SteveO and Rodders Barry White derby H ..Round of 16 2nd leg,Thurs 18th March KO 555pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Clummo99

Re: SteveO and Rodders Barry White derby H ..Round of 16 2nd leg,Thurs 18th March KO 555pm

Post by Clummo99 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:38 am
Clummo99 wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:11 am
I still can't forget old Helmethead nearly "passing" the ball into his own net in the early days. :lol:
Watching that Chavski reject c.unt used to depress me full stop!

I remember all the brave talk about the winners mentality he was bringing to the dressing room and how Maureen was supposedly livid that the Chavs had sanctioned the sale - yeah right, just like they were gutted Willian left!

I watched that helmet headed has been prick's first game against West Ham from a bar in Turkey and he was so fucking shit and cost us the game, that i ended up getting wankered with my nephew all afternoon, only for the missus to come storming down a few hours later saying I'd ruined the whole day :D :D
Yep my mind was made up on him after that debut. Both goals were his fault. A decent keeper would have saved both.

Clummo99

Re: SteveO and Rodders Barry White derby H ..Round of 16 2nd leg,Thurs 18th March KO 555pm

Post by Clummo99 »

augie wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:55 am
Clummo99 wrote:
I still can't forget old Helmethead nearly "passing" the ball into his own net in the early days. :lol:

We can laugh now, but it was shit in the pants at the time :shock: :shock: :oops: :oops:
I didn't see it at the time as I was turned to the side talking to my Dad thinking there was no danger. The look on my Dad's face told me something bad almost happened.Had to wait till I got home to watch it. :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Clummo99 wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:54 pm
Out of interest I watched Villarreal vs Kiev earlier.

Emery had them playing a very aggressive, hard and fast press around the Kiev box when the keeper had the ball. Kiev really struggled with it at times.

Made me wonder how our snowflakes would cope with that! :rubchin: :lol:
Something tells me our snowflakes would become Melts. :?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Clummo99 wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:43 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
Clummo99 wrote:

I remember all the brave talk about the winners mentality he was bringing to the dressing room and how Maureen was supposedly livid that the Chavs had sanctioned the sale - yeah right, just like they were gutted Willian left!

I watched that helmet headed has been prick's first game against West Ham from a bar in Turkey and he was so fucking shit and cost us the game, that i ended up getting wankered with my nephew all afternoon, only for the missus to come storming down a few hours later saying I'd ruined the whole day :D :D
Yep my mind was made up on him after that debut. Both goals were his fault. A decent keeper would have saved both.
Didn't Kryten win the Golden Gloves that first season with us....? :D

In fact the only keepers of ours to win it in the PL were two of our worst.... Kryten and Chesney. :lol:

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

Double, Double, Double (post)

Sol Campbell has won the Double.

:barscarf:
Last edited by Clummo99 on Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:29 pm
Clummo99 wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:43 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
Clummo99 wrote:

Didn't Kryten win the Golden Gloves that first season with us....? :D

In fact the only keepers of ours to win it in the PL were two of our worst.... Kryten and Chesney. :lol:
I just looked it up and apparently he did. :lol:

Stupid award anyway as it doesn't take into account the defenders playing in front of the keeper.

If it was around in 91 David Seaman would have won it when we only conceded 18 goals in a season. We all know that was just as much down to the 4 or 5 playing in front of him as it was Seaman.

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Clummo99 wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:10 am

And the scum from the lane
Have won fuckall again

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

StuartL wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 7:46 pm
Clummo99 wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:10 am

And the scum from the lane
Have won fuckall again

And Sol Campbell has won the Double! :barscarf: