Worst title defenders EVER* H Sat April 3rd Ko 8pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Clummo99

Re: Worst title defenders EVER* H Sat April 3rd Ko 8pm

Post by Clummo99 »

goonertux wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:03 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:57 pm
TeeCee wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:55 pm
12 games lost this season and very likely to end up at 15 or 16 by the end. Arteta OUT!!
You should be directing your anger at Kroenke
Rob - I always look out for your posts, particularly when we play like tonight, as I just can’t work out your optimism and blind faith? I admire it in some ways but do you not see how bad we are? Arteta is a rabbit in the headlights and proves, week to week, he hasn’t got a clue. This is not on Kroenke. Yes, he’s a bald, greedy yankee prick, but tonight is down to Arteta and the players. End of.
Rob's opinions are very much like my 10 year old daughter's :lol:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:53 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:51 pm
How Alexander Arnold can’t get in the England squad is beyond me
Who gives a fuck mate?
Exactly and to add, because he's been shit all season and everyone knows it, come and play the Arsenal though and you'll look world fuckin class.

I'm done with football for now, I just can't be arsed because the club can't.

I could take this shit if we were a club struggling financially and just happy to be in the pl and getting the odd win against the big boys.

BUT we are the the 11th richest club in the world paying huge wages and transfer fees but being run like a rymans league club.

And the smaller clubs get better results against the bigger clubs than we do, it's fuckin embarrassing and I can't actually take the piss out of chav, manure, lpool, shitty, totnumb, fans that I know because I always know ours are going to be worse.

DB delete my account please.

Good luck boys, stay safe and well.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

goonertux wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
TeeCee wrote:
12 games lost this season and very likely to end up at 15 or 16 by the end. Arteta OUT!!
Rob - I always look out for your posts, particularly when we play like tonight, as I just can’t work out your optimism and blind faith? I admire it in some ways but do you not see how bad we are? Arteta is a rabbit in the headlights and proves, week to week, he hasn’t got a clue. This is not on Kroenke. Yes, he’s a bald, greedy yankee prick, but tonight is down to Arteta and the players. End of.
I’m not an Arteta fan - I’m just not prepared to criticise him until the end of the season.
My point is with Kroenke and his cronies in charge we will never appoint anyone any good as manager
And even if we did then they would get zero backing to ever improve the team. That is the sad reality .
There is NO ambition at the club

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

A Liverpool* midfield of Thiago, Fabinho and Milner (combined age of 273!) absolutely bossed that tonight.

I can only recall a weak Pepe header and a Cedric shot as the total sum of our goal attempts. Please someone point out that I missed some.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

From Twatter -

Since 2003, Arsenal have managed three or fewer shots five times in the Premier League - four of those have been in games under Mikel Arteta.

:shock:

Fucking shocking.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Clummo99 wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:11 pm
A Liverpool* midfield of Thiago, Fabinho and Milner (combined age of 273!) absolutely bossed that tonight.

I can only recall a weak Pepe header and a Cedric shot as the total sum of our goal attempts. Please someone point out that I missed some.
That was it sadly and the Pepe header wouldn’t even have counted because Auba was offside in the build up.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

That Gabriel missed slide tackle clearance gets worse and worse on every viewing.

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

For those saying they wouldn't replace any of ours players with anyone from Spammers, Everton etc, i'd like to remind you that we have Xhaka, Elnenny, Ceballos, Willian, Pepe and even Kolasinac who is out on loan, are you sure you couldnt find a single player in the supposedly inferior squads above us to replace those?

Seriously i'm all for supporting the team through thick and thin but the delusion in some of our fans beggar's belief.... Christ we could probably find players in an under 16's school team to replace those twats...... it is not about our best 11 it is about our total squad and it is woeful, we get injuries or suspensions and what we have to call up is attrocious.

We got what the club deserved tonight, and we are exactly where we deserve to be through mismanagement from the owners, the board and downwards, they took too long to get shot of Wenger, they brought in the wrong type of Coach to replace him and then took it to extremes by engaging a complete novice to carry out a rebuild on a squad which had been in decline for nearly a decade where we had already lost significant revenue by dropping out of the CL.

