Olympiakos of Greece v Grease Hair doo..Europa league last 16 First leg Thurs Mar 11th KO 8pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
bergkamp10

Re: Olympiakos of Greece v Grease Hair doo..Europa league last 16 First leg Thurs Mar 11th KO 8pm

Post by bergkamp10 »

augie wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:21 am
Clummo99 wrote:
Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:13 am
And just to annoy a few people further.... :lol:

Odegaard was excellent. How someone can criticise him for having the temerity to drop deep for the ball and try to be creative just astounds me! And blaming the keeper for his goal FFS. :lol:

Enough of you have been crying out for just that kind of player for years but still you're not happy.

Buddy I want our number 10 to be the creative force up front not back in midfield. When odegaard gets the ball back in his own half, who the fcuk is he gonna pass it to ?? Odegaard is dropping into area's that the number 8 should be operating in (why we havent tried him there is beyond me), cos for me the 6 and 8 are the midfield link to the defence, and they then pass it on to the 10 who is the creator for the forward line. It wont always work that way of course, but that is the basic tactics of that system

Bloody good points! Odegaard does definitely offers something different. I would still we play ESR in this role, at least in most PL matches for the rest of the season. However my understanding is the the contract signed with Odegaard contains a directive that he must play 80% of matches if he is match fit.