Fulham Fartpipes H Sun 18th Apr KO 130pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Post Reply
Gunner Rob
Posts: 6801
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:05 pm

Re: Fulham Fartpipes H Sun 18th Apr KO 130pm

Post by Gunner Rob »

A European Super League would also finish off SKY
I reckon Amazon and Disney would outbid them to show matches

User avatar
IW8Goalmachine
Posts: 3013
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:15 am
Location: Galway

Re: Fulham Fartpipes H Sun 18th Apr KO 130pm

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Thynker wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:02 pm
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:54 pm
Thynker wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:47 pm
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:44 pm
Thynker wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:36 pm


Who would you want instead and the reasons for doing so?
I would take any experienced manager over arteta and there are many reasons for it. This is Arsenal FC we are talking about, managers would fall over each other to get a chance with us. We have a generation of young footballers coming through and this useless fart pipe is trying his best to fuck them over.

He is a novice, he should be nowhere near this club.
So again, you sack Arteta in the morning or at season's end...

BUT
Who are you going to appoint (that's available) especially given that we may not have European football...?
As I said above, this is Arsenal FC .we have a young generation of players coming through. Believe me plenty of managers will be available.

But here let's just stick our heads in the sand and see how low arteta can bring us
You haven't named one yet.
I've other things to be doing this evening rather than having this discussion.

Lads and ladies stop calling for arteta to be sacked because there's clearly no one available to replace him :lol:

User avatar
Clummo99
Posts: 880
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:09 pm

Re: Fulham Fartpipes H Sun 18th Apr KO 130pm

Post by Clummo99 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:14 pm
A European Super League would also finish off SKY
I reckon Amazon and Disney would outbid them to show matches
DAZN will be the biggest player I'd say.

User avatar
Clummo99
Posts: 880
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:09 pm

Re: Fulham Fartpipes H Sun 18th Apr KO 130pm

Post by Clummo99 »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:16 pm
Thynker wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:02 pm
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:54 pm
Thynker wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:47 pm
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:44 pm


I would take any experienced manager over arteta and there are many reasons for it. This is Arsenal FC we are talking about, managers would fall over each other to get a chance with us. We have a generation of young footballers coming through and this useless fart pipe is trying his best to fuck them over.

He is a novice, he should be nowhere near this club.
So again, you sack Arteta in the morning or at season's end...

BUT
Who are you going to appoint (that's available) especially given that we may not have European football...?
As I said above, this is Arsenal FC .we have a young generation of players coming through. Believe me plenty of managers will be available.

But here let's just stick our heads in the sand and see how low arteta can bring us
You haven't named one yet.
I've other things to be doing this evening rather than having this discussion.

Lads and ladies stop calling for arteta to be sacked because there's clearly no one available to replace him :lol:
I'd say, barring a few people that are entrenched in a club, practically any manager would be tempted with The Arsenal.

Whether we would offer a package decent enough to attract them is a different discussion.

User avatar
OneBardGooner
Posts: 31072
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:41 am
Location: Dark Side Of The Mood

Re: Fulham Fartpipes H Sun 18th Apr KO 130pm

Post by OneBardGooner »

StuartL wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:37 pm
We’ve got our Arsenal back - turgid, slow and painful to watch :barscarf:
We didn’t even deserve the draw, no pace, no movement, just content to knock the ball to and fro in safe positions

Couldn't agree more Stuart, BUT Captain Scarlet thinks "Arsenal Deserved to Win the Game"


https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/56795059

xisstential
Posts: 4265
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:33 am

Re: Fulham Fartpipes H Sun 18th Apr KO 130pm

Post by xisstential »

Clummo99 wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:11 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:07 pm
Clummo99 wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:02 pm
TeeCee wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:54 pm
Truth is, Arteta is not an improvement on Emery.

After 70 odd games he still doesn't know what his best defence is.
After 70 odd games he still doesn't know his best centre midfield partnership
After 70 odd games he still doesn't know his best front 3

Don't even get me started on Arteta's 'In Game' management which is worse than Emery's or Wengers!!

Arsenal are going nowhere under Arteta and that's a real shame as we have a bit of a golden generation of young players coming through now and with a good manager we could be a very good, young team...........but not under Arteta who will chop and change every game as he doesn't really know what to do! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Modern football isn't about playing your "best eleven". It's a squad game now. Most big clubs do it, not only us. Take Man City yesterday for example.
Clummo, honestly mate. Man City have 2 great players in every position and were fighting on four fronts - they're going to win the league, and are as close to the CL as they've ever been. Its a squad game when you've got the squad. Not many of our fans used to mind throwing the League Cup in the bin and the odd FA Cup when we were competing for titles and going deep in the CL. And if it is a squad game, why not throw that open to more of the youngsters?