Arteta has to go and the longer he is retained the further we will fall and the harder it will be to bring in the sort of Manager we need to turn things round, god knows who that will be by the way because without CL football and increasingly looking like no European football after this season, tighter and tighter revenue squeezing excuses from the top and we struggle to bring in anything other than someone to stablilise in mid-table.

augie

Post by augie »

goonertux wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:
TeeCee wrote:

Any chance someone can drive over that rabbit ?? :rubchin:

wirsindeinvolk

Post by wirsindeinvolk »

Fulham, Chelsea, Everton, Leicester, Manchester City, Brighton, Manchester Utd, Southampton, Burnley all beat Liverpool.

Newcastle, West Brom both drew.

We just pulled our pants down...

augie

Post by augie »

Arteta

"At the moment I am in shock"

:coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit: :coffeespit:

augie

Post by augie »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:21 pm
For those saying they wouldn't replace any of ours players with anyone from Spammers, Everton etc, i'd like to remind you that we have Xhaka, Elnenny, Ceballos, Willian, Pepe and even Kolasinac who is out on loan, are you sure you couldnt find a single player in the supposedly inferior squads above us to replace those?

Seriously i'm all for supporting the team through thick and thin but the delusion in some of our fans beggar's belief.... Christ we could probably find players in an under 16's school team to replace those twats...... it is not about our best 11 it is about our total squad and it is woeful, we get injuries or suspensions and what we have to call up is attrocious.

We got what the club deserved tonight, and we are exactly where we deserve to be through mismanagement from the owners, the board and downwards, they took too long to get shot of Wenger, they brought in the wrong type of Coach to replace him and then took it to extremes by engaging a complete novice to carry out a rebuild on a squad which had been in decline for nearly a decade where we had already lost significant revenue by dropping out of the CL.

Arteta has to go and the longer he is retained the further we will fall and the harder it will be to bring in the sort of Manager we need to turn things round, god knows who that will be by the way because without CL football and increasingly looking like no European football after this season, tighter and tighter revenue squeezing excuses from the top and we struggle to bring in anything other than someone to stablilise in mid-table.

Ok, if you want to go there, answer me this

Install Pep as our manager and tell me then how many squads finish above us ?

Reality is that our squad isnt at the desired level, but it is a lack of tactics, courage and motivation that is screwing us

markyp

Post by markyp »

GoonerMuzz wrote:

Pick our strongest 11 against the strongest spurs,united,west ham,Leicester and Everton line ups,ours wins hands down every single time,you saying mark noble or Albrighton are better than what we have?

markyp

Post by markyp »

augie wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:30 pm
GoonerMuzz wrote:

Ok, if you want to go there, answer me this

Install Pep as our manager and tell me then how many squads finish above us ?

Reality is that our squad isnt at the desired level, but it is a lack of tactics, courage and motivation that is screwing us
If Rodgers was our manager with those
Players at his disposal wed be comfortable top 4

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

wirsindeinvolk wrote:
Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:26 pm
Fulham, Chelsea, Everton, Leicester, Manchester City, Brighton, Manchester Utd, Southampton, Burnley all beat Liverpool.

Newcastle, West Brom both drew.

We just pulled our pants down...
Sums it up mate. As I said, a team like Brighton or Burnley would put up more fight

This fucking myth about us being better against the big clubs was confused by the cup wins and beating the Liverpool team that had already won the league last season

We are crap against the big teams. The four league games against City and Liverpool have barely seen us lay a glove on them. The away performance against the vermin was abysmal. The home performance was better but Emery and Wenger beat that lot at home too - they've won once in something like 20 attempts at our place. We beat Man Ure with a penalty when they were at their lowest ebb and could have played till next week and not scored from open play

Those cup wins have glossed over everything else.

The football is the most boring, sterile shite since the mid 90s

As soon as we go a goal down in these big games its game over