European Super League horseshit now a possibility?

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: European Super League announced

Post by DB10GOONER »

Can't see this happening. Too many hurdles to overcome. It will be solved by FIFA and UEFA offering some watered down version to replace the Europa League or maybe domestic cups like the FA Cup to placate the greedy money club cùnts like us.

If (big big if) it did happen as described on SlySports News today then I too would be done with the game.

I never thought something like football would make me wish death on someone but I honestly hope the likes of bald wig molester Kroenke and his cùnt son both die. :censored:

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:06 pm
The European Super League will be announced at 9:30PM tonight. Florentino Perez will hold the chairman's role with Liverpool's John W. Henry, Joel Glazer of Manchester United and Arsenal owner Stan Kroenke as vice-chairmen. 
@MailSport

Stan Kroenke of Arsenal was eager for the Super League to go through. He was Perez's best 'mate' in this. Kroenke sees Super League as the way to make Arsenal "the biggest team in the world". @BBCSport #rmalive

Kroenke, who also owns Denver Nuggets, thought that if NBA model is used in football, the sport would change for the better. #rmalive

If it goes through, the Super League will use the NBA model.

The play-offs will have teams play 3 matches against each other (instead of 7 in NBA), the first team to win 2 goes through. The aggregate score will NOT matter. @TuttoMercatoWeb #rmalive

- Twitter via @theMadridZone
Love the highlighted part. :lol:

Yeah let's follow the NBA model where draws are almost as rare as a Spuds title win! So that'll be a lot of penalty shootouts then?

All good excitement for the TV audience I suppose.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

If this is an alternative to UEFA competitions, not domestic leagues then I'll support the move. As an organisation, UEFA has been proven as being bad for football. A rival organisation would be good for football.
Premier League at the weekend, European Super League midweek then fine.
If it means opting out of the domestic league then, no, I would not support that.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:23 pm
Can't see this happening. Too many hurdles to overcome. It will be solved by FIFA and UEFA offering some watered down version to replace the Europa League or maybe domestic cups like the FA Cup to placate the greedy money club cùnts like us.

If (big big if) it did happen as described on SlySports News today then I too would be done with the game.

I never thought something like football would make me wish death on someone but I honestly hope the likes of bald wig molester Kroenke and his cùnt son both die. :censored:
This happened a number of years back didn't it.

It's never going to happen. It's just a threat and a ploy again for the clubs to get a larger slice of the pie.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Clummo99 wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:26 pm
The European Super League will be announced at 9:30PM tonight. Florentino Perez will hold the chairman's role with Liverpool's John W. Henry, Joel Glazer of Manchester United and Arsenal owner Stan Kroenke as vice-chairmen. 
@MailSport

Stan Kroenke of Arsenal was eager for the Super League to go through. He was Perez's best 'mate' in this. Kroenke sees Super League as the way to make Arsenal "the biggest team in the world". @BBCSport #rmalive

Kroenke, who also owns Denver Nuggets, thought that if NBA model is used in football, the sport would change for the better. #rmalive

The play-offs will have teams play 3 matches against each other (instead of 7 in NBA), the first team to win 2 goes through. The aggregate score will NOT matter. @TuttoMercatoWeb #rmalive

Yeah let's follow the NBA model where draws are almost as rare as a Spuds title win! So that'll be a lot of penalty shootouts then?

And how long before we hear that of those 3 games, 1 will be at home, 1 away, and the other in Beijing/Miami/Sydney etc, with Amazon streaming it live at 4am GMT.

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:32 pm
Clummo99 wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:26 pm
@MailSport

And how long before we hear that of those 3 games, 1 will be at home, 1 away, and the other in Beijing/Miami/Sydney etc, with Amazon streaming it live at 4am GMT.
If it's true to the NBA model then it will be two games at home for the higher placed team.

But I wouldn't put your point beyond them! :lol:

Rugby Gooner

The breakaway Euro-Superleague

Post by Rugby Gooner »

Much wailing and gnashing of teeth, banging on about greed and elitism.
I remember much the same when the Premier League was formed, and anyone who opposed it was portrayed as being stuck in the past, and having no vision.
You reap what you sow.

Clash

Post by Clash »

Just seen Ratface Neville ranting on Sky - he was nearly in tears from the look of it.

Agreed with everything he said to be honest and the others on Sky ... but they’ll never admit to how they themselves have contributed to the grotesque behaviour that is already in the game ... and they’ll probably all end up buying the coverage and doing the punditry too, if it ever happens.

Absolute fucking disgrace but I’m not shocked. Nobody in the game has attempted to put a stop to this runaway train. The likes of the Premier League and owners of clubs have exploited loyalty of fans for years now, destroying traditions and pricing out too many people. And their self-serving greed has contributed hugely to this inevitable outcome.

The fact that it’s funded by JP Morgan - an American investment bank - means I’ll expect all kinds of rule changes to be implemented to make the product more marketable and lucrative for the younger generations that will have no clue what was destroyed to create this,

TeeCee

Post by TeeCee »

UEFA are due to announce the new CL format next week, no group stages just a league format with play offs I heard.

Fuck me, if we went into a Euro super league it would be us and Spuds fighting for last place, what a dream scenario!! :banghead:

UEFA and FIFA need an enormous shake up but a SL is not the answer.

Clummo99

Re: The breakaway Euro-Superleague

Post by Clummo99 »

Thread merge incoming!! :lol:

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

Feel freeto merge mods :barscarf:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

Clash wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:45 pm
Just seen Ratface Neville ranting on Sky - he was nearly in tears from the look of it.

Agreed with everything he said to be honest and the others on Sky ... but they’ll never admit to how they themselves have contributed to the grotesque behaviour that is already in the game ... and they’ll probably all end up buying the coverage and doing the punditry too, if it ever happens.

Absolute fucking disgrace but I’m not shocked. Nobody in the game has attempted to put a stop to this runaway train. The likes of the Premier League and owners of clubs have exploited loyalty of fans for years now, destroying traditions and pricing out too many people. And their self-serving greed has contributed hugely to this inevitable outcome.

The fact that it’s funded by JP Morgan - an American investment bank - means I’ll expect all kinds of rule changes to be implemented to make the product more marketable and lucrative for the younger generations that will have no clue what was destroyed to create this,
That fucking cûnt can shut his fucking hypocritical gob. Moaning about greed and money ruining competition and the whole structure of football when he himself along with those other self-entitled, loathsome ego-maniacs bought a non-league team, pumped in loads of money and completely ruined the whole competitive nature of non-league football. All, that's happening now is what he's done but with bigger clubs and more money. I wish someone would actually question this ugly prick about some of the shit he spouts and his hypocritical bollox.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Clummo99 wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:48 pm
Thread merge incoming!! :lol:
:lol:

Brace yourselves. :wink:

Clummo99

Post by Clummo99 »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:59 pm
Clash wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 5:45 pm

That fucking cûnt can shut his fucking hypocritical gob. Moaning about greed and money ruining competition and the whole structure of football when he himself along with those other self-entitled, loathsome ego-maniacs bought a non-league team, pumped in loads of money and completely ruined the whole competitive nature of non-league football. All, that's happening now is what he's done but with bigger clubs and more money. I wish someone would actually question this ugly prick about some of the shit he spouts and his hypocritical bollox.
Spot on Perry. Have to admire the lack of irony and double standards in these people. :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:11 pm
This thing probably doesn’t get off the ground in truth, too many big guns to oppose it not to mention a massive fan backlash.

It’s all just a bit of posturing before UEFA announce some sort of enhanced champions league format later on this week that will keep the cash rolling in and appease the greedy fucking C.UNTS :twisted:
This isn't about Football, it is pure and simply about Money/Profit and whilst there are some Big Guns - Whomever has the Biggest Wallets and the most powerful legal Teams will win out and Sadly as for fans, I would guess 95% - 98% of fans want VAR removed as it is killing the excitement of the game AND is Not being used as it was intended for; at least we were all lead to believe to ensure Clear and obvious errors were checked for" not the fiasco it has become. Again, I would suggest that is all down to money and power. The fans can moan all they like but unless they boycott games once lockdown is ended, then their complaints and any protests will be ignored.

Football HAS eaten itself and that makes me both sad and angry, it all began when the Prem was formed and Sky had the rights....money - money - money :blah: :blah: :blah:

The state of football is a reflection of the world at large, businesses, society etc....

TOTALLY FUCKEDD As the poor get poorer and the rich get richer.