Sheff Utd A dead rubber Sun 11th April KO 7pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
falkirk goon

Sheff Utd A dead rubber Sun 11th April KO 7pm

Post by falkirk goon »

Sorry about the boringly shite thread title lads but boring and shite is how this season's going eh :oops: I wonder what line up el beige stupid barnet arsehole will pick here :rubchin: These fannies have been shite all season but I expect they'll pick up a point or 3 from us the gift that keeps on giving..

SteveO 35

Re: Sheff Utd A dead rubber Sun 11th April KO 7pm

Post by SteveO 35 »

falkirk goon wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:34 pm
Sorry about the boringly shite thread title lads but boring and shite is how this season's going eh :oops: I wonder what line up el beige stupid barnet arsehole will pick here :rubchin: These fannies have been shite all season but I expect they'll pick up a point or 3 from us the gift that keeps on giving..
No apology needed my friend - you can post 38 dead rubber threads next season too if this helmet is still in charge

The rock paper scissors game is already underway to decide who plays centre half

Martielli has been told to rest for 28 days given his 18 minute run out tonight

Mat Ryan is helping me unblock my drains whilst butter wrists goes through the motions again

The result - they will score, we might. Nobody will care much. El Beige will say its nowhere near the standard required before producing more of the same for the next game, the one after that, the one after that and.....well you know

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Basically, what SteveO said.

marka123

Post by marka123 »

For f**ks sake, the league season is dead, please just play Martinelli, Balogun, Azeez, Nelson etc for the remainder. If we lose, so be it but what is the f**king point of playing the piss taking senior players in these matches.

Arteta is much more latter day Wenger than I'd previously feared.

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

marka123 wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:20 pm
For f**ks sake, the league season is dead, please just play Martinelli, Balogun, Azeez, Nelson etc for the remainder. If we lose, so be it but what is the f**king point of playing the piss taking senior players in these matches.

Arteta is much more latter day Wenger than I'd previously feared.
Can’t see any good reason not to start Martinelli along with Nelson and Nketiah. Also play Mari and Elneny. And Ryan in goal. And tell them that if they perform they have a shot of playing on Thursday. However you can be sure Captain Black won’t take that approach...

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

Bullied by northern shite,part 261,you just know it.........

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

robbo10 wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:27 pm
Bullied by northern shite,part 261,you just know it.........
We really have become the northerners' bitch. :oops:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Sheffield United 11/2 to win this- that's good enough value for me

If El Beige really does want Balogun to stay, you'd think he'd play him in every league match between now and the end of the season wouldn't you? Along with Martinelli, and also give Azeez and a couple of other kids some game time. Wouldn't that offer some hope, and give some experience

But he won't of course - it will be the same sorry c.unts rotated once more. Will it be Mari, Holding or Gabriel? Will it be Chambers or Bellend? Will it be Partey, Xhaka, Getafe or Elneny? Auba or Lacazette? Willian or Pepe?

Who fucking knows? Who fucking cares?

Another wasted match with this helmet in charge

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

falkirk goon wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:34 pm
So FG is it a Dead Rubber or a used Johnny? :D I feel certain our Rodders would want to know...given his self-proclaimed fetishes etc :wink:

GoonerMuzz

Post by GoonerMuzz »

It would be fair to say I can some up most peoples feelings about this in one word.....'Meh' :cussing:

arrgee

Post by arrgee »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:06 am

If El Beige really does want Balogun to stay, you'd think he'd play him in every league match between now and the end of the season wouldn't you? Along with Martinelli, and also give Azeez and a couple of other kids some game time. Wouldn't that offer some hope, and give some experience
Of what I have seen of the U23s I wouldn’t be starting Balogun nor Azeez just yet. Neither are ready. Both need a bit more time. By way of comparison, Nelson looked like a superstar last time I saw U23s. And surely better than Willian.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

arrgee wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:57 am
SteveO 35 wrote:

Of what I have seen of the U23s I wouldn’t be starting Balogun nor Azeez just yet. Neither are ready. Both need a bit more time. By way of comparison, Nelson looked like a superstar last time I saw U23s. And surely better than Willian.
The problem is when will they be ready? Balogun is 20 years old now, and he looked ready when he played in the Europa. All of the league games between now and the end of the season are a waste of space, so what better way to get ready for the PL by having a free hit for the last few games?

augie

Post by augie »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:58 pm
arrgee wrote:
Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:57 am
SteveO 35 wrote:

The problem is when will they be ready? Balogun is 20 years old now, and he looked ready when he played in the Europa. All of the league games between now and the end of the season are a waste of space, so what better way to get ready for the PL by having a free hit for the last few games?

That's the bottom line for me too, and the only thing that might raise some interest in watching the game for me

Being honest I want sheffield united to stay up :oops: :oops:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

I fucking hope to god he doesn’t play Nketiah or Nelson!! Both make Laca and Willian look like Messi on steroids! Both of those young guys are championship players at best. He needs to play a front three of PEA in the middle, Martinelli left, Peepee right. ESR playing no. 10.

Do not under any circumstance play The Benidorm Beachballer Dani Flobbaloss, 49 year old Willian or Bellend!! Oh, and PLEASE drop Leno FFS he couldn’t even catch Covid kissing everyone in an Intensive care unit!!

mcdowell42

Post by mcdowell42 »

Arsenal are without Aubameyang + Smith Rowe for Sunday trip to Sheffield United — Aubameyang has flu, Smith Rowe an ankle issue. #AFC will hope they recover in time for Europa League QF 2nd leg at Slavia Prague on Thursday @TheAthleticUK #SUFC #SHUARS #UEL https://t.co/KKkO9xpRv9