Fulham Fartpipes H Sun 18th Apr KO 130pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Gunner Rob

Re: Fulham Fartpipes H Sun 18th Apr KO 130pm

Post by Gunner Rob »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:01 pm
Absolutely nothing riding on this - surely the perfect time to play Mat Ryan, Martinelli, Azeez and Balogun.

But he won't - Leno, Willian, Elneny and Nketiah all to start - and prove what we already know about all of them
Big game and we need 3 points - so play same team as on Thursday, build some momentum.
Win this and we are just 2 points behind the scum and closing in on 7th place, which would be a Europa League place, should we just fail short in trying to win the actual thing.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

rodders999 wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:36 pm
BobbyPires7 wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:34 pm
Best away day in London. :barscarf:
Game is at home 8)

We payed them away on the first day of the season, the one and only game that Willian wasn’t complete shite :lol:
Yeah I know. That day was Willian’s 49th birthday.

John F

Post by John F »

BobbyPires7 wrote:
I loved going there always a good atmosphere. I don't think there is a better walk to an away ground than Craven Cottage.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:17 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
Absolutely nothing riding on this - surely the perfect time to play Mat Ryan, Martinelli, Azeez and Balogun.

But he won't - Leno, Willian, Elneny and Nketiah all to start - and prove what we already know about all of them
Big game and we need 3 points - so play same team as on Thursday, build some momentum.
Win this and we are just 2 points behind the scum and closing in on 7th place, which would be a Europa League place, should we just fail short in trying to win the actual thing.
Lets get it right Rob - 7th place gets you in to next season's Conference, the third tier competition! Now don't get me wrong, I'd rather be in that that nothing at all but we have no hope of even getting into the Europa League.....that's how far we've dropped. Hardly a big game in the scheme of things

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

John F wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:17 am
BobbyPires7 wrote:
I loved going there always a good atmosphere. I don't think there is a better walk to an away ground than Craven Cottage.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Are you being serious!!!?????

What!?????

You can walk on water!????

:D

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:03 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

Lets get it right Rob - 7th place gets you in to next season's Conference, the third tier competition! Now don't get me wrong, I'd rather be in that that nothing at all but we have no hope of even getting into the Europa League.....that's how far we've dropped. Hardly a big game in the scheme of things
Ah ok I hadn’t realised there was one less place in the Europa next season.
No problem - we just need to finish 6th :D

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:04 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:03 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

Ah ok I hadn’t realised there was one less place in the Europa next season.
No problem - we just need to finish 6th :D
:rubchin:

6th of what???? :rubchin: :?

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Just wanted to clarify:

Kick-off is at 13:30pm (Post Meridian) and NOT 130pm :roll: :D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Just saw an interview with Parker. He was dressed like a 1970s California university lecturer in the worst cardigan I've ever seen. :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

Only five changes to the starting line up today :wink:

Ryan, bellend, holding, gabriel, swiss turd, ceballos, elneny, smith-rowe, saka, laca, martinelli

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

"Just saw an interview with Parker. He was dressed like a 1970s California university lecturer in the worst cardigan I've ever seen"

:lol:

Why does that not surprise me.

Just watched an old game of Arsenal vs Fulham (At the bowl) Arteta was playing mid-field and I now understand why he Loves Xhaka so much.

He played the ball backwards more than any other player on our team, he was unadventurous, dire and slow, passing the ball back when other options were clearly available, I think it is an indicator of how he is as a manager/coach...

AND he gave away a penalty, from which Berbatov scored to take the lead to 2 - 3

We equalise through Lampost, then in the 95th minute we are awarded a (dubious) penalty for handball; the possible penalty takers in the team are Podolski, Corzola and Arshavin even Giroud!!! But guess who grabs the ball and steps up to take the pen which could win us the game!?? Yup! good ole Captain Scarlet and what a Lame Fuckking penalty it is...their goalie Schwartzer saves it with ease. :roll:

95th Minute and the USELESS FUCKKER MISSES! and it ended 3 - 3.
Last edited by OneBardGooner on Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

augie

Post by augie »

No ayeez or balogun on bench either - remember balogun knows that arteta has faith in him and that this is his chance to make a statement :roll:

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

Don’t mind that line up at all to be honest. Good to have the Bermuda Triangle of Saka, ESR and Martinelli. We should win this by two or three goals. :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

TeeCee wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:42 am
Don’t mind that line up at all to be honest. Good to have the Bermuda Triangle of Saka, ESR and Martinelli. We should win this by two or three goals. :barscarf:
Fulham are totally different animal to the team we played in the season opener...also they are fighting to avoid relegation.

I Hope you are right, but something tells me this will be a 'Tight' game.

:|

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Why the fleck is the forum being so SLOWWWWW again??? It reminds me of Santos and Denison... :shock: :shock: :shock: