Sheff Utd A dead rubber Sun 11th April KO 7pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
robbo10

Re: Sheff Utd A dead rubber Sun 11th April KO 7pm

Post by robbo10 »

I just saw on the news that Berndt Leno has attempted to commit suicide.....

He’d thrown himself in front of a train...........but it went under him :lol:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

This game will be one of the biggest borefests of the season with tippy tappy the order of the day. I just know I will regret watching it!

Herd

Post by Herd »

I would play an entire reserve team ,would be better to watch !
I bet he starts martinelli who he should rest and play next week but knowing captain black he wont

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Herd wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:54 am
I bet he starts martinelli who he should rest and play next week but knowing captain black he wont
He's so bored with us lot saying 'play Martinelli' that he's planning to spend £35m on another one :D

https://metro.co.uk/2021/04/10/arsenal- ... -14388420/

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:00 am
Herd wrote:
He's so bored with us lot saying 'play Martinelli' that he's planning to spend £35m on another one :D

:lol:

Finally we might get to see Martinelli get more than 10 minutes on the pitch! :lol:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:54 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
Herd wrote:

Finally we might get to see Martinelli get more than 10 minutes on the pitch! :lol:
Want to place a bet on that, he'll be resting him and keeping him fit for......something?

Anyway if PEA has managed to catch the flu, the only person who has during lockdown I might add, maybe we should put him in goal rather than Leno :wink:

I reckon I might just paint a wall this afternoon and sit and watch it from about 7pm :barscarf:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:30 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
Herd wrote:

Want to place a bet on that, he'll be resting him and keeping him fit for......something?

Anyway if PEA has managed to catch the flu, the only person who has during lockdown I might add, maybe we should put him in goal rather than Leno :wink:

I reckon I might just paint a wall this afternoon and sit and watch it from about 7pm :barscarf:
I'm having a loft extension built at the moment and the builders are a week or so behind, so if anyone fancies joining me?

I might invite you to the official opening BBQ once it's done :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Arsenal FC (Official):

Calum Chambers

Calum is now back in full training and available for selection, after missing Thursday's match against Slavia Prague due to a slight knock.

David Luiz

Right knee. As announced earlier in the week, David Luiz underwent a small procedure on his right knee last weekend.

The intervention went well and David is rehabilitating with the medical team.

David is expected to be back to full fitness and available for selection in the upcoming weeks.

Martin Odegaard

Right ankle. Martin has been experiencing discomfort to his right ankle since being on international duty.

Martin missed Thursday's match against Slavia Prague and continues to be assessed ahead of Sunday's match regarding his availability.

Emile Smith Rowe

Left ankle. Emile sustained a sprain to his left ankle during the match against Slavia Prague on Thursday and is being assessed ahead of Sunday's match regarding his availability.

Kieran Tierney

Left knee. Kieran sustained ligament damage to his left knee during last weekend's match against Liverpool.

As announced earlier in the week, surgery will not be required and it's hoped that Kieran will be back in full training within four to six weeks.

Apparently they are using the excuse that Aubamayang is "Feeling Unwell". :roll:

All other players in the men’s first team squad are currently available for selection.

If captain scarlet doesn't play Martinelli from the start then we will have confirmed what we already strongly suspect : that Pepe's Ex-Cone Boy does Not rate or like him.

#ArtetaOut

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 11:12 am
Apparently they are using the excuse that Aubamayang is "Feeling Unwell". :roll:

#ArtetaOut
Why do I have the uneasy feeling of deja vu...

In bed with sickness?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

arrgee wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:11 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:

#ArtetaOut

In bed with sickness?
Can't blame the snowflake - I'd be feeling unwell with a feckkin haircut like that!

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:37 pm
arrgee wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

#ArtetaOut

In bed with sickness?
Can't blame the snowflake - I'd be feeling unwell with a feckkin haircut like that!
Maybe it’s because I’m old but I’d but I’d expect my captain to get off his sickbed and lead his team with a poxy cold,shows what a melt he is when he won’t even tell arteta he wants to play through adversity,then again this is Arsenal in 2021,the football equivalent of the very well paying retirement home

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

robbo10 wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:58 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 12:37 pm
arrgee wrote:
OneBardGooner wrote:

#ArtetaOut

In bed with sickness?
Maybe it’s because I’m old but I’d but I’d expect my captain to get off his sickbed and lead his team with a poxy cold,shows what a melt he is when he won’t even tell arteta he wants to play through adversity,then again this is Arsenal in 2021,the football equivalent of the very well paying retirement home
Just had Talksport on in the car and an Arsenal supporting journo was on there taking the piss too with the "only man with flu in the UK" line. As he pointed out too, given the bubble the players are in, it must be the only team where a single member of the team has got flu and nobody else. I can't defend Auba's attitude, but I can understand him not enjoying playing left wing-back under cock features. A piece of managerial genius again that saw a double golden boot winner, looking like he can't give a fuck anymore. Be interesting to see who takes the armband seeing as Luiz is out too - probably the Quorn munching eco warrior which just about sums up the level of leadership in this squad.

augie

Post by augie »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Arsenal FC (Official):

Calum Chambers

Calum is now back in full training and available for selection, after missing Thursday's match against Slavia Prague due to a slight knock.

David Luiz

Right knee. As announced earlier in the week, David Luiz underwent a small procedure on his right knee last weekend.

The intervention went well and David is rehabilitating with the medical team.

David is expected to be back to full fitness and available for selection in the upcoming weeks.

If captain scarlet doesn't play Martinelli from the start then we will have confirmed what we already strongly suspect : that Pepe's Ex-Cone Boy does Not rate or like him.

#ArtetaOut

Intervention ?? Is he injured or possessed by some poltergeist ?? :? :? :? :roll: :roll: :roll:

Midz

Post by Midz »

He's been possessed with something for a long time as to what I don't know.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:30 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
Herd wrote:

Its a different Martinelli mate. :lol:

And if "Football Genius" Martinez-Lite has signed him then he'll play him no matter what he's like.... :roll: