Welcome Kieran Tierney Thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Welcome Kieran Tierney Thread

Post by OneBardGooner »

Yes, I'm guessing you are thinking What the F*ck is he on about? "Welcome Kieran Tierney".

Well there have been welcome threads for the likes of Gabriel, Auba, Lacazette even for that feckin' has-been yet never was nor will ever be Huff n Puff Willian :roll:

I know because I've just gone back 15 Looooooooooong pages of threads and couldn't find one and for me he is or could be the future of Arsenal FC

Only young but with totally the right attitude to his game, to the Fans and simply put a Dedicated Young Footballer who must be the signing of the last 2 years.

And to top it all he delivers not just for us but for his National Team apparently he was MOTM last night in their game against The Faroe Islands:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvXTRSeefFo

(okay so they're all sheep & goat farmers, fishermen or Horse dentists...BUT...Fact is he won Scotland the match (not that I give a shyte about them) But thought the lad deserve this own thread - Late Yes...But deserved??? Most definitely

If we fail to keep hold of him then it will truly show just how far we have fallen as a club & team

ps: Apologies to the mods - Hey! Who am I kidding there's only one Mod!...BUT if there is a thread on Tierney and I missed it, I apologise. :oops:

GoonerMuzz

Re: Welcome Kieran Tierney Thread

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I can't find it but the interview Robertson gives after the match is full of praise for Tierney which considering Robertson has been intimated as the bet LB in England (by some) says it all.

We need to keep Tierney, and keep him fit, more than any other player in my opinion, because he has the attitude and desire we have missed for a long time and it will rub off on those about him :barscarf:

Midz

Post by Midz »

Kieran Tierney is one of if not the best piece of transfer business we've done in the last decade.
We always play better with him in the team.

I know it's a tad late but welcome to the Arseanal anyway. :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I'm surprised we didn't have a Welcome KT thread tbh. I thought we did but can't find it either.

Anyway he is a proper baller and I hope a future (as in next season) Arsenal captain. One of the few modern players, indeed one of the few modern Arsenal players, I don't hate.

If we had 4 more with his attitude and ability we'd have a team capable of doing something. But unfortunately I think ultimately he's gonna get frustrated and look for a move to an ambitious club that isn't owned by a Sarcoptic Mange Mite. :|

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

If we'd have had this boy fully fit and available from the start I think things would have turned out differently. Its not often you see a full back make such a massive difference, but compare him to that big fat Bosnian pile of dump and its like a team transformed.

One of the very few players I'm delighted to call a Gooner - someone the fans can relate to for once, and hopefully someone who stays with us for years to come

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

Out for the season unless we get to the Europa Final.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:19 am
It's safe to say without him were not making the final anyway.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Just when we think things cannot get worse... BANG!

KT is my favourite player at the club - close second Saka & Martinelli - then ESR... all the others can go and fuckk Themselves (Odegaard doesn't count as he has only just arrived) the rest!!!??? Bunch of fuckingg pansies :box: :cussing:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
Don’t see any report of that anywhere?

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal confirm Kieran Tierney has suffered ligament damage in his knee. No surgery required, due back to full training in four to six weeks.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:12 pm
Arsenal confirm Kieran Tierney has suffered ligament damage in his knee. No surgery required, due back to full training in four to six weeks.
Which by our medical teams standards.. will probably mean 4 to 6 weeks then realise he needs surgery :rubchin: and he will be fucked for months..

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

rodders999 wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:17 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Don’t see any report of that anywhere?
Just confirmed.

A11M11

Post by A11M11 »

No he will get fit just in time to piss off for Scotland again and come back injured.

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Kieran Tierney provides unconvincing injury update amid fears of long lay-off at Arsenal

https://t.co/epg6SGFq4t https://t.co/HkvXPfsocn

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 9:54 pm
Kieran Tierney provides unconvincing injury update amid fears of long lay-off at Arsenal

https://t.co/epg6SGFq4t https://t.co/HkvXPfsocn
You're letting your game slip Mac! That's a link to a link! And the "report" has nothing to do with his "fears of a long lay off at Arsenal". :?