Whatever happened to......

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: Whatever happened to......

Post by OneBardGooner »

Scientists have discovered the reason (ie: the secret Fifth force ion nature) that caused Denison, Santos and now willian and Dhaka to move so slowly on a Football pitch.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/56643677

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Whatever happened to the Wenger Out thread? Didn’t that banner originate from here?

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

There's still never been a poster to bring joy to my life in the way Red Member did

I still picture him sleeping on his Theo Walcott pillowcase, cuddling an Alex Song teddy bear

The funniest poster on here by far !

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

No more heroes anymore
No more heroes anymore

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Did there not used to be a poster on here called Pork Hunt?? That's a username that tickled me :lol: or am.i just thinking were all Pork Hunts for following The Arsenal :oops: :lol:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Retro is fine...we are pretty much in daily contact. Every now and again we question what happened to Jumpers...he literally vanished overnight...stopped answering his phone....just vanished :? :? :?

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

xisstential wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:02 am
Retro is fine...we are pretty much in daily contact. Every now and again we question what happened to Jumpers...he literally vanished overnight...stopped answering his phone....just vanished :? :? :?
Pleased he is okay, please pass on my best regards :barscarf:

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Remember DS, think she was 1 of the few women on here.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:03 pm
Yup. Met DS and Pixie, two great ladies off of here, at a scum match years ago. Great laugh. DS popped in a couple years ago to call us all cùnts in her inimitable style. :lol:

BT was also a lady and very knowledgeable about football.

We lost a lot of great posters during the last 5 or 6 years of the Wenger reign because we had a couple of real cùnts on here that made the place just poisonous.

the playing mantis

Post by the playing mantis »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:47 pm
mcdowell42 wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:03 pm
Yup. Met DS and Pixie, two great ladies off of here, at a scum match years ago. Great laugh. DS popped in a couple years ago to call us all cùnts in her inimitable style. :lol:

BT was also a lady and very knowledgeable about football.

We lost a lot of great posters during the last 5 or 6 years of the Wenger reign because we had a couple of real cùnts on here that made the place just poisonous.
come on DB augie and sid arn't that bad!

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

StuartL wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:46 pm
xisstential wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:02 am
Pleased he is okay, please pass on my best regards :barscarf:
Will do...I'll tell him to come and post himself :) :)

Jumpers is kind of a worry...he just vanished whilst we were organizing the goodbye plane for Wenger (Hull I think??) Only away game we won the entire season. Anyway as I said, just vanished...was really odd, he hated Wenger with an absolute passion....Actually makes me laugh just thinking about it :lol: :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

TopCat??

Retro Gunner

Post by Retro Gunner »

I've heard from Xistential that you're all missing me. :lol: :wink:

Unfortunately for you lot, I'm alive and well, so I'll be back to post pearls of wisdom once again, in the vain hope of educating a few on here....especially the Dublin mod !

On a serious note, being a Gooner has become hard, tedious and unenjoyable work. That's nothing to do with entitlement, but a lot to do with around 15 years of car crash management of our club and the killing of all hope and fun. I often wish that I could stop caring, but as for most of us, that appears to be an impossibility, even though the victories are no longer as sweet and the defeats sting far less (sometimes not at all :( ).

I'm watching a club where the overall direction of travel has been inexorably backwards for well over a decade and surely football at any level is about some green shoots of progress every now and then and some hope to cling to ? Sadly, I think we all know that as long as the Kroenkes own the club (quite apart from having an ill-equipt, floundering novice at the helm), then there is no hope. Solidly mid table this season and if the management structure remains as it is for next season, then we'll have a relegation battle to look foward to. Happy days indeed.

Hope I've cheered you all up.....and don't worry, I'll make sure I'm back with more stirring, uplifting messages. :lol: :barscarf:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:49 pm

Unfortunately for you lot, I'm alive and well, so I'll be back to post pearls of wisdom once again, in the vain hope of educating a few on here....especially the Dublin mod !

On a serious note, being a Gooner has become hard, tedious and unenjoyable work. That's nothing to do with entitlement, but a lot to do with around 15 years of car crash management of our club and the killing of all hope and fun. I often wish that I could stop caring, but as for most of us, that appears to be an impossibility, even though the victories are no longer as sweet and the defeats sting far less (sometimes not at all :( ).

I'm watching a club where the overall direction of travel has been inexorably backwards for well over a decade and surely football at any level is about some green shoots of progress every now and then and some hope to cling to ? Sadly, I think we all know that as long as the Kroenkes own the club (quite apart from having an ill-equipt, floundering novice at the helm), then there is no hope. Solidly mid table this season and if the management structure remains as it is for next season, then we'll have a relegation battle to look foward to. Happy days indeed.

Hope I've cheered you all up.....and don't worry, I'll make sure I'm back with more stirring, uplifting messages. :lol: :barscarf:
Good to have you back with us Retro :barscarf:

Happy days indeed.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Retro Gunner wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:49 pm

I never said that....I said they were all talking crap about you behind your back and you better get back on there and defend yourself :lol: :lol: :lol: