Worst title defenders EVER* H Sat April 3rd Ko 8pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
GoonerMuzz

Re: Worst title defenders EVER* H Sat April 3rd Ko 8pm

Post by GoonerMuzz »

Delusion is the inability to see or deliberately ignoring what is sitting right in front of you, jesus wept every one of you complains about the players listed above, this isn't about one game in a season it is about an entire season, no team wins every game and no team plays well every game, as i said take out our best 11 and look at what we have to replace it, Xhaka for example will never be a good player no matter who manages him, christ peak Wenger, Red nose, Allegri, Pep couldnt make him a good player but keep deluding yourselves if it makes you feel better or more 'Arsenal'.

Then again if any of those managers, or other better ones had been available and brought in after Wenger went we wouldn't be where we are now, most of those players would not be here simple as that. Yes Pep could get this squad playing better that doesn't mean he would get them playing better than those currently above us, we really are that bad and the depth of our squad is pathetic, sometimes it is not about the individual skill of the players but the team as a whole and quite a few of our players have the worst attitudes i have seen in over 40 years in Arsenal shirts.

Bellerin, Nketiah, Chambers, Holding, Soares, Willock, Nelson, Maitland-Niles, you really think they are good enough when required? Questions hang over Gabriel and Partey, Tierney is probably one of our best players with the best attitude but may have picked up another injury today so which of our cracking squad replaces him and puts in the same effort and application he does, Saka who was one of our best players for most of the first half of the season seems burnt out in the last few games, ESR injured who replaces him with the same dynamism..... Managers can only work with what they have and what they can bring in, i seriously doubt even Pep could turn this team around currently, stabalise it where it is, maybe push for eigth but no more than that.

Our wider squad is crap, i wouldn't rate half of them as decent journeymen, fitting one or maybe two in might be possible for a great manager but even the best manager would struggle to make 3 good subs from our squad at the moment

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta: "They were better in every department. I take the blame, it's my responsibility. They were the best team by far. They won by three goals and it could have been more.

"They won every duel, every second ball, every challenge. To be fair, I'm in shock. I didn't expect that one coming. It's my job to make things better. Today we hit a really low level. It was not acceptable.

"For sure we cannot hit that level again. When you represent this club you have to stand up and take the challenge."

Yeah yeah mate - you might be in shock but I'm not remotely surprised. You haven't got a clue what our best system is. You've ruined our captain - one of the best strikers in Europe. You've ruined our midfield by playing the three stooges all season. You sold our best keeper. You change our centre half pairing every week. You prefer Pepe and Willian to Martinelli. You've dumped ESR - the bloke who dug us put of 15th spot. You farmed out all the left sided defenders and we now have one left footed full back

I'm not shocked by any of it. You haven't got a fucking clue.

markyp

Post by markyp »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:55 pm
Delusion is the inability to see or deliberately ignoring what is sitting right in front of you, jesus wept every one of you complains about the players listed above, this isn't about one game in a season it is about an entire season, no team wins every game and no team plays well every game, as i said take out our best 11 and look at what we have to replace it, Xhaka for example will never be a good player no matter who manages him, christ peak Wenger, Red nose, Allegri, Pep couldnt make him a good player but keep deluding yourselves if it makes you feel better or more 'Arsenal'.

Then again if any of those managers, or other better ones had been available and brought in after Wenger went we wouldn't be where we are now, most of those players would not be here simple as that. Yes Pep could get this squad playing better that doesn't mean he would get them playing better than those currently above us, we really are that bad and the depth of our squad is pathetic, sometimes it is not about the individual skill of the players but the team as a whole and quite a few of our players have the worst attitudes i have seen in over 40 years in Arsenal shirts.

Bellerin, Nketiah, Chambers, Holding, Soares, Willock, Nelson, Maitland-Niles, you really think they are good enough when required? Questions hang over Gabriel and Partey, Tierney is probably one of our best players with the best attitude but may have picked up another injury today so which of our cracking squad replaces him and puts in the same effort and application he does, Saka who was one of our best players for most of the first half of the season seems burnt out in the last few games, ESR injured who replaces him with the same dynamism..... Managers can only work with what they have and what they can bring in, i seriously doubt even Pep could turn this team around currently, stabalise it where it is, maybe push for eigth but no more than that.

Our wider squad is crap, i wouldn't rate half of them as decent journeymen, fitting one or maybe two in might be possible for a great manager but even the best manager would struggle to make 3 good subs from our squad at the moment
So what your saying is Leicester squad is far superior to ours? Albrighton over partey? maddison over ESR or odegaard? Name me a Leicester player better than Saka,lacazette or an on form Aubameyang? Every single team has water carriers, including city or Liverpool, its about having enough quality which we do have and getting it to play,even if we had messi,Ronaldo and de Bruyne we'd be no better off as long as Artetas manager.i guess Chelsea incredible up turn in form since sacking lampard has nothing to do with getting in a decent manager?

augie

Post by augie »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:55 pm

Have you ever seen football both domestically and internationally, as shit as it is right now ? Nobody here would disagree with you for one minute about how weak in quality our squad is in comparison to previous years, but you are totally ignoring the fact that every other club has seen their squad quality nosedive too. Citeeh are gonna win this league by a distance, but imo it is by far the worst citeeh team since they "got wealthy". In my opinion there are at best two teams with a better quality first 11 than us, and there are maybe 3 or 4 on a similar level to us. A top manager would have us top 4 no doubt. Of course our squad isnt deep enough to challenge for the big trophies, but no way would we be behind villa (1pt behind us with 2 games in hand), everton, scum, leicester, the shammers, and chavski and manure are weaker than us too

By all means point out our glaring weaknesses, but you need to recognise that "our rivals" are even more shit than us and thus we could and should be higher

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:58 pm
Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta: "They were better in every department. I take the blame, it's my responsibility. They were the best team by far. They won by three goals and it could have been more.

