Olympiakos of Greece v Grease Hair doo..Europa league last 16 First leg Thurs Mar 11th KO 8pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
LeftfootlegendGooner

Re: Olympiakos of Greece v Grease Hair doo..Europa league last 16 First leg Thurs Mar 11th KO 8pm

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:45 pm
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:44 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:37 pm
I'm all for pragmatic management but Jesus Christ shutting up shop and going for the draw against these pubbers is embarrassing. :oops: :oops:
:shock:
:lol:

Arteta knows. :lol:

northbank123

Re: Olympiakos of Greece v Grease Hair doo..Europa league last 16 First leg Thurs Mar 11th KO 8pm

Post by northbank123 »

Lost amongst all of this is that Willian had another pretty dire game tonight. To go with the other 85% of performances. Again, can anybody genuinely think Martinelli wouldn’t have done better? He is one of the best young players I have seen at the club, it is sheer madness.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Their defence consisted of Yann M'vila who was ok 10 years ago, our 9th choice centre half from this season and the bloke who couldn't get in Watford's relegated first team

The Pride of Pireus!

Rodders.....press play son...the walrus's tender tones can play all night long

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

TeeCee wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:51 pm
The crayon muncher has been injured in the spuds game and has an ice bag on his knee.....let’s hope it’s fucking serious!! :barscarf:
Who will take their obligatory penalty?! :shock:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:40 pm
Attempt at self harm no. 2 - unsuccessful :roll:
Happens to men of your age Rodders.....give it a little time and try again

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

I don’t remember much self harming before the Benfica game (maybe I blocked it out of my mind) but fuck me it’s been every game since.

Pure amateur hour to be conceding the types of goals we’ve been conceding lately. Soul destroying.

Anyway it’s BARRY time :barscarf:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

With Edu being Brazilian you’d think he might have a word with Arteta......oh hang on, it’s like expecting the tea lady to tell Wenger-lite who to play! :rubchin: :banghead:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

northbank123 wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:52 pm
Lost amongst all of this is that Willian had another pretty dire game tonight. To go with the other 85% of performances. Again, can anybody genuinely think Martinelli wouldn’t have done better? He is one of the best young players I have seen at the club, it is sheer madness.
Arteta is Wenger reincarnated, he will not be told on anything and believes his genius is insurmountable..... mistake after mistake playing out from the back, nevermind keep doing it, playing the same dogshit players match after match, keep calm and carry on, players make individual mistakes, reward them, no harm no foul...... :roll:

And now we'll be hearing what a genius he is and how he got everything right, the goal will be purely the players faults and nothing to do with him but he wont do anything about it, we were fucking lucky again, there is no plan, no process it is just throw the players out there and hope something works, this is actually worse than Emery... at least Unai sent them out with the idea to outscore the opposition even if it didnt work most of the time :roll:
Last edited by GoonerMuzz on Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:54 pm
TeeCee wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:51 pm
The crayon muncher has been injured in the spuds game and has an ice bag on his knee.....let’s hope it’s fucking serious!! :barscarf:
Who will take their obligatory penalty?! :shock:
I'm sure the Premier League will provide a few referees to take it.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

Ray C wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:23 am
Just liker Kentish Town v The Greeks years ago. We'll win this 3-1. :barscarf: :barscarf:
Yep - that's the result I remember. :barscarf: :barscarf:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

StuartL wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:54 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:40 pm
Attempt at self harm no. 2 - unsuccessful :roll:
Happens to men of your age Rodders.....give it a little time and try again

I’m having another go now, will report the result here ASAP.

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:57 pm
northbank123 wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:52 pm
Arteta is Wenger reincarnated, he will not be told on anything and believes his genius is insurmountable..... mistake after mistake playing out from the back, nevermind keep doing it, playing the same dogshit players match after match, keep calm and carry on, players make individual mistakes, reward them, no harm no foul...... :roll:

And now we'll be hearing what a genius he is and how he got everything right, the goal will be purely the players faults and nothing to do with him but he wont do anything about it, we were fucking lucky again, there is no plan, no process it is just throw the players out there and hope something works, this is actually worse than Emery... at least Unai sent them out with the idea to outscore the opposition even if it didnt work most of the time :roll:
and the frightening thing is that a lot of our fanbase are behind him like they were with wenger
Last edited by IW8Goalmachine on Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

What an unbelievable header by the way. Superb goal.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Does anyone actually think that 3-1 aggregate lead even at home to this lot is a comfortable cushion :rubchin:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:02 pm
Does anyone actually think that 3-1 aggregate lead even at home to this lot is a comfortable cushion :rubchin:
If we manage to chuck it away at home to Morecambe Pireus mate, it will eclipse York City, Walsall and Wrexham!