Saliva Prague H Europa lge Quarter Final First leg Thurs 8th April KO 8pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Post Reply
User avatar
augie
Posts: 27393
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:03 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: Saliva Prague H Europa lge Quarter Final First leg Thurs 8th April KO 8pm

Post by augie »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:30 pm
goonersid wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:22 pm
:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: Great result :barscarf:
Why is that a great result ????
If you support Spurs then maybe



And you need to decide if you are an AFC fan or an arteta fan, cos the way he is running this club you cant be both. I have seen you defend him for the most indefensible fcuk ups a manager can make, and it seems like your loyalty is to pep's cone boy

User avatar
augie
Posts: 27393
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:03 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: Saliva Prague H Europa lge Quarter Final First leg Thurs 8th April KO 8pm

Post by augie »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:15 pm
Like others i'm getting numb to it all, it hurts less and less each week.... i think most of us were expecting to concede after we scored and we weren't disappointed.

Even 3 years ago i'd have been fuming after the performance and result tonight, the performance against the Victims would have had me in a shit mood for a fortnight, now i'm just meh about it.

Even if Arteta were sacked tomorrow it wouldn't make any difference, we wont attract a top manager and the younger hungrier managers would struggle to impose themselves on the players here, the hierarchy at the club would step in to protect their diminishing 'assets' above some mere Manager.

Arteta is a tit but he, like Wenger's extended stay, is ultimately not responsible for his appointment and actually i dont fully blame Wiggy or Josh for it (to a degree) either, there are supposed to be professionals with footballing insight and understanding at the club to advise on these things for example Edu, Raul before he 'quit' so how the fuck did they think appointing a novice manager would wash. Ultimately Wiggy signed off on it, but Edu and others must have backed the call because they sure as hell didn't resign over it........

Arsenal as we knew it growing up is dead and buried, it is now purely a entertainment franchise run by some Americans, unless someone can somehow oust Wiggy we will fester mid-table for a long, long time :rubchin:



The thing is muzz, we dont need to attract a top manager - we need to attract someone with some idea on tactics and what he is doing, and someone who can organise a team. I could name a dozen managers off the top of my head that can get this team to play better than they are with this fool, and that is without bringing any new players in. Ideally what we need is a manager like the leipzig manager - a youngish manager whose star is def on the rise, but who hasnt done enough yet to be offered one of the really top jobs. Failing that I would have no probs appointing an eddie howe manager on a 2 year deal just to bring in some experience and organisation, but a guy that wouldnt be on a long term deal thus avoiding any bigger financial implications if it didnt work out. This isnt working and you can twist this any which way you like and it still wont work - the club needs to accept that, remove him next Friday (IF we get knocked out next thursday night), and at least put an end to this torture

I should also add that regardless of who our next manager is, bellend laca luiz xhaka willian auba and pepe need to be gone - some are bad eggs and some are past their best, but regardless we need to turn the page and start afresh

User avatar
BFG4
Posts: 1932
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:57 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: Saliva Prague H Europa lge Quarter Final First leg Thurs 8th April KO 8pm

Post by BFG4 »

The amount of people online defending Arteta based on the missed chances is beyond infuriating. Some people feel like sacking a clearly out of his depth manager is wrong, as though we should be some form of holiday camp. When we crash out next week, they still won't sack him and there are more than enough wankers in the media who will happily proclaim him as a genius while shifting all the blame onto the players.

Gunner Rob
Posts: 6853
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:05 pm

Re: Saliva Prague H Europa lge Quarter Final First leg Thurs 8th April KO 8pm

Post by Gunner Rob »

augie wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:41 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:30 pm
goonersid wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:22 pm
:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: Great result :barscarf:
Why is that a great result ????
If you support Spurs then maybe

And you need to decide if you are an AFC fan or an arteta fan, cos the way he is running this club you cant be both. I have seen you defend him for the most indefensible fcuk ups a manager can make, and it seems like your loyalty is to pep's cone boy
I haven't been defending him, i have just been reluctant to criticize him until the end of the season.
you can't defend something like last night though, i agree with that. Arteta deserves all the abuse he is going to get if we lose to Slavia Prague over 2 legs.

The point is though that every Arsenal fan needs to get behind him whilst we are still in the Europa, because things are not suddenly going to get any better if we crash out of it - they are actually highly likely to get a lot worse. With no european football next season I imagine that the club will try and sell any saleable asset that we have this summer eg Saka to try and raise some funds.

Redarmy
Posts: 6063
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:45 pm
Location: Avenell Road

Re: Saliva Prague H Europa lge Quarter Final First leg Thurs 8th April KO 8pm

Post by Redarmy »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:16 am
augie wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:41 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:30 pm
goonersid wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:22 pm
:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: Great result :barscarf:
Why is that a great result ????
If you support Spurs then maybe

And you need to decide if you are an AFC fan or an arteta fan, cos the way he is running this club you cant be both. I have seen you defend him for the most indefensible fcuk ups a manager can make, and it seems like your loyalty is to pep's cone boy
I haven't been defending him, i have just been reluctant to criticize him until the end of the season.
you can't defend something like last night though, i agree with that. Arteta deserves all the abuse he is going to get if we lose to Slavia Prague over 2 legs.

