Worst title defenders EVER* H Sat April 3rd Ko 8pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Worst title defenders EVER* H Sat April 3rd Ko 8pm

Post by DB10GOONER »

Before Tierney got injured yesterday he was constantly looking to play the ball forward. Looking for the runner into the channel, looking for Boomerang to make a run. He ended up mostly having to check back or try beat the man himself and even then when he got to the touchline to whip one in we had no one in the middle attacking their box. Tierney looked increasingly frustrated at having to check back and give the ball sideways or backwards. He has looked frustrated in a good few games.

At what point does this obviously talented player think "fuck this carry on, I should be at an ambitious club with a top manager"?

Similarly, Gabriel and Partey both looked half decent when they joined. A few games and a few training sessions under Martinez-Lite later and both look useless.

Martinez-Lite is killing this team and, combined with the Wiggy Racoon headed cùnt owner, this club.

His insistence on playing Xhakatard every chance he gets is indicative of a complete fuckwit that either cannot see how shit the player is or whose ego is so out of whack he will literally cut off his nose to spite his face in some lame pathetic attempt to prove he knows best no matter what the evidence is in front of him. :roll:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:44 am
Before Tierney got injured yesterday he was constantly looking to play the ball forward. Looking for the runner into the channel, looking for Boomerang to make a run. He ended up mostly having to check back or try beat the man himself and even then when he got to the touchline to whip one in we had no one in the middle attacking their box. Tierney looked increasingly frustrated at having to check back and give the ball sideways or backwards. He has looked frustrated in a good few games.

At what point does this obviously talented player think "fuck this carry on, I should be at an ambitious club with a top manager"?

Similarly, Gabriel and Partey both looked half decent when they joined. A few games and a few training sessions under Martinez-Lite later and both look useless.

Martinez-Lite is killing this team and, combined with the Wiggy Racoon headed cùnt owner, this club.

His insistence on playing Xhakatard every chance he gets is indicative of a complete fuckwit that either cannot see how shit the player is or whose ego is so out of whack he will literally cut off his nose to spite his face in some lame pathetic attempt to prove he knows best no matter what the evidence is in front of him. :roll:
100% agree. Its absolutely nonsensical when people say on here that he shouldn't be doing better with this group of players. We're below Everton, and their starting line up for their last game was:

Neves, Coleman, Holgate, Mina, Godfrey, Digne, Sigurdsson, Allan, Andre Gomes, Calvert-Lewin, Richarlison

How many of those would you take?

West Ham are above us with Fabianski, Coufal, Dawson, Diop, Cresswell, Soucek, Rice, Bowen, Lingard, Benrahma, Antonio

Same question

Villa 1 point behind us with 2 games in hand:

Martinez, Cash, Konsa, Mings, Targett, Douglas Luiz, McGinn, Traore, Sanson, Trezeguet, Watkins

Likewise....

The overall direction of the club for the past decade and the fact Arteta is here - blame Kroenke

The pathetic season we're in when we've slipped to new depths - blame Arteta

Our starting line up yesterday cost over £300m and also includes someone like Odegaard supposedly value at £50m and the Getafe fairy valued at £22m. Teams around us are spending a fraction of that - we're level on points with fucking Leeds, christ alive

This farcical experiment has to end soon, or this ship is sailing towards the Championship

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

We've seen some truly appalling performances over recent years but that one yesterday is sticking in my craw more than any other for some reason.

Was it lack of tactics? Was it lack of effort? Was it lack of ability? I really don't know but I'm left feeling very angry and perturbed today.

I thought that I didn't care anymore, that my passion for Arsenal had been dampened but I was obviously wrong.

Like so many others on here I can't see an end to this shite anytime soon.

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:58 pm
Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta: "They were better in every department. I take the blame, it's my responsibility. They were the best team by far. They won by three goals and it could have been more.

"They won every duel, every second ball, every challenge. To be fair, I'm in shock. I didn't expect that one coming. It's my job to make things better. Today we hit a really low level. It was not acceptable.

"For sure we cannot hit that level again. When you represent this club you have to stand up and take the challenge."

