El Reenghole v El Beige Europa Semi 1st Leg Thurs 29th April KO 8 in the ebeneeng

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
goonersid

Re: El Reenghole v El Beige Europa Semi 1st Leg Thurs 29th April KO 8 in the ebeneeng

Post by goonersid »

I wonder how Wenger would play the second leg?
I reckon he would have us well in charge at 2-1 down :lol:

Perryashburtongroves

Re: El Reenghole v El Beige Europa Semi 1st Leg Thurs 29th April KO 8 in the ebeneeng

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

No doubt, we'll find a way to bugger this up in a week's time. An absolutely terrible performance with an atrocious team selection and horrific tactics. Somehow we've managed to give ourselves a chance. Fuck knows what we'll manage to do but at least we've got a chance.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

You got to say Arteta is a lucky manager though.

We need a 1-0 win at home against the Spanish Aston Villa to get into the final...

After that team selection and performance tonight that is fairly unbelievable :D

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

The only thing I really learned tonight is that Arteta is one lucky fùcker.

Lives to fight another day but simply doesn't deserve it.

Clash

Post by Clash »

Not sure I want us to be the team that loses to give weasel face Ole his first trophy. Cant see either us or Villarreal beating them even though I don’t rate Man Utd much.

Glad we are still in the tie though but Arteta and some of those players deserve to be out!

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Somehow still in the tie despite Arteta going full blown fucking mental with the team selection.

Hard to get excited about any potential come back though knowing what would be in store in the final.

When was the last time we played well? Shocking performance again. So many half arsed players out there.

When they went down to 10 we needed someone to step up and take control of the game. Sadly we don’t have a single player capable of doing that and the likes of Holding, Chambers and Xhaka killed the momentum. Any decent player in the middle would demand the ball off them and tell those around him not to fucking pass to them.

What more can I say about Getafe. He already did his best to put us out against Benfica, the guy is a fucking skid mark of a player. Complete C.UNT :banghead:

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

I’m clean outta words for this side,I’m not sure I even have any anger or frustration left,just want all this to be over,I’m fucking sick of it

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:59 pm
You got to say Arteta is a lucky manager though.

We need a 1-0 win at home against the Spanish Aston Villa to get into the final...

After that team selection and performance tonight that is fairly unbelievable :D
Absolutely right

He didn't get one thing right tonight. From selection, subs, tactics, leaving Getafe on to get sent off. Nothing

The refs who supposedly hate Arsenal above everyone else gave us a penalty equivalent to the one loads of people on here were squealing about for Fulham the other week

We were lucky as fuck to escape with 2-1

When we had a brief chance with them down to 10, we did sweet fuck all

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Clummo99 wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:01 pm
The only thing I really learned tonight is that Arteta is one lucky fùcker.

Lives to fight another day but simply doesn't deserve it.
What I learned tonight is that Arteta just rolls with it - he has not got a clue what is going on or what to do to change anything.

Keown is all but slating Arteta on BT right now

Clash

Post by Clash »

Agree about Arteta being lucky.

Wenger had similar luck in his latter years. So often he got away with his incompetence which allowed him to survive far longer than he should have.

Arteta needs to go regardless of how this season ends though. Tonight’s performance and selection was disgraceful, especially for a European semi final.

BobbyPires7

Post by BobbyPires7 »

At least Dani boy can’t play in the second leg.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Hopefully Tierney back for second leg - only trouble is Xhaka will take Ceballos place in midfield

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

I'm more annoyed by the fact that he will still be in charge next week.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Clash wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:08 pm
Agree about Arteta being lucky.

Wenger had similar luck in his latter years. So often he got away with his incompetence which allowed him to survive far longer than he should have.

Arteta needs to go regardless of how this season ends though. Tonight’s performance and selection was disgraceful, especially for a European semi final.
Josh the eunuch won't have a clue how to replace legoman so expect him to start next season here, unless of course they try to pull the wool over the fans eyes by sacking the manager in order to distract from their own incompetence, in fact I can see that being quite likely, god knows who they'll apoint though, but you can be sure they'll be some second rate rookie or has-been.

I don't watch Arsenal anymore in the PL and watching the EL this season has reminded me why!, not interested in anything we do on the field now until the American pricks f*ck off, only watched this as I have access to a 'free' BT sport account.

:roll:

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:11 pm
Hopefully Tierney back for second leg - only trouble is Xhaka will take Ceballos place in midfield
If KT isn't fit enough I'd hope to see Saka or Cedric in there in place of Xhaka.

Chukwueze was particularly quiet tonight apart from the last 15 minutes. He has more about him than that showing.