The point is though that every Arsenal fan needs to get behind him whilst we are still in the Europa, because things are not suddenly going to get any better if we crash out of it - they are actually highly likely to get a lot worse. With no european football next season I imagine that the club will try and sell any saleable asset that we have this summer eg Saka to try and raise some funds.
Played well...can still make the final :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Redarmy
Posts: 6063
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:45 pm
Location: Avenell Road

Re: Saliva Prague H Europa lge Quarter Final First leg Thurs 8th April KO 8pm

Post by Redarmy »

Willian is taking the piss, looks like hes saving his fucking energy.......

Thats artetas golden bollox....another mistake

It wont get any better hes lost.....big talk but dont carry it through

First mistake and its an obvious one moving as a player to manager at the same club...hes too close to the players...and has his favourites

User avatar
augie
Posts: 27393
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:03 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: Saliva Prague H Europa lge Quarter Final First leg Thurs 8th April KO 8pm

Post by augie »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:16 am
augie wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:41 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:30 pm
goonersid wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:22 pm
:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: Great result :barscarf:
Why is that a great result ????
If you support Spurs then maybe

And you need to decide if you are an AFC fan or an arteta fan, cos the way he is running this club you cant be both. I have seen you defend him for the most indefensible fcuk ups a manager can make, and it seems like your loyalty is to pep's cone boy
I haven't been defending him, i have just been reluctant to criticize him until the end of the season.
you can't defend something like last night though, i agree with that. Arteta deserves all the abuse he is going to get if we lose to Slavia Prague over 2 legs.

The point is though that every Arsenal fan needs to get behind him whilst we are still in the Europa, because things are not suddenly going to get any better if we crash out of it - they are actually highly likely to get a lot worse. With no european football next season I imagine that the club will try and sell any saleable asset that we have this summer eg Saka to try and raise some funds.



Wenger was wrapped in a comfort blanket by many fans and it allowed him remain in the job years longer than he should have - the man was only ousted when enough fans showed their displeasure to make it a business and an image decision to replace him, and because we are a business first and foremost nowadays, negative publicity is all that will facilitate change

User avatar
rodders999
Posts: 14812
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:59 pm
Location: Diamond Club

Re: Saliva Prague H Europa lge Quarter Final First leg Thurs 8th April KO 8pm

Post by rodders999 »

Willian either can't or won't run, he's paralysed with fear when it comes to taking on his man either with pace or some sort of trickery so he just cuts back inside and passes to someone else every single time.

He has zero confidence and looks like a someone who'd rather be anywhere than at this club, starting him in an indictment on the manager and he deserves all the shit that's coming his way because of it.

User avatar
augie
Posts: 27393
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:03 pm
Location: Ireland

Re: Saliva Prague H Europa lge Quarter Final First leg Thurs 8th April KO 8pm

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:38 am
Willian either can't or won't run, he's paralysed with fear when it comes to taking on his man either with pace or some sort of trickery so he just cuts back inside and passes to someone else every single time.

He has zero confidence and looks like a someone who'd rather be anywhere than at this club, starting him in an indictment on the manager and he deserves all the shit that's coming his way because of it.



I know that it isnt related to last nights game per se, but my lad was telling me the other day that no player has dribbled past saliba in a league game this season

User avatar
SteveO 35
Posts: 19009
Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 7:01 pm
Location: Abou's fan club

Re: Saliva Prague H Europa lge Quarter Final First leg Thurs 8th April KO 8pm

Post by SteveO 35 »

augie wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:15 am
rodders999 wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:38 am
Willian either can't or won't run, he's paralysed with fear when it comes to taking on his man either with pace or some sort of trickery so he just cuts back inside and passes to someone else every single time.

He has zero confidence and looks like a someone who'd rather be anywhere than at this club, starting him in an indictment on the manager and he deserves all the shit that's coming his way because of it.



I know that it isnt related to last nights game per se, but my lad was telling me the other day that no player has dribbled past saliba in a league game this season
But it is related to the bigger picture

Choice between the two keepers - wrong
Choice as first choice right back for most of the season - wrong
Choosing no left footed full back to cover Tierney - wrong
Punting out Saliba and Sokratis but extending Side Show's deal and rotating the pairing every fucking game - wrong
Choosing to blow £45m on a CDM who has been nothing but shite and give up on Aouar or any other attacking talent - wrong
Recalling and regularly playing Elneny - wrong
Re-signing Getafe on loan - wrong
Playing Nketiah for 15 odd games and letting Balogun wind down his deal - wrong
Xhaka first name on the team sheet - wrong
Willian/Pepe ahead of Martinelli - wrong


Honestly, the man is a prize goon of the highest order. I'd go as far as to say I'd welcome Arsene Wenger back ahead of him.....words I never thought I would say.