Yeah yeah mate - you might be in shock but I'm not remotely surprised. You haven't got a clue what our best system is. You've ruined our captain - one of the best strikers in Europe. You've ruined our midfield by playing the three stooges all season. You sold our best keeper. You change our centre half pairing every week. You prefer Pepe and Willian to Martinelli. You've dumped ESR - the bloke who dug us put of 15th spot. You farmed out all the left sided defenders and we now have one left footed full back

I'm not shocked by any of it. You haven't got a fucking clue.
9th in the table, 12 league games lost SO FAR, a series of utterly shambolic performances including a 3/4 game losing streak (December was a nightmare), we are in the back foot in most games and he's shocked?

We've been outclassed by Villa, Burnley and Everton this year but losing to the current champions is what shocks him? The man is off his fucking head.

He's dragging us down and he has free reign to do so. It's going to take us years to be free of this *word censored*. :banghead:

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

I agree with just about all the posts above. This was a pathetic performance & just to top it off our best player gets injured again. Auba is now becoming hard to watch. His body language is bad & that reflects his overall effort during most games. Imagine any of the subs watching him out there fannying around week after week & what must they be thinking ?. The boss must rate him better than me & he's fuckin shite. It's going to be interesting to see just how many of the lightweight overpaid players we get rid of in the summer. 40 points may be harder to achieve next year than this. Please start by getting a few players in the side that will tackle & win the ball back instead of this backing off & going backward crap. We need Geoff Strong or 'Rocky' back in there !!. At least have a fuckin go. :barscarf: :barscarf:

Clash

Post by Clash »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:44 am

Great post mate and I share your fears about KT coming to a point where he realises he is wasting his career with us. Hurts to say that but he is not seeing the real Arsenal and I dont know if he ever will.

Also think with regard to that :censored: Xhaka that Arteta will actually put a lot of yesterdays awful performance down to him missing the game and so he'll be even more inclined to keep him than he already was :banghead:

Clash

Post by Clash »

Clummo99 wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:57 am
We've seen some truly appalling performances over recent years but that one yesterday is sticking in my craw more than any other for some reason.

Was it lack of tactics? Was it lack of effort? Was it lack of ability? I really don't know but I'm left feeling very angry and perturbed today.

I thought that I didn't care anymore, that my passion for Arsenal had been dampened but I was obviously wrong.

Like so many others on here I can't see an end to this shite anytime soon.
Feel exactly the same mate. I really wasn't expecting anything like that yesterday and I am still fucking livid.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Another fallout from yesterdays debacle is that now Arteta, like he ever needed an excuse, will convince everyone who will listen that we missed Xhaka.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

xisstential wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:54 pm
Another fallout from yesterdays debacle is that now Arteta, like he ever needed an excuse, will convince everyone who will listen that we missed Xhaka.
It's already started mate - read some of the little gems on here!

https://twitter.com/AFTVMedia/status/13 ... 6652225539

We better not attempt to sell him...cause his shoes are too big for anyone to fill we saw that in yesterday's defeat

Very important..we could all see last night why he plays every match.

Funny enough we all criticize him each time he plays.. Now we all know how vital and important he is to us

That's how Arsenal fan's (Gooner's) never appreciate what they have

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:07 pm
xisstential wrote:

We better not attempt to sell him...cause his shoes are too big for anyone to fill we saw that in yesterday's defeat

Funny enough we all criticize him each time he plays.. Now we all know how vital and important he is to us

Jesus Christ. AFTV really is the home of morons. :oops:

If the Xhakatard clown had played we all know we'd have lost 5 nil and seen him sent off for something stupid. :roll:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:13 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
xisstential wrote:

If the Xhakatard clown had played we all know we'd have lost 5 nil and seen him sent off for something stupid. :roll:
Be fair now mate - there was a massive lack of pointing out there on that pitch last night!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:16 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:13 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
xisstential wrote:

Be fair now mate - there was a massive lack of pointing out there on that pitch last night!
True. Hleballos gave it a go early on with a few points but he just does not have that Xhakatard pointing magic!

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:55 am
Our starting line up yesterday cost over £300m and also includes someone like Odegaard supposedly value at £50m and the Getafe fairy valued at £22m. Teams around us are spending a fraction of that - we're level on points with fucking Leeds, christ alive
I think the prices and wages Arsenal have paid are ridiculous and Tierney aside, I would happily get rid of everyone who started yesterday’s game.

The only four players I have any time for are Tierney, Smith Rowe, Martinelli and Saka. And reading yesterday prior to the game that Arsenal would consider selling Saka for Captain Black’s rebuild beggared belief. Still can’t believe Martinez was sold and we kept pi$$ poor Leno.