I'm still waiting to see what the continual rotation of Pepe, Willian, Nketiah, Elneny, Ceballos, Partey, Gabriel, Holding, Luiz, Mari, Chambers, Cedric etc is going to bring any time soon......

The Mickeys strolled the league with a hardcore of players all playing 30+ games each - in the case of VVD, Alexander Arnold, Firmino they played just about every game.

Squad rotation in some places is needed. Seven changes per game, no regular CB pairing, four equally shite central midfielders, two equally flakey tarts in Willian and Pepe.....if anyone can tell me a single positive in that lot that comes from squad rotation, I'm all ears !
I'm not offering any opinions mate, I'm just stating a fact of the modern game.

Unless you're a club like Fulham or Burnley etc then it's all about the first team squad, not just the best eleven.
Just you wait...give Arteta another couple of seasons.

xisstential
Posts: 4265
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:33 am

Re: Fulham Fartpipes H Sun 18th Apr KO 130pm

Post by xisstential »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:07 pm
Clummo99 wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:02 pm
TeeCee wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:54 pm
Truth is, Arteta is not an improvement on Emery.

After 70 odd games he still doesn't know what his best defence is.
After 70 odd games he still doesn't know his best centre midfield partnership
After 70 odd games he still doesn't know his best front 3

Don't even get me started on Arteta's 'In Game' management which is worse than Emery's or Wengers!!

Arsenal are going nowhere under Arteta and that's a real shame as we have a bit of a golden generation of young players coming through now and with a good manager we could be a very good, young team...........but not under Arteta who will chop and change every game as he doesn't really know what to do! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Modern football isn't about playing your "best eleven". It's a squad game now. Most big clubs do it, not only us. Take Man City yesterday for example.
Clummo, honestly mate. Man City have 2 great players in every position and were fighting on four fronts - they're going to win the league, and are as close to the CL as they've ever been. Its a squad game when you've got the squad. Not many of our fans used to mind throwing the League Cup in the bin and the odd FA Cup when we were competing for titles and going deep in the CL. And if it is a squad game, why not throw that open to more of the youngsters?

I'm still waiting to see what the continual rotation of Pepe, Willian, Nketiah, Elneny, Ceballos, Partey, Gabriel, Holding, Luiz, Mari, Chambers, Cedric etc is going to bring any time soon......

The Mickeys strolled the league with a hardcore of players all playing 30+ games each - in the case of VVD, Alexander Arnold, Firmino they played just about every game.

Squad rotation in some places is needed. Seven changes per game, no regular CB pairing, four equally shite central midfielders, two equally flakey tarts in Willian and Pepe.....if anyone can tell me a single positive in that lot that comes from squad rotation, I'm all ears !
Yet Arteta, in his wisdom, threw away our chance in the FA cup so we could fight for 10th.

User avatar
SteveO 35
Posts: 18911
Joined: Sun May 11, 2008 7:01 pm
Location: Abou's fan club

Re: Fulham Fartpipes H Sun 18th Apr KO 130pm

Post by SteveO 35 »

Thynker wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:02 pm
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:54 pm
Thynker wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:47 pm
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:44 pm
Thynker wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:36 pm


Who would you want instead and the reasons for doing so?
I would take any experienced manager over arteta and there are many reasons for it. This is Arsenal FC we are talking about, managers would fall over each other to get a chance with us. We have a generation of young footballers coming through and this useless fart pipe is trying his best to fuck them over.

He is a novice, he should be nowhere near this club.
So again, you sack Arteta in the morning or at season's end...

BUT
Who are you going to appoint (that's available) especially given that we may not have European football...?
As I said above, this is Arsenal FC .we have a young generation of players coming through. Believe me plenty of managers will be available.

But here let's just stick our heads in the sand and see how low arteta can bring us
You haven't named one yet.
Eddie Howe - available now
Antonio Conte - waiting for the call
Max Allegri - out of work for 2+ years

And heaven forbid we'd nick a manager off a smaller club eh.....you know, someone with actual managerial experience who might just be delighted to manage a club like the Arsenal. How about Dean Smith for example? Daniel Farke?

There are plenty 'available' if you're an ambitious club who want to move forward

If you're a bunch of also rans, owned by a total tit, then only 37 year old novices with zero managerial experience are available

User avatar
Arsenal Till I Die
Posts: 3270
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 6:06 pm
Location: North London

Re: Fulham Fartpipes H Sun 18th Apr KO 130pm

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Rafael Benítez. No question, for the time being.

