Ginger cum gargler and his flat cap wearing, whippet racing,northern arseholes A Sat 6th Mar KO 1230 pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
LeftfootlegendGooner

Re: Ginger cum gargler and his flat cap wearing, whippet racing,northern arseholes A Sat 6th Mar KO 1230 pm

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:00 pm
Thing is Lefty his arm does move towards the ball - It is close proximity, but his arm moves towards the ball as in to control it, or stop it getting past him. :cry:
I didnt see the video bardy, I just saw the picture on here and it looked very close, I just don't like to blame it all on officials, makes us sound like those cunnts from the third world and the mousers :lol:

Clash

Re: Ginger cum gargler and his flat cap wearing, whippet racing,northern arseholes A Sat 6th Mar KO 1230 pm

Post by Clash »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thing is Lefty his arm does move towards the ball - It is close proximity, but his arm moves towards the ball as in to control it, or stop it getting past him. :cry:
Agree Bard mate. The proximity argument should only apply if the ball is travelling at speed and in today’s case it wasn’t. Definite pen.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:06 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
I didnt see the video bardy, I just saw the picture on here and it looked very close, I just don't like to blame it all on officials, makes us sound like those cunnts from the third world and the mousers :lol:
I know what you mean, but seriously on this occasion we woz fuckked over by the ref and VAR. Shameful. :?

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Clash wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:13 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Agree Bard mate. The proximity argument should only apply if the ball is travelling at speed and in today’s case it wasn’t. Definite pen.
Tbf it should be a moot point, if I read correctly we missed sitters and we have been doing that a season, our midfielders just don't score enough goals.

For instance, up until very recently we had the second best defensive record yet were languishing at midtable, that's because we don't put our chances away or even have a fuckin go.

Clash

Post by Clash »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:18 pm
Clash wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
Tbf it should be a moot point, if I read correctly we missed sitters and we have been doing that a season, our midfielders just don't score enough goals.

For instance, up until very recently we had the second best defensive record yet were languishing at midtable, that's because we don't put our chances away or even have a fuckin go.
Fair point Lefty. As much as I detest VAR and think we’re getting a bad deal from it - we continue to sabotage out own chances in every area of the pitch. Pepe’s miss today is as bad as what Xhaka did and both were costly to us as VAR.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Tbh i don't think we missed any clear cut chances today other than Pepe's air shot....

Auba was never reaching the one that the defender miscontrolled into his path

Maybe Saka should have scored his one but the angle was getting tight and the goalie made it worse, if you see the replay it only just squeezes past the post, and in all honesty Saka had a bad day, which he will have occasionally at his age

The other Pepe one where it hit the shoulder was pure throwing yourself on the line by the defender otherwise it was in

And the one that hit the post late on was just unlucky, so not really any real clear cut chances that we missed other than the Pepe air shot, the problem is that too often we take too many touches to get in the perfect scoring position and the defenders close us down or get their bodies in the way of the shot, we have to shoot earlier at the first opportunity instead of trying to Wengerball it into the net

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

And the final insult of the day sees MOTD taking the piss (disappointed with Wrighty, expect no less from that jug eared piece of shit) on Lacazette’s reaction to being kicked from behind in that incident that got the Burnley player booked.

Before the game I wrote on this thread about the BT reporter asking Dyche would Burnley go out and “rattle Arsenal”. He would not have been asked that question if they were playing any other team.

Now on MOTD you have the 3 analysts mocking Lacazette’s roar that he let out after being kicked through. All three of them are pissing themselves laughing doing a fake roar and jug ears throws himself off his seat to the ground.

Again I ask would they dare even contemplate doing this to any other team? Would they fuck. Arsenal being wronged and Arsenal being kicked is a running joke, a laugh, something to take the piss out of.

I couldn’t believe what I was seeing. Really really disappointed with Wrighty there, appalling behaviour from a so called football highlights show.

Disgrace.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:19 am
And the final insult of the day sees MOTD taking the piss (disappointed with Wrighty, expect no less from that jug eared piece of shit) on Lacazette’s reaction to being kicked from behind in that incident that got the Burnley player booked.

Before the game I wrote on this thread about the BT reporter asking Dyche would Burnley go out and “rattle Arsenal”. He would not have been asked that question if they were playing any other team.

Now on MOTD you have the 3 analysts mocking Lacazette’s roar that he let out after being kicked through. All three of them are pissing themselves laughing doing a fake roar and jug ears throws himself off his seat to the ground.

Again I ask would they dare even contemplate doing this to any other team? Would they fuck. Arsenal being wronged and Arsenal being kicked is a running joke, a laugh, something to take the piss out of.

I couldn’t believe what I was seeing. Really really disappointed with Wrighty there, appalling behaviour from a so called football highlights show.

Disgrace.
dont watch it fella, cant stand that slimeball lineker

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Clash wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
100%

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:

Disgrace.

I agree with you on the motd pundits behaviour being unacceptable, but laca was a fcuking disgrace in that incident - I know that empty stadiums amplify the sound, but fcuk me I thought that his leg must have been snapped in half until I seen the replay where he was barely touched :oops: :oops:
We rightly slate opposition players diving and rolling around ..... yesterday was as bad or worse than any of them

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Didnt see them digging Longstaff out against us a few weeks back when he was screaming like he just stepped on a landmine.

wibble

Post by wibble »

Redarmy wrote:
Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:36 am
Clash wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:
100%
Exactly. It would be one thing if it was a fast cross or shot but Pepe chipped the ball up to go past the defender and he moved his hand to block it! Ridiculous that it wasn’t given.

Although as others have said, if we hadn’t ballsed up other things, primarily xhaka gifting a goal again, then it wouldn’t have mattered. He really is as much as a *word censored* as the refs

augie

Post by augie »

OneBardGooner wrote:

100% it should have been a penalty. Absolutely no doubt about it. The c.unt moved his arm towards the ball AND he had his arm out to make himself bigger in a bid to block off the space. The "close proximity" cop out is bul.lshit - near the end of the game laca went to close down a clearance and the ball hit him on both hands from less than 2 feet away and of course a free kick was given on the spot and no-one questioned the close proximity cos his arms were high. If close proximity negates a deliberate handball then no free kick should have been awarded there, but as we have seen for years, decisions outside the penalty areas will always be given cos they are the easy decisions when penalties are not.

As I said previously, I have largely avoided the "refs are screwing us" debates on here this season cos on many of them I dont agree with that logic - yesterday was an absolute disgrace and it baffles me how any pundit could claim that it was the correct decision

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:

Disgrace.
Ok. Fair enough. Lacazette was a disgrace screaming like that. So will the jug-eared wife botherer (allegedly) and his bumchums now take the piss every time a player from another club screams? How about every time Fat Tongue or Salah or Stupid ^^ Eyebrows or DVD or Mane dive and fake injury? Or will the ex scum cùnt still just blow spunk bubbles around phrases like "he felt the contact", "he played for the foul", and "that was clever play drawing the foul"? :censored:

Fucking really disappointed in Wrighty. :oops: