Ipswich Hospital Charity Cup Winners 1951/52(joint) H Sun 14th Mar KO 430PM

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: Ipswich Hospital Charity Cup Winners 1951/52(joint) H Sun 14th Mar KO 430PM

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 8:27 am
You won’t find a bigger Auba fan than me out there, I absolutely fucking love the guy to bits but I’m disappointed he hasn’t apologised for yesterday.

When he joined from Dortmund we were warned that his attitude was an issue and that’s why none of the big boys came in for him despite his enormous talent but since day one here he has been exemplary on and off the pitch.

In the grand scheme of things being late a few times isn’t the worst thing in the world but he was wrong and I’m 100% behind him being dropped for it.

As club captain he should have apologised to everyone at the club especially the fans but he hasn’t. He’s our biggest goal threat and he rocks up late for a NLD, one of our biggest games in every season? Unacceptable.

Stories this morning that he left the ground while the rest of the subs were out on the pitch warming down, hopefully he was given permission to do this and didn’t just fuck off himself.

He posted an obligatory North London is red comment on Insta last night but left it at that. Hopefully we get something more off him today.

Tis funny but I talked to my kids (18 and 16) last night about whether auba should apologise, and they both said that he should apologise to the other players but NOT to the fans

I really do not see why he bothered putting auba on the bench yesterday, and I would like those defending arteta for dropping him to explain that to me :? I can see both sides of that argument so I'm not going to get into whether he was right or wrong to drop him, but why bother putting him on the bench if you are not willing to bring him on ? Some fans say that arteta was cutting off his nose to spite his face by dropping him, but for me not bringing him on was worse - laca did not play well yesterday and could and should have been subbed long before he was, but ONLY if you are willing to bring on auba for him. As Steve O and others have said, playing with no striker for the last 10-15 minutes only invites pressure onto the team cos we have no-one to hold the ball up and no-one to worry them and keep them pushed back. Also on what planet do you bring in pepe and willian ahead of auba ?? Many fans will argue that auba is better on the wing than as a number 9 anyway, so surely when the game is on the line you bring him on first ???

Finally I am disgusted with the coverage of yesterdays game, and more specifically the reaction to the penalty decision in the media - the spurs c.unt got nowhere near the ball and took laca out on the follow through so should it matter that laca mishit the ball ? Is it not probable that laca chases the ball after mis-hitting it and maybe crooses it for another player ?? Sanchez's foul eliminated all chance of that and I am disgusted with the comments from those saying that it was never a penalty, and I am including laca in that cos he suggested that we were lucky too :evil:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Redarmy wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:12 am
Midz wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:13 pm
We won :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

We were awarded a penalty that they will dispute - Ahahahahaha!!!

They had a goal rightly disallowed for offside - Ahahahaha!!

They had a man sent off - Ahahahahaha!!

If it'd been the other way round we'd be fuming.

What a Super Sunday. I'm still laughing....
To me the fact they are annoyed about it makes it all the sweeter :D :D :D
Absolutely. I fucking love the fact that their 'goal of the season' happened in a match which they lost to us. That makes me smile knowing that no matter how many times they watch it, they know it didn't matter in the slightest. Always in our shadow.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Surprised your lads say he doesn’t owe the fans an apology Augie, I hope we get one today all the same.

Couldn’t agree with you more on the penno, the consensus seems to be that the ball was gone so any challenge is fair game, even Maureen said it in his interview afterwards :roll:

Fuck me all these years watching the game and I never knew it was ok to clatter someone as long as the ball was gone, we should utilise that gem of a tactic more I reckon.

If Side Show or Gabriel made that tackle at the other end it would be labelled a stone wall penalty and nobody would bat an eyelid....that’s the fucking litmus test.

Fuck em.

When side show’s knee grazed that Wolves player’s heel it was a penalty and red card and there was no controversy from the c.unts.

It’s just because this particular one went for us that people question it, as it always is.

Hoijberg being spoken to by the ref yesterday being told he’d already made 5 fouls and to watch it speaks for itself :roll:

Lamela got away with several stone wall yellows but his sending off was “harsh” too they said :roll:

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:37 am
Surprised your lads say he doesn’t owe the fans an apology Augie, I hope we get one today all the same.

Couldn’t agree with you more on the penno, the consensus seems to be that the ball was gone so any challenge is fair game, even Maureen said it in his interview afterwards :roll:

Fuck me all these years watching the game and I never knew it was ok to clatter someone as long as the ball was gone, we should utilise that gem of a tactic more I reckon.

If Side Show or Gabriel made that tackle at the other end it would be labelled a stone wall penalty and nobody would bat an eyelid....that’s the fucking litmus test.

Fuck em.

When side show’s knee grazed that Wolves player’s heel it was a penalty and red card and there was no controversy from the c.unts.

It’s just because this particular one went for us that people question it, as it always is.

Hoijberg being spoken to by the ref yesterday being told he’d already made 5 fouls and to watch it speaks for itself :roll:

Lamela got away with several stone wall yellows but his sending off was “harsh” too they said :roll:

100% I blame ex Arsenal pundits like wrighty, dixon, keown, smudger and freddie at al for that shit - sky can wheel out dawson, bbc can wheel out jermaine penis and jug ears, and there is never any complaint about their clear bias towards the scum, and yet our ex players are going too far the other way to be seen as fair and that makes them c.unts in my view. Dawson the numpty c.unt even tried to claim that laca kicked sanchez and that sanchez did nothing wrong - what the absolute fcuking dogshite is that ??? Not one of our ex-player pundits called out englands captain for his forearm smash on gabriel - was that because he is englands captain or again because of a desire not to be seen as pro AFC ? Lamela made a two feet of the ground "tackle" yesterday that has seen other players red carded - why wasnt that highlighted when some prix were labelling him unlucky to be sent off ?

I am still raging over the coverage

Bennett

Post by Bennett »

Thought we played really well for most of game....yeah, last 15 minutes were iffy. We can all blame Arteta for subs, but players on pitch are responsible for their actions.

On the subject of Aubameyang, it's seeming like Ozil part 2......as club captain, to be late arriving for a NLD is completely unacceptable. He clearly doesn't get it and what it means to us. Can you imagine Wrighty/Dixon/Tone doing that? Applaud Arteta for dropping him....should have gone further in my humble opinion. If he doesn't play for us again I won't shed any tears. Give me the young,committed all day long

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

I missed most of the game so watched motd , now I know we had a load of chances cos I was keeping an eye on BBC website (btw their website was much more balanced than the TV show and had us as deserved winners who played very well and the pen was a pen andlamela deserved to go.

You would have thought we hardly had a sniff in the first half the highlights were that biaised.

And as for that prick jenarse, what an idiot, he actually started arguing with keown he is that much of a baby.

He wouldn't let keown finish his sentence where keown was trying to say he knew lamela meant to do Tierney as he was himself an aggressive player, (something jenas pointed out in a childish remark that backfired because it gave keown the upper hand).

Lacca had the ball, when he was taken clean out he still had the ball and although he had an awful attempt at a shot it still only counts as a touch in the box but he still had the ball ffs.

I actually can't believe keown didn't say it was a blatant pen, wrighty surely would have said differently.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

https://www.caughtoffside.com/2021/03/1 ... purs-lose/

Protected species . England captains.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:08 pm
I missed most of the game so watched motd , now I know we had a load of chances cos I was keeping an eye on BBC website (btw their website was much more balanced than the TV show and had us as deserved winners who played very well and the pen was a pen andlamela deserved to go.

You would have thought we hardly had a sniff in the first half the highlights were that biaised.

And as for that prick jenarse, what an idiot, he actually started arguing with keown he is that much of a baby.

He wouldn't let keown finish his sentence where keown was trying to say he knew lamela meant to do Tierney as he was himself an aggressive player, (something jenas pointed out in a childish remark that backfired because it gave keown the upper hand).

Lacca had the ball, when he was taken clean out he still had the ball and although he had an awful attempt at a shot it still only counts as a touch in the box but he still had the ball ffs.

I actually can't believe keown didn't say it was a blatant pen, wrighty surely would have said differently.
I watched on Spark Sport and Wrighty was in the studio. He said it wasn't a pen in his opinion. :shock:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Clummo99 wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:54 pm

I watched on Spark Sport and Wrighty was in the studio. He said it wasn't a pen in his opinion. :shock:
:shock:

He's going on the cunnt list :lol:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

That was even worse than Jenas's stupid biased comments. Afterwards Keown in fairness said Arsenal were much the better team, and even Maureen conceded how shite they were in the first half......but on the evidence of what those MOTD c.unts showed you'd have had it as even at half time. They showed ESR hit the bar, then the next highlight was Lamela's goal......I think at that point in the game we'd had 6 shots to their 1.

Turned it off midway through Jenas's comments. Such a shitty outdated programme now MOTD - used to love it, but now full of c.unts like Jugears, Jenas, Shearer and Danny Murphy

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

augie wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:00 am
As Steve O and others have said, playing with no striker for the last 10-15 minutes only invites pressure onto the team cos we have no-one to hold the ball up and no-one to worry them and keep them pushed back.

You’re getting old augie :lol: that 10-15mins you remember with no striker?.... Laca came off in the 88th or 89th minute mate :oops: :oops: :lol: :wink:

And honestly, Auba is many things but he’s fucking useless at holding up the ball and offering an out ball. He’s the last person I’d trust in the 90th minute to battle for and hold up the ball to ease the pressure ... might as well stick with Laca or let Odegaard/Pepe play the role for a few minutes (which is what Arteta did)

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

Sometimes it's easy to hear Arteta and the coaches shouting and Pass , pass hold the ball was quite audible on the telly . Obviously not on the pitch.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

g88ner wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:27 pm
augie wrote:
As Steve O and others have said, playing with no striker for the last 10-15 minutes only invites pressure onto the team cos we have no-one to hold the ball up and no-one to worry them and keep them pushed back.

You’re getting old augie :lol: that 10-15mins you remember with no striker?.... Laca came off in the 88th or 89th minute mate :oops: :oops: :lol: :wink:

And honestly, Auba is many things but he’s fucking useless at holding up the ball and offering an out ball. He’s the last person I’d trust in the 90th minute to battle for and hold up the ball to ease the pressure ... might as well stick with Laca or let Odegaard/Pepe play the role for a few minutes (which is what Arteta did)
Ouch!! :lol: :lol:

Midz

Post by Midz »

Bennett wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:42 am

On the subject of Aubameyang, it's seeming like Ozil part 2......as club captain, to be late arriving for a NLD is completely unacceptable. He clearly doesn't get it and what it means to us. Can you imagine Wrighty/Dixon/Tone doing that? Applaud Arteta for dropping him....should have gone further in my humble opinion. If he doesn't play for us again I won't shed any tears. Give me the young,committed all day long

Totally!
Auba has been shite this season and is not captain material.
Lead with Balogun up top and Martinelli to the side for the rest of the season. And before anyone says that's wrong, you don't know because you've never seen it happen. That's what I'd do right now and see how it played out. You have to give these players a chance and now would be a good time to do it.

Make Tierney the captain.
He showed experience from playing in the Old Firm derbies when he did what was needed to get Lamela sent off. Sure he deserved it, but Tierney wasted no time in going down to make the point. Well done, lad.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

g88ner wrote:
Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:27 pm
augie wrote:

There's only one other striker I've seen who can hold the ball up and that's Balogun - it sure as hell isn't Auba or Nketiah, but of course we choose not to have that option available to us.......so if its not Lacazette, its nobody.