He hasn't got us defending better (zero clean sheets in 14 games), we aren't more competitive in the big games (less points against the top 4 than under Emery), he hasn't cleared out all the deadwood (barely any, and has actually brought in more of his own), and he's got us playing garbage football - the worst I've seen in 25 years

Every day spent on him is a wasted one.

Gunner Rob
Posts: 6853
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:05 pm

Re: Saliva Prague H Europa lge Quarter Final First leg Thurs 8th April KO 8pm

Post by Gunner Rob »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:29 am
augie wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:15 am
rodders999 wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:38 am
Willian either can't or won't run, he's paralysed with fear when it comes to taking on his man either with pace or some sort of trickery so he just cuts back inside and passes to someone else every single time.

He has zero confidence and looks like a someone who'd rather be anywhere than at this club, starting him in an indictment on the manager and he deserves all the shit that's coming his way because of it.



I know that it isnt related to last nights game per se, but my lad was telling me the other day that no player has dribbled past saliba in a league game this season
But it is related to the bigger picture

Choice between the two keepers - wrong
Choice as first choice right back for most of the season - wrong
Choosing no left footed full back to cover Tierney - wrong
Punting out Saliba and Sokratis but extending Side Show's deal and rotating the pairing every fucking game - wrong
Choosing to blow £45m on a CDM who has been nothing but shite and give up on Aouar or any other attacking talent - wrong
Recalling and regularly playing Elneny - wrong
Re-signing Getafe on loan - wrong
Playing Nketiah for 15 odd games and letting Balogun wind down his deal - wrong
Xhaka first name on the team sheet - wrong
Willian/Pepe ahead of Martinelli - wrong


Honestly, the man is a prize goon of the highest order. I'd go as far as to say I'd welcome Arsene Wenger back ahead of him.....words I never thought I would say.

He hasn't got us defending better (zero clean sheets in 14 games), we aren't more competitive in the big games (less points against the top 4 than under Emery), he hasn't cleared out all the deadwood (barely any, and has actually brought in more of his own), and he's got us playing garbage football - the worst I've seen in 25 years

Every day spent on him is a wasted one.
I must admit that when you put it like that.... :D
my decision to not criticize him until the end of the season is getting harder to justify with each passing game, but if we either 1. dont win the Europa or 2. qualify for the Europa next season then yes he has to go.
whether he will go I very much doubt as I can't see Kroenke paying him off.

arrgee
Posts: 285
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:16 pm

Re: Saliva Prague H Europa lge Quarter Final First leg Thurs 8th April KO 8pm

Post by arrgee »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:29 am

Choice between the two keepers - wrong
Choice as first choice right back for most of the season - wrong
Choosing no left footed full back to cover Tierney - wrong
Punting out Saliba and Sokratis but extending Side Show's deal and rotating the pairing every fucking game - wrong
Choosing to blow £45m on a CDM who has been nothing but shite and give up on Aouar or any other attacking talent - wrong
Recalling and regularly playing Elneny - wrong
Re-signing Getafe on loan - wrong
Playing Nketiah for 15 odd games and letting Balogun wind down his deal - wrong
Xhaka first name on the team sheet - wrong
Willian/Pepe ahead of Martinelli - wrong
I won’t have that! Elneny has been the best defensive midfielder. Admittedly not much competition.

There are a few more wrongs. Runarsson?? The dicking around in defence?? Signing Willian?? Maitland Niles, Nelson & Willock as permanent reserves?? Odegaard - was he needed??

The only right thing he has done all season was to bring Smith Rowe into the first XI and even that would not have happened had Willian being available on Boxing Day.

User avatar
Arsenal Till I Die
Posts: 3317
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 6:06 pm
Location: North London

Re: Saliva Prague H Europa lge Quarter Final First leg Thurs 8th April KO 8pm

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Anyone else notice how much better we were going forward when Willian went off?

It's hardly a coincidence that we never look like scoring when he comes on from the bench, or starts a game.

User avatar
Clummo99
Posts: 1000
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:09 pm

Re: Saliva Prague H Europa lge Quarter Final First leg Thurs 8th April KO 8pm

Post by Clummo99 »

Willian isn't someone you see smile that much is he. So obvious that he doesn't want to be here really. Useless miserable prick.

arrgee
Posts: 285
Joined: Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:16 pm

Re: Saliva Prague H Europa lge Quarter Final First leg Thurs 8th April KO 8pm

Post by arrgee »

Clummo99 wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:40 pm
Willian isn't someone you see smile that much is he. So obvious that he doesn't want to be here really. Useless miserable prick.
He wants to be at Arsenal. Where else could he pocket £200k/week for sweet fa? And he has a 3 year contract :banghead:

Post Reply