"They won every duel, every second ball, every challenge. To be fair, I'm in shock. I didn't expect that one coming. It's my job to make things better. Today we hit a really low level. It was not acceptable.

"For sure we cannot hit that level again. When you represent this club you have to stand up and take the challenge."

Yeah yeah mate - you might be in shock but I'm not remotely surprised. You haven't got a clue what our best system is. You've ruined our captain - one of the best strikers in Europe. You've ruined our midfield by playing the three stooges all season. You sold our best keeper. You change our centre half pairing every week. You prefer Pepe and Willian to Martinelli. You've dumped ESR - the bloke who dug us put of 15th spot. You farmed out all the left sided defenders and we now have one left footed full back

I'm not shocked by any of it. You haven't got a fucking clue.

The thing with the second paragraph is that it is his fault,so why the fuck isn’t he’s doing something about it,week after week it’s the same,same mistakes,same errors,same lack of a commitment,same lack of fight,toothless,gutless,spineless,but while he’s untouchable he can keep spouting this diatribe can’t he,he changes his personel every week and they are as shit as what he’s dropped,I can’t see an end to it,he’s a bigger fraud than lord wenger,Rocky would be fucking ashamed with what this clubs become

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Villa and West Ham could only dream about our wage bill and transfer budget of recent years.

Could they sign an Aubameyang, Partey or Ozil? Could they fuck...

Its how you spend it, and how your manager gets the best out of them.

West Ham signed one player in the summer. Villa were signing their main men from Brentford. We pumped out 45m for Partey - a supposedly world class midfielder from the top team in La Liga

Give Arteta this season, next season, any number of seasons. Give him 300m to spend. None of it compensates the total lack of managerial experience and there are other managers at other clubs that will see us sink further back next season too

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Leaving aside the debacle that is tonight's performance, the fact we are struggling to finish top half and bar fluking our way to winning the EL, we will have no European football next season, yet still there is zero pressure on Arteta, speaks volumes.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

BBC Post Match Interview Comments by Captain Scarlet:

Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta: "They were better in every department. I take the blame, it's my responsibility. They were the best team by far. They won by three goals and it could have been more.

Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp: "As a package it was a good performance. We finished our situations off. Arsenal were not really in the game for the whole 95 minutes. That was down to us.

"We had to keep going and keep the momentum. I wasn't frustrated at half-time. We had to work hard and when you do that you have a good chance of winning.

"When people talk about you in the wrong way, you want to react. It was a sensational cross by Trent for the [first] goal."

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I was delighted when Auba signed the New Deal, but I am beginning to think we may have made a mistake.

His form since then has been very Hit & Miss (No pun intended). :?

He seems more interested in what to spend his millions on and a ridiculous hair style that makes him look like an "Erb Dealer" from Mandrell Road in Brixton, I know because I know someone in that area who looks exactly the same and sells De Erb for a living (AND he can play football to a decent standard)

Whilst he can play on the left and cut in he is No TH14 nor ever will be, I think he is being played wrong by Captain Scarlet and so perhaps the blame lies also with him.

We were so Awful last night it was 100% Embarrassing.

#ARTETAOUT

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

"This might surprise you" says the Sky presenter proudly this morning

"Look at Arteta's league record - he's managed for one less game than Unai Emery, and had four more defeats and managed four few victories"

Yeah I'm absolutely stunned mate. Amazing isn't it to think that results don't matter any more and the measure of progress is winning the cup Wenger won 7 times and still got sacked

Is this c.unt still employed by us today? Of course he is.

Do we think another dozen 0-3 defeats would matter? No we don't.

Will losing to Slavia matter? No it won't

Stuck with this imposter manager till his contract is up, and with this imposter owner for as long as he is alive

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:07 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:53 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:51 pm
How Alexander Arnold can’t get in the England squad is beyond me
Who gives a fuck mate?
Exactly and to add, because he's been shit all season and everyone knows it, come and play the Arsenal though and you'll look world fuckin class.

I'm done with football for now, I just can't be arsed because the club can't.

I could take this shit if we were a club struggling financially and just happy to be in the pl and getting the odd win against the big boys.

BUT we are the the 11th richest club in the world paying huge wages and transfer fees but being run like a rymans league club.

And the smaller clubs get better results against the bigger clubs than we do, it's fuckin embarrassing and I can't actually take the piss out of chav, manure, lpool, shitty, totnumb, fans that I know because I always know ours are going to be worse.

DB delete my account please.

Good luck boys, stay safe and well.
I'm not gonna delete your account Lefty. I feel your pain and despondency but I'm hoping after a break you might come back. So I'll leave it open for you. Take care and do come back!

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

Just saw the Gabriel attempted “tackle” for the salah goal,looks like it was meant to be one for the cameras,the last ditch brilliant intervention,when he could have just cleared it,then watching butter wrists get nut-megged from 2 yards out,sums up the fucking club in a nutshell

goonersid

Post by goonersid »

Last night was worse than anything endured under Emery, I'd have to go back as far as the 1-5 drubbing by Bayern to make a comparison!
I'm going to stick my neck out here and say, I actually think he might resign if things continue as they are :rubchin:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Players not giving a shit, a manager with no idea, games just drifting away week after week, all hope pinned to a minor cup. Feels like any time over the last 15 years. We have moved nowhere in about 20 years.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

rodders999 wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:40 pm
Gabriel giving zero fucks there :roll:
Hes getting used to the mentality of the club now.....started half decent for a couple of games (same with partey) now they are getting used to the level we want