West Ham dirty murdering scum A Sun 21st Mar KO 3pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
IW8Goalmachine

Re: West Ham dirty murdering scum A Sun 21st Mar KO 3pm

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Ernie71 wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:02 pm
Match up between the Scottish David Moyes and the Spanish David Moyes
The difference being one of them can actually manage a team.

I wonder which one :hmmthink:

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:39 am
Ernie71 wrote:

If you are honestly comparing Gollum favourably to Arteta??
Gollum has been in management for 23 years!
During his illustrious career has managed to win a Division 2 title with Preston, lost a Div 1 play off and an fa cup final!
Arteta may not be the man for Arsenal, but has already had more success than c u n t face Moyes.

Midz

Post by Midz »

A win today would be nice heading in to the boring break. Good luck Arsenal.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

goonersid wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:37 am
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Ernie71 wrote:

During his illustrious career has managed to win a Division 2 title with Preston, lost a Div 1 play off and an fa cup final!
Arteta may not be the man for Arsenal, but has already had more success than c u n t face Moyes.
I'd say getting Everton into the Champions League is more than El Beige will ever manage in his career

Not saying Moyes is suddenly a god amongst managers but I think he's proved he's a decent PL manager of the years

West Ham signed one player in the transfer window, so when everyone bangs on about how much of a rebuilding job Arteta has on his hands, do any of us seriously think that West Ham have a better squad than us?

This is a team that have got our cast off in goal (a man deemed surplus to Almunia once upon a time), Craig fucking Dawson as first choice centre half and Mikel Antonio as their main striker. They'd dream of being able to throw around the sort of money that we did on Auba, Gabriel, Lacazette etc.....when they're buying fucking Jarod Bowen from Hull as their star man

Moyes is an infinitely better manager than El Beige......and he's proving it this year. Their wage bill is probably less than half of ours

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Martinelli looked lively in his 9 min appearance, deserves a start....whether he gets it is another matter

Artetas selections are hard to predict, and baffling at times

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Arteta may be a good coach But, he is NO Manager...again much like Wenger.

Martinelli should start today...if he does he WILL Score. :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:41 am
goonersid wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Ernie71 wrote:

I'd say getting Everton into the Champions League is more than El Beige will ever manage in his career

Not saying Moyes is suddenly a god amongst managers but I think he's proved he's a decent PL manager of the years

West Ham signed one player in the transfer window, so when everyone bangs on about how much of a rebuilding job Arteta has on his hands, do any of us seriously think that West Ham have a better squad than us?

This is a team that have got our cast off in goal (a man deemed surplus to Almunia once upon a time), Craig fucking Dawson as first choice centre half and Mikel Antonio as their main striker. They'd dream of being able to throw around the sort of money that we did on Auba, Gabriel, Lacazette etc.....when they're buying fucking Jarod Bowen from Hull as their star man

Moyes is an infinitely better manager than El Beige......and he's proving it this year. Their wage bill is probably less than half of ours
I think Moyes has proven that given time he can get a fair to middling club performing well in the top flight. Certainly not good enough for a top job but a good manager and coach at the lower PL level.

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

SteveO 35 wrote:
goonersid wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Ernie71 wrote:

FFS Stevo, the c u n t has been at it 23 fucking years and won diddly fucking squat!
Harry fucking Redknapp has won more!
Arteta is a novice, but has already won more and lets wait and see where the shammers are in may.

John F

Post by John F »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 11:55 am
Arteta may be a good coach But, he is NO Manager...again much like Wenger.

Martinelli should start today...if he does he WILL Score. :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
That is my view on Arteta.I keep reading about how the players love his coaching and some fans and players believe that equates to being a good manager.It takes a different skill set to be successful in management and from what I have witnessed in most games Arteta is still struggling with his in game management,player selection and tactics.There are plenty of examples of good coaches failing in management.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Clummo99 wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:00 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
goonersid wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Ernie71 wrote:

I think Moyes has proven that given time he can get a fair to middling club performing well in the top flight. Certainly not good enough for a top job but a good manager and coach at the lower PL level.
I don't think he was given enough time at United - Sir Rednose got that ageing team to win the title with Van Rapist up front almost winning it single handed and I don't think anyone has come close since. Van Gaal, Maureen and the Little Goblin have been given far more to spend and haven't come close to winning it since. They bang on about Maureen finishing 2nd but FFS they were 19 points behind City and only 4 above the vermin, so despite all the money they've thrown at Pogba, Maguire and fuck knows who else, I don't think any of the managers since Fergie have done anything of note.

Having West Ham in 5th is a really top effort - they are one of those that when I look at the team, I just can't work out how they've managed to get up there as they seem full of bang average players. If they beat us today they would be level with the Chavs in 4th who have spent their usual fortune.

I had a look at their team from their 1-0 defeat at Man Ure - Flapper, Diop, Dawson, Cresswell, Rice, Coufal, Noble, Soucek, Johnson, Bowen, Antonio.

If you looked at that team on paper, how many of those would we select for our own team? Rice most likely ahead of any of the three mongs, Diop is probably on par with a number of our centre halves and after that I'm struggling. It says everything about the two managers that they are 5th and we are 10th going into today's game

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:58 pm
Clummo99 wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
goonersid wrote:
IW8Goalmachine wrote:

I don't think he was given enough time at United - Sir Rednose got that ageing team to win the title with Van Rapist up front almost winning it single handed and I don't think anyone has come close since. Van Gaal, Maureen and the Little Goblin have been given far more to spend and haven't come close to winning it since. They bang on about Maureen finishing 2nd but FFS they were 19 points behind City and only 4 above the vermin, so despite all the money they've thrown at Pogba, Maguire and fuck knows who else, I don't think any of the managers since Fergie have done anything of note.

Having West Ham in 5th is a really top effort - they are one of those that when I look at the team, I just can't work out how they've managed to get up there as they seem full of bang average players. If they beat us today they would be level with the Chavs in 4th who have spent their usual fortune.

I had a look at their team from their 1-0 defeat at Man Ure - Flapper, Diop, Dawson, Cresswell, Rice, Coufal, Noble, Soucek, Johnson, Bowen, Antonio.

If you looked at that team on paper, how many of those would we select for our own team? Rice most likely ahead of any of the three mongs, Diop is probably on par with a number of our centre halves and after that I'm struggling. It says everything about the two managers that they are 5th and we are 10th going into today's game
I'd say they're a classic case of a team being greater than the sum of its parts. Properly managed and properly coached they're performing well.

I disagree with you on Moyes at Man U. Whilst I agree he didn't get the support and, like us, following a very successful manager he was always on a hiding to nothing but I don't think he quite has what it takes for a top job.

His first stint at the Hammers was just a stop gap appointment so don't think that should be held against him either.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Clummo99 wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:08 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:58 pm
Clummo99 wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
goonersid wrote:

I'd say they're a classic case of a team being greater than the sum of its parts. Properly managed and properly coached they're performing well.

I disagree with you on Moyes at Man U. Whilst I agree he didn't get the support and, like us, following a very successful manager he was always on a hiding to nothing but I don't think he quite has what it takes for a top job.

His first stint at the Hammers was just a stop gap appointment so don't think that should be held against him either.
Well, i certainly wouldn't be calling for him to be Arsenal manager these days, although I must admit that when I first wanted Wenger gone back in about 2009, I thought he was a great contender for the work he'd done at Everton. I think he's probably scarred by the Man U experience now and has settled back in with smaller clubs again where the expectations are lower.

The problem I have now is that where would we look to if we sacked El Beige? We clearly won't do a Chavski and break the bank for an Allegri, and I very much doubt even someone like Conte. I also wonder if we'd ever look down a level, like the days when they appointed Graham and Rioch? Probably not. If Arteta does go, I think the club needs to have a serious think about what they're after because if it really is CL football, I don't think any 37 year old is going to magic that up any time soon......and if they're not going to go for the top end of the market or look downwards that probably leaves us fishing in the middle ground with the likes of Moyes, Eddie Howe etc.

As a number of us said.....the worry after Wenger was watching this incompetent board with no contacts in English football try to manage their way out of it. Almost 3 years on and it doesn't feel like we are any closer to resolving that issue

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Let the whinging commence.

Starting lineup: Leno, Chambers, Luiz, Mari, Tierney, Partey, Xhaka, Saka, Ødegaard, Lacazette, Aubameyang

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Was expecting a chance at CB but was hoping Luiz would be the one to sit it out. 3 games in 7 days in those calamitous legs is asking for trouble.

He already looked fucked in the second half Thursday after the exploits of the NLD, so playing him again today could be asking for trouble. Hope not.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:02 pm
Let the whinging commence.

Starting lineup: Leno, Chambers, Luiz, Mari, Tierney, Partey, Xhaka, Saka, Ødegaard, Lacazette, Aubameyang
Whinging :shock:

On here :shock:

Not havin it :lol: