El Reenghole v El Beige Europa Semi 1st Leg Thurs 29th April KO 8 in the ebeneeng

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SteveO 35

Re: El Reenghole v El Beige Europa Semi 1st Leg Thurs 29th April KO 8 in the ebeneeng

Post by SteveO 35 »

rodders999 wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:14 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:35 am
rodders999 wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:11 am
SteveO it’s been the same in the after match interviews for quite a while now. I’ve been watching him and find it incredible that he seems completely shell shocked after every game talking about how piss poor the performance was as if it was a complete one off and not the default mode of to total shit we’re subjected to pretty much every single week.
Yeah I know mate. Its the first time yesterday though when I've seen his reaction to the conceded goals look so desperate, and also thought he looked stunned in the post match interview. Perhaps when you're so close to something, you can't see the faults. Goes back to Clummo's point about having a more experienced coaching team around him. He desperately needs someone in their 50s or older with 20+ years experience taking him to one side and pointing out some of the obvious flaws.
Agreed and who I'd like to see (and I know he burned a lot of bridges with the Wenger stuff ) but the more I hear from Keown the more I'd like him to be involved in some capacity. Talks a lot of sense and would also offer some badly needed help to the defense.
Wasn't he involved in 2006 when we somehow made a defence that included Eboue and Senderos, one that went several games in the CL without conceding en route to the final? Or did I dream that bit?

Either way, El Beige could do with an Arsenal man. Also thought Freddie spoke a lot of sense last night and much as I wouldn't have wanted him as permanent manager, its hard to imagine he would do worse and its a shame he isn't part of the set up now given the great work he did with the youngsters

gooner265

Re: El Reenghole v El Beige Europa Semi 1st Leg Thurs 29th April KO 8 in the ebeneeng

Post by gooner265 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:56 am
rodders999 wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
SteveO it’s been the same in the after match interviews for quite a while now. I’ve been watching him and find it incredible that he seems completely shell shocked after every game talking about how piss poor the performance was as if it was a complete one off and not the default mode of to total shit we’re subjected to pretty much every single week.
Yeah I know mate. Its the first time yesterday though when I've seen his reaction to the conceded goals look so desperate, and also thought he looked stunned in the post match interview. Perhaps when you're so close to something, you can't see the faults. Goes back to Clummo's point about having a more experienced coaching team around him. He desperately needs someone in their 50s or older with 20+ years experience taking him to one side and pointing out some of the obvious flaws.
Agreed and who I'd like to see (and I know he burned a lot of bridges with the Wenger stuff ) but the more I hear from Keown the more I'd like him to be involved in some capacity. Talks a lot of sense and would also offer some badly needed help to the defense.
Wasn't he involved in 2006 when we somehow made a defence that included Eboue and Senderos, one that went several games in the CL without conceding en route to the final? Or did I dream that bit?

Either way, El Beige could do with an Arsenal man. Also thought Freddie spoke a lot of sense last night and much as I wouldn't have wanted him as permanent manager, its hard to imagine he would do worse and its a shame he isn't part of the set up now given the great work he did with the youngsters
Yes Keown was asked to help out Pat Rice in that season and did a great job with poor players including Flamini at left back which led to out champions league final , then Wenger on his wisdom got rid of him the next season.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

rodders999 wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
Keown does talk a lot of sense (and crap too tbf :lol:) and wouldn't be the worse appointment to the coaching staff.

Plus he stayed at the same hotel as me in Ibiza in 1986 and bought me a beer. :lol: :cheers:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

BFG4 wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:34 am
It's hard to be any way positive about next week and even if we squeeze through, United will tear us a new one anyway. Regardless of what happens that clueless *word censored* needs sacking. I'm still in shock he played no striker and what about his double substitution with 20 seconds to go, this prick makes Wenger seem competent.
If we Win it - He gets another year/season, and with our inbred idiot of an owner maybe even a contract extension...

I would rather we lost in the semi 2nd leg and go out to Seville than get through to the final and manureCUNTS rape us, which is what would happen.

:cry:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Clummo99 wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:13 am
rodders999 wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
Keown does talk a lot of sense (and crap too tbf :lol:) and wouldn't be the worse appointment to the coaching staff.

Plus he stayed at the same hotel as me in Ibiza in 1986 and bought me a beer. :lol: :cheers:

:shock:

Only ONE!!! The tight Ceeeeunt. :lol: :wink:

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:46 pm
Clummo99 wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

It was a group of 6 of us and we were sitting by the pool so I was happy with one. :lol:

He said he'd signed for Villa a couple of days earlier and that was the first I knew of it. I was gutted.

No Internet back then. :lol:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

Clummo99 wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:30 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Clummo99 wrote:
rodders999 wrote:
SteveO 35 wrote:

It was a group of 6 of us and we were sitting by the pool so I was happy with one. :lol:

He said he'd signed for Villa a couple of days earlier and that was the first I knew of it. I was gutted.

If you were dedicated you’d have been phoning club call on the premium rate number every day of pre-season :roll:

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

StuartL wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:58 pm
Clummo99 wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:30 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Clummo99 wrote:
rodders999 wrote:

If you were dedicated you’d have been phoning club call on the premium rate number every day of pre-season :roll:
Pmsl :lol:

Ernie71

Post by Ernie71 »

Just think if we had an owner like Abramovich. Arteta wouldnt even be thinking about next season he would be out. Remember he sacked Sari after they slaughtered us in Baku and they finished 3rd. How can anyone even think of keeping Arteta after we finish 10th in the league the season after we finished 8th

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Ernie71 wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 7:33 pm
Just think if we had an owner like Abramovich. Arteta wouldnt even be thinking about next season he would be out. Remember he sacked Sari after they slaughtered us in Baku and they finished 3rd. How can anyone even think of keeping Arteta after we finish 10th in the league the season after we finished 8th
There's the difference between the owners of the clubs. For all the stick the Chavs get, he backs them with money and if they don't deliver they're gone. Di Matteo wins CL, fired by November........Conte wins the league then the FA Cup, gets the sack...........Lumpard punted after giving him a fortune to spend.

We're an embarrassment in comparison