Olympiakos of Greece v Grease Hair doo..Europa league last 16 First leg Thurs Mar 11th KO 8pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rodders999

Re: Olympiakos of Greece v Grease Hair doo..Europa league last 16 First leg Thurs Mar 11th KO 8pm

Post by rodders999 »

IW8Goalmachine

Re: Olympiakos of Greece v Grease Hair doo..Europa league last 16 First leg Thurs Mar 11th KO 8pm

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Keown saying that Arteta needs to explain why martinelli is getting no game time

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

A win is a win and all that pish but fuck me we got away with one here.Same useless players making the mistakes..Ceballos :oops: fuck me :oops: arsepiece :oops: We got lucky and the minute and second we bump into any sort of half decent outfit..out on our fartpipes we will go.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

falkirk goon wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:12 pm
A win is a win and all that pish but fuck me we got away with one here.Same useless players making the mistakes..Ceballos :oops: fuck me :oops: arsepiece :oops: We got lucky and the minute and second we bump into any sort of half decent outfit..out on our fartpipes we will go.
Exactly right - reminds me of the Sunday league days when you were 8-0 up and used to stick your goalie up front for the last 15 minutes and put the shortest bloke in goal for a giggle. We could probably still get away with it against Slavia Prague, Rangers, Granada and Ajax but as soon as we come up against Man Ure, Milan, Vermin Scum, Roma and dare I say even Villareal we won't be able to just toss away these silly goals

Bellerin, Xhaka, Leno, and Ceballos will all play some part against the Vermin - all 4 might even start if Partey is going to be rested again. Pepe will come back in too

As for Martinelli - the lad might as well tell his agent to find him a new team if he hasn't already. Maybe ask Balogun how it works, or Saliba. Three bright young talents going to be tossed aside by this bell end as he favours the loanees and never will be's.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Leno was just as culpable if you look at where he was when he passed to Ceballos so far out of his goal any mistake was a shot to an empty goal. Luiz was in plenty of space and was just as easy a pass . Ceballos was boxed in with four players on every side .It should never have gone to him . All the people arguing that had he turned and passed it to Luiz it would have taken players out of their game should realise that so would a ball over the top.

gooner265

Post by gooner265 »

Whatever you think of him and I am no fan, no way was that on Ceballos , clearly Leno's fault.

Quite clear now we sold the wrong keeper as it was to me at the start of the season, everything about his game is head and shoulders above Leno it's a shame the last three managers never realised it.

By the way has anyone realised the final is 26th May , just saying .....

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

I thought Leno should actually have saved the shot, sure he was scrambling back but the Olympiakos player shit the bed and hit it straight down the middle. Piss poor all round after the suicide ball to Getafe.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

A11M11 and Gooner265 are absolutely correct in saying Leno was culpable. He could surely see that giving it to Ceballos could be trouble. Ceballos didn't have enough time and space to receive the ball comfortably. As was said the keeper had 3 options. Ceballos, Luiz or go long. He chose badly.

Basically Leno put him in the shit but as usual on here if someone doesn't like a particular player then they get the grief regardless.

We totally controlled that game but cos we weren't 3-0 up after half an hour it was crap. :roll: The Greeks had two chances, one of which we gave them ourselves.

If you have the time watch the game again knowing the score and without the emotion involved. You'll see just how comfortable it was and we didn't "get away with one there". :roll:

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

And just to annoy a few people further.... :lol:

Odegaard was excellent. How someone can criticise him for having the temerity to drop deep for the ball and try to be creative just astounds me! And blaming the keeper for his goal FFS. :lol:

Enough of you have been crying out for just that kind of player for years but still you're not happy.

augie

Post by augie »

Clummo99 wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:13 am

Odegaard was excellent. How someone can criticise him for having the temerity to drop deep for the ball and try to be creative just astounds me! And blaming the keeper for his goal FFS. :lol:

Enough of you have been crying out for just that kind of player for years but still you're not happy.

Buddy I want our number 10 to be the creative force up front not back in midfield. When odegaard gets the ball back in his own half, who the fcuk is he gonna pass it to ?? Odegaard is dropping into area's that the number 8 should be operating in (why we havent tried him there is beyond me), cos for me the 6 and 8 are the midfield link to the defence, and they then pass it on to the 10 who is the creator for the forward line. It wont always work that way of course, but that is the basic tactics of that system

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:35 pm
Which one of you cùnts is the ginger? :lol:

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

augie wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:21 am
Clummo99 wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:13 am

Buddy I want our number 10 to be the creative force up front not back in midfield. When odegaard gets the ball back in his own half, who the fcuk is he gonna pass it to ?? Odegaard is dropping into area's that the number 8 should be operating in (why we havent tried him there is beyond me), cos for me the 6 and 8 are the midfield link to the defence, and they then pass it on to the 10 who is the creator for the forward line. It wont always work that way of course, but that is the basic tactics of that system
I totally get what you mean mate but Odegaard dropping deep was kinda like taking the game by the scruff of the neck (to exaggerate the point). He obviously felt not much was happening further up the field so he dropped deep to try changing that. A big plus for me particularly if it wasn't part of his remit from Arteta.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

rodders999 wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:51 am
I thought Leno should actually have saved the shot, sure he was scrambling back but the Olympiakos player shit the bed and hit it straight down the middle. Piss poor all round after the suicide ball to Getafe.
When i saw the replays ,it looked like Leno was taking the scenic route back to the goals.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:57 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:51 am
When i saw the replays ,it looked like Leno was taking the scenic route back to the goals.
Not sure why leno is coming so far out of his goal in the first place
secondly easier pass would have been bellerin, but it was a real mess and should not be repeated

On the positive side the Gabriel goal was a superb header, we was in control but we have some players who are prone to fuck up at any time

Midz

Post by Midz »

The Gabriel goal was superb as you say. He really powered that header into the net. Just watched the highlights again and that was a real cracker!