Experienced, knows the league very well, has won European competitions before too.

Also available.

User avatar
OneBardGooner
Posts: 31072
Joined: Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:41 am
Location: Dark Side Of The Mood

Re: Fulham Fartpipes H Sun 18th Apr KO 130pm

Post by OneBardGooner »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:49 pm
Rafael Benítez. No question, for the time being.

Experienced, knows the league very well, has won European competitions before too.

Also available.
Except in the evenings when he's waiting tables. :D

Thynker
Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:08 pm

Re: Fulham Fartpipes H Sun 18th Apr KO 130pm

Post by Thynker »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:16 pm
Thynker wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:02 pm
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:54 pm
Thynker wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:47 pm
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:44 pm


I would take any experienced manager over arteta and there are many reasons for it. This is Arsenal FC we are talking about, managers would fall over each other to get a chance with us. We have a generation of young footballers coming through and this useless fart pipe is trying his best to fuck them over.

He is a novice, he should be nowhere near this club.
So again, you sack Arteta in the morning or at season's end...

BUT
Who are you going to appoint (that's available) especially given that we may not have European football...?
As I said above, this is Arsenal FC .we have a young generation of players coming through. Believe me plenty of managers will be available.

But here let's just stick our heads in the sand and see how low arteta can bring us
You haven't named one yet.
I've other things to be doing this evening rather than having this discussion.

Lads and ladies stop calling for arteta to be sacked because there's clearly no one available to replace him :lol:
The world is full of people complaining and crying about problems but when you ask them for solutions they're remarkably bereft of ideas.
Should Klopp be sacked too? Liverpool are going backwards and may not even get CL football next year.

Personally I would give Arteta a further chance of a year. I understand why others may not want to.
He had the Ozil saga going on half the year. Kolasinac and Mustai were shit stirrers too - just ask the Schalke boss.
Tierney has spent a lot of time injured.

If there are rotten elements to the club, I think Edu's relationship with Joorabchian needs to be looked at. We should not be signing older clients of his on large contracts (WIllian) - our future lies with youth.

User avatar
IW8Goalmachine
Posts: 3013
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:15 am
Location: Galway

Re: Fulham Fartpipes H Sun 18th Apr KO 130pm

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Thynker wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:25 pm
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:16 pm
Thynker wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:02 pm
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:54 pm
Thynker wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:47 pm


So again, you sack Arteta in the morning or at season's end...

BUT
Who are you going to appoint (that's available) especially given that we may not have European football...?
As I said above, this is Arsenal FC .we have a young generation of players coming through. Believe me plenty of managers will be available.

But here let's just stick our heads in the sand and see how low arteta can bring us
You haven't named one yet.
I've other things to be doing this evening rather than having this discussion.

Lads and ladies stop calling for arteta to be sacked because there's clearly no one available to replace him :lol:
The world is full of people complaining and crying about problems but when you ask them for solutions they're remarkably bereft of ideas.
Should Klopp be sacked too? Liverpool are going backwards and may not even get CL football next year.

Personally I would give Arteta a further chance of a year. I understand why others may not want to.
He had the Ozil saga going on half the year. Kolasinac and Mustai were shit stirrers too - just ask the Schalke boss.
Tierney has spent a lot of time injured.

If there are rotten elements to the club, I think Edu's relationship with Joorabchian needs to be looked at. We should not be signing older clients of his on large contracts (WIllian) - our future lies with youth.
I never complained or cried once.

I just laughed that some people would give a manager who is clearly out of his depth another year in charge.

Klopp won the CL and PL back to back so that comparison is a bit off
Last edited by IW8Goalmachine on Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Arsenal Till I Die
Posts: 3270
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 6:06 pm
Location: North London

Re: Fulham Fartpipes H Sun 18th Apr KO 130pm

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:19 pm
Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:49 pm
Rafael Benítez. No question, for the time being.

Experienced, knows the league very well, has won European competitions before too.

Also available.
Except in the evenings when he's waiting tables. :D
He doesn't work Thursdays or Sundays :lol:

User avatar
Midz
Posts: 3038
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:36 pm
Location: Gabba Gabba Hey!!

Re: Fulham Fartpipes H Sun 18th Apr KO 130pm

Post by Midz »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:59 pm


He doesn't work Thursdays or Sundays :lol:
Nor do the majority of our players.

User avatar
Arsenal Till I Die
Posts: 3270
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 6:06 pm
Location: North London

Re: Fulham Fartpipes H Sun 18th Apr KO 130pm

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Midz wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:21 pm
Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 6:59 pm


He doesn't work Thursdays or Sundays :lol:
Nor do the majority of our players.
:coffeespit:

Post Reply