back from.

Maybe that’s fuck all do with what’s going on (I’m multiple beers in) but I’m just throwing it out there for debate. That’s what makes this place so wonderful innit? :wink:

Anyway on a completely separate note my 7 team 180 quid acca rests on Atletico beating Villarreal.....Unai’s gonna fuck me ain’t he?

:lol:

Ath Madrid 1 up at the mo 8) :barscarf:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

If it was a month ago I’d be ultra confident in Atleti but they’ve gone to absolute shit in the last few weeks, they were pissing the league by 10 points and then shit the bed by only taking 1 point from from two very easy home games and were also abysmal against the chavs midweek.

I should cash out but I’m too fucking greedy :lol:

Wait 2 nil.....FUCK YOU UNAI :wink: