El Reenghole v El Beige Europa Semi 1st Leg Thurs 29th April KO 8 in the ebeneeng

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Topside Northbank

Re: El Reenghole v El Beige Europa Semi 1st Leg Thurs 29th April KO 8 in the ebeneeng

Post by Topside Northbank »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:11 pm
Hopefully Tierney back for second leg - only trouble is Xhaka will take Ceballos place in midfield
Came in from work HT mate text we were in trouble so knew 2-0 down at least.

The team he picked was giving us every chance to lose.

Ceballos thankfully banned 2nd leg because this comedian keeps picking him, no Xhaka fan but rather him in midfield that's how ineffective he is.

If we somehow get through against a average Villareal I have no stomach for another final like Baku because if this prick keeps making and he does rookie manager errors as much through being stubborn we are truly fucked.

Nos89

Re: El Reenghole v El Beige Europa Semi 1st Leg Thurs 29th April KO 8 in the ebeneeng

Post by Nos89 »

I'm still not sure why the referee gave a foul when coquelin fell over a fellow Villarreal player and we went onto score, only to be ruled out.
We already know Cellabos was a liability this season, why play him ahead of Elneny?
We ain't Man city, why was martinelli on the bench when they've been coaching him to be a striker?
I had a feeling Arteta was going to try to out smart Emery and fail. Mikel stop trying to be too clever.
Personally, we can get through to the final, and hope Manure have over done it in the semi final.
I think if we finish 10th and win this competition, Arteta will still be replaced with a champions league manager, which definitely isn't the Roma manager.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Can’t see us turning it around in the second leg if I’m being honest. Can anyone see us keeping a clean sheet next week? I can’t. They’re shite but we’re equally as bad, united must be fucking pissing themselves at such a soft trophy.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

I can quite easily see us turning this around with a totally out of the blue performance like Prague.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Clummo99 wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:33 pm
I can quite easily see us turning this around with a totally out of the blue performance like Prague.
Prague was away mind, our home form has been abysmal this season.

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

I think it will go the way of Olympiacos last season. We will score, but so will they and they will go through.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Just seen United highlights and Roma had to change their keeper when they were 2-1 up, and he was a bit rubbish.
Emery's English seems to have improved since leaving.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:35 pm
Clummo99 wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:33 pm
Prague was away mind, our home form has been abysmal this season.
I get your point but what I mean is we're never sure who's going to turn up, Jekyll or Hyde.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Did anyone else watch his interview last night? I thought he was going to cry at one point

"In the first half it wasn't us"

I don't know who he thinks "us" is referring to because that version of "us" is the one I've seen 50+ times in first halves under you mate. Slow out of the blocks, playing football at a 1930s pace, a clueless backline of strangers still getting used to each other because they're never allowed to settle for more than a couple of games before wholesale changes, a midfield of gormless c.unts like Partey and Getafe who consistently gift the ball to the opposition, and the paceless Swiss tart unable to do anything properly (other than pointing).

That is "us". The "us" that beat Man City and Chelsea to win the FA Cup is a distant memory from a year ago. "Us" are the paceless, gormless tools of 2020/21 who have lost nine times at home and made hard work of the Portuguese Burnley and the Greek Rochdale.

People talk about the one performance against Slavia and that's just it - it was a one off in the context of 2020/21. Even Wenger produced the 'one offs' to win the 2017 FA Cup against Man City and Chelsea, and even those of you who hate Emery so much will concede there were some good performances (such as beating Spurs 4-2 when it was a decent Spurs side, and winning 4-2 in Valencia)

The "us" on display last night mate is the real "us". Perhaps if you looked back at your league results since taking over, you'd realise how often that "us" has turned up and stunk the place out.

Get the fuck out of our club now. Give someone else - anyone else - the chance to turn this tie round and build for next season

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

It's hard to be any way positive about next week and even if we squeeze through, United will tear us a new one anyway. Regardless of what happens that clueless *word censored* needs sacking. I'm still in shock he played no striker and what about his double substitution with 20 seconds to go, this prick makes Wenger seem competent.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

SteveO it’s been the same in the after match interviews for quite a while now. I’ve been watching him and find it incredible that he seems completely shell shocked after every game talking about how piss poor the performance was as if it was a complete one off and not the default mode of to total shit we’re subjected to pretty much every single week.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

rodders999 wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:11 am
SteveO it’s been the same in the after match interviews for quite a while now. I’ve been watching him and find it incredible that he seems completely shell shocked after every game talking about how piss poor the performance was as if it was a complete one off and not the default mode of to total shit we’re subjected to pretty much every single week.
Yeah I know mate. Its the first time yesterday though when I've seen his reaction to the conceded goals look so desperate, and also thought he looked stunned in the post match interview. Perhaps when you're so close to something, you can't see the faults. Goes back to Clummo's point about having a more experienced coaching team around him. He desperately needs someone in their 50s or older with 20+ years experience taking him to one side and pointing out some of the obvious flaws.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

From todays Sun...hes a self indulgent twat who is trying to be clever....

What possessed him to overlook a string of defenders and use the ever-unreliable Granit Xhaka at left-back?

Barely four minutes were on the clock before that belter of an idea blew up in his face, as Xhaka displayed all the full-back skills of a five-year-old, allowing his man to first drive into the area then beat him to tee up Manu Trigueros to open the score.

Cedric Soares, Hector Bellerin and Gabriel would all have done better but no, Arteta knows better just because at City they can throw someone like Fernandinho into defence without being exposed.

The clue should be in the quality, or lack there-of, in this Arsenal team to stop taking such decisions.

Which brings us to Pep’s old favourite, the false 9. A system employed so well by the Spaniard at Barcelona and latterly at the Etihad.

But asking players like Lionel Messi, Cesc Fabregas and Kevin De Bruyne to operate an ever rotating formation is one thing.

Getting £72million-flop Nicolas Pepe and novice Emile Smith Rowe to attempt such a difficult role, as well as maintain a high press when not in possession, is mission impossible.

The result was pitter-patter football across the field with zero cutting edge, largely because that was the amount of players in the attacking areas that matter through the middle for Arsenal.

It was a case of being clever for clever’s sake, and the semi-final of the Europa League is not the time for that.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:11 pm
Hopefully Tierney back for second leg - only trouble is Xhaka will take Ceballos place in midfield
Yep. As utterly shit as Hleballos is, the fucking mong Clive is far more lethal to us in the middle. At least at LB he is somewhat out of the danger area in front of our bog average (on a good day) CHs - unless we come up against a team with an even average winger, then Clive is fucked there too. :roll:

When Clive is in the middle not only does he kill all momentum going forward but he is a complete liability defensively with his "ability" to piss possession away under no pressure, give away stupid cheap free kicks in dangerous areas, and all round fucking stupidity and cowardice. :censored:

I'd honestly play Elneny in there ahead of Clive. He produces little, but he is far safer and less retarded than Clive.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:35 am
rodders999 wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:11 am
Yeah I know mate. Its the first time yesterday though when I've seen his reaction to the conceded goals look so desperate, and also thought he looked stunned in the post match interview. Perhaps when you're so close to something, you can't see the faults. Goes back to Clummo's point about having a more experienced coaching team around him. He desperately needs someone in their 50s or older with 20+ years experience taking him to one side and pointing out some of the obvious flaws.
Agreed and who I'd like to see (and I know he burned a lot of bridges with the Wenger stuff ) but the more I hear from Keown the more I'd like him to be involved in some capacity. Talks a lot of sense and would also offer some badly needed help